Corsair Community

Crashes and Malfunctions

daemon9

I've been trying to create lighting profiles but keep getting constant malfunctions reported by CUE. When this malfunction happens, the lightning stops working altogether. I also get complete crashes of the keyboard which makes me unable to type at all. I have to either unplug/re-plug or restart my computer to get it working again. The malfunctions occurred on my K95 RGB quite frequently, too.

:mad::mad:

I've been trying to create lighting profiles but keep getting constant malfunctions reported by CUE. When this malfunction happens, the lightning stops working altogether. I also get complete crashes of the keyboard which makes me unable to type at all. I have to either unplug/re-plug or restart my computer to get it working again. The malfunctions occurred on my K95 RGB quite frequently, too.

:mad::mad:

What is the exact error message, CUE version, OS version, firmware version?

What is the exact error message' date=' CUE version, OS version, firmware version?[/quote']

The malfunctions show no error other than "Malfunction" and a red exclamation point on the icon, otherwise I would have quoted it on my original post. All my versions are up-to-date, of course. You don't have a rig like mine and not know how to keep your software updated.

Does the crash happen if you don't have CUE running?

And saying you're up to date doesn't get anyone anywhere. If you can't provide actual numbers no one can help you.

Is it that hard to know what the current versions are? Seriously, if I say I'm using the current version of CUE, you should know what number that is...that information is available to everyone. You don't need me to physically type the version numbers for you to help me. Is this nerding for nerding's sake or something? If you think it's a firmware/software issue, and you know I'm using the current version, you could just say, "Oh try this version of CUE, maybe that will work." or if you think it's a USB controller driver issue, then that would be a different story and I would have to post my ASMedia/Intel host controller version since only I can see that. And all honesty, my Windows version is completely irrelevant to this situation. What the hell is wrong with you people?

And I've tried using my K95P without CUE running for a few hours and haven't had any crashes...yet.

• Corsair Employee
Hey daemon, sorry to hear about the issue that you're running into. I'm curious if the malfunction message only happens when you create a profile. Do you get the same error lets say if you're running one of the profiles we have on our RGB share page?

Hey daemon, sorry to hear about the issue that you're running into. I'm curious if the malfunction message only happens when you create a profile. Do you get the same error lets say if you're running one of the profiles we have on our RGB share page?

The malfunction will happen periodically and randomly during normal use. And it will also malfunction while attempting to create a lighting profile 100% of the time.

The crash happens completely randomly.

• 4 weeks later...

One month and one update later, I'm still experiencing crashes in both the keyboard's functionality and LED lighting.

When the keyboard stops working, the LED lighting still works. I can't type at all and can only seem to fix it through a soft restart of my PC. A hard restart and unplugging the keyboard completely does not fix the issue.

The LED lighting crashes when creating a lighting profile still persists and can still only be fix by closing and restarting CUE.

Please fix this!

The malfunctions show no error other than "Malfunction" and a red exclamation point on the icon, otherwise I would have quoted it on my original post. All my versions are up-to-date, of course. You don't have a rig like mine and not know how to keep your software updated.

Glad to hear this. What is the exact CUE version, OS version, firmware version in effect at the latest crash? As you are no doubt aware, there are multiple current flavors of Windows 10, for instance, so there exists more than one up-to-date version. I do not doubt everything you have is up-to-date, but it would be very very useful if you would be so kind as to share exactly what versions you are using. (For example, I am using 64-bit Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview, so when I post a bug report I also include the precise version of this and build number, as it changes week to week.) I hope you can be helpful; I am not attacking you, just requesting information that will be helpful in resolving your issue.

Is it that hard to know what the current versions are? Seriously, if I say I'm using the current version of CUE, you should know what number that is...that information is available to everyone. You don't need me to physically type the version numbers for you to help me. Is this nerding for nerding's sake or something? If you think it's a firmware/software issue, and you know I'm using the current version, you could just say, "Oh try this version of CUE, maybe that will work." or if you think it's a USB controller driver issue, then that would be a different story and I would have to post my ASMedia/Intel host controller version since only I can see that. And all honesty, my Windows version is completely irrelevant to this situation. What the hell is wrong with you people?

And I've tried using my K95P without CUE running for a few hours and haven't had any crashes...yet.

The Windows version appears to be relevant, as there have been postings on this forum that appear OS-specific; even if it isn't, having the reports show that reproduction occurs around the board are helpful in determining the root cause of the problem.

• 1 month later...
Glad to hear this. What is the exact CUE version, OS version, firmware version in effect at the latest crash? As you are no doubt aware, there are multiple current flavors of Windows 10, for instance, so there exists more than one up-to-date version. I do not doubt everything you have is up-to-date, but it would be very very useful if you would be so kind as to share exactly what versions you are using. (For example, I am using 64-bit Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview, so when I post a bug report I also include the precise version of this and build number, as it changes week to week.) I hope you can be helpful; I am not attacking you, just requesting information that will be helpful in resolving your issue.

The Windows version appears to be relevant, as there have been postings on this forum that appear OS-specific; even if it isn't, having the reports show that reproduction occurs around the board are helpful in determining the root cause of the problem.

Alright. Fine. The crashes have gotten worse to the point of being utterly ridiculous. It seems I'm having to close and restart CUE every 5 minutes now. Here's the info you asked for:

CUE version: 2.15.83

Firmware version: 1.07.123

OS version: Windows 10 Home ver. 1607 (build 14393.1480)

I gave up on trying to create custom RGB profiles so I'm just using CUE in simple mode with a rotating rainbow lighting profile.

Anything else?

Yeah, I had a feeling that version info wouldn't allow anyone to figure out why CUE keeps putting out that error and crashing the RGB...

Nobody wants to help you because you have argued with those who have offered and are quite rude. I cannot believe somebody asking for help would have your demeanor.

Why should you post version information? First it is not the responsibility of those trying to help you to fetch the "current version" of your OS, keyboard, and software. Second it future-proofs this post so that others who end up on this post with similar issues can compare their version numbers.

Nobody wants to help you because you have argued with those who have offered and are quite rude. I cannot believe somebody asking for help would have your demeanor.

Why should you post version information? First it is not the responsibility of those trying to help you to fetch the "current version" of your OS, keyboard, and software. Second it future-proofs this post so that others who end up on this post with similar issues can compare their version numbers.

The date of my posts already "future-proofs" my information. Posting version numbers would be redundant as I have already said that my versions of CUE are UP TO DATE. So when I say that CUE is UP TO DATE...is it possible for anyone to have a different version number if their CUE is UP TO DATE? And if anyone is being rude, it's you people who have nothing helpful to offer but useless requests that are completely irrelevant to the issue. Also, ignoring my issue out of spite doesn't help others with similar problems. But yeah, go ahead and justify it all you want if it makes you feel taller on your soapbox.

The date of my posts already "future-proofs" my information. Posting version numbers would be redundant as I have already said that my versions of CUE are UP TO DATE. So when I say that CUE is UP TO DATE...is it possible for anyone to have a different version number if their CUE is UP TO DATE? And if anyone is being rude, it's you people who have nothing helpful to offer but useless requests that are completely irrelevant to the issue. Also, ignoring my issue out of spite doesn't help others with similar problems. But yeah, go ahead and justify it all you want if it makes you feel taller on your soapbox.

But it doesn't... If someone reads this in the future they aren't going to know what version you're using just from your post date and the fact you said your version is up to date. So it's possible for them to be up to date and be on a different build.

And if you find us rude and unhelpful you can contact Corsair Support at https://support.corsair.com/ or call them toll-free at 1 (888) 222-4346 They are professionals whose job is to answer tech support questions. We are asking the same questions that support might ask.

Also, Comet and I aren't obligated or paid by Corsair, to help anyone or do anything. We help people because we want to. I've never read a post and thought oh yea ill just ignore them because lol they can't figure it out... So if you want to believe that we are ignoring you because we want to spite you fine, but ill be honest and tell you it's your attitude.

But it doesn't... If someone reads this in the future they aren't going to know what version you're using just from your post date and the fact you said your version is up to date. So it's possible for them to be up to date and be on a different build.

And if you find us rude and unhelpful you can contact Corsair Support at https://support.corsair.com/ or call them toll-free at 1 (888) 222-4346 They are professionals whose job is to answer tech support questions. We are asking the same questions that support might ask.

Also, Comet and I aren't obligated or paid by Corsair, to help anyone or do anything. We help people because we want to. I've never read a post and thought oh yea ill just ignore them because lol they can't figure it out... So if you want to believe that we are ignoring you because we want to spite you fine, but ill be honest and tell you it's your attitude.

Yes...yes they CAN deduce facts about my version from my post date and later posts that I have made. People aren't as stupid as you imply. "Oh, he just posted that yesterday and the current version has been out for 3 weeks. And since no other version has come out, we just might have the same version since I, too, keep my software updated!"

What I find odd, is that Greybeard chimed in and the first thing he asked wasn't what version I was using. That's most likely because either it's irrelevant or he already knew after reading "UP TO DATE".

Anyway, I'll let this thread burn and die in a sec, but first, yes, I do find you rude and unhelpful and require a lot to learn about working with people and being professional. "And saying you're up to date doesn't get anyone anywhere. If you can't provide actual numbers no one can help you." Yeah, that's a bunch of BS if I ever heard it. Very professional. It's obvious you're not employed by Corsair, because that minute you took to tell me off you could have used to just tell me what the problem was since I DID provide the numbers that was oh-so-important to figuring out my problem, but you didn't. That would have been the fastest way to get rid of me, by the way. Definitely not employed by Corsair, definitely not professional.

• Administrators

Since this discussion has turned into an argument, I'm closing it. if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Yes, version numbers are important. Let's say multiple people are looking at a site and one has an old cache. They could think that version A is the most recent whereas version B is the most recent. Chaos ensues.

daemon9, please contact our support team for further assistance with your issue.

Archived