Corsair Community

Installing H80i pump head to LGA 1366 CPU

gilly1am

Hi, i'm new to the forum having just purchased a H80i following my CPU temps going to 100c when video rendering (i7 920 with stock block & cooler, MSI x58 MOBO, socket LGA 1366)!

Anway, ive read the instructions & taken a look at my 'puter and am still a bit puzzled as to how the mounting bolts will screw onto the backplate's threaded studs (which protrude through the MOBO) without a standoff screw being fitted inbetween.

I ask this because, my board is socket 1366 and the H80i instruction make reference to using the the standoff screws with LGA 1155 & 1156 but there is no mention of what to do if 1366 !! I'm sure there is an obvious explanation that i'm not seeing like you use the standoff screws still with 1366 ?? but want to check before I start taking the stock cooler apart etc.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
The same standoffs that you would use with the LGA 1155/56 installation are used for the 1366 install (Item G on the user manual). It is not called out specifically on our QSG which is a oversight we need to get fixed.

• 1 year later...
Can appreciate how you felt. However Corsair still publish an incorrect user manual for their H80i which still does not show the correct guide for installing on 1366 MB. Even worse they do not include the correct standoffs. I have lost several hours with is this cock up by Corsair. Where can I get the standoffs urgently? Anyone know ;-)

Archived