Corsair Community

One DIMM not appearing in software or bios + iCue issues

Willy Burns

Here's my problem: Every time I boot my PC the Vengeance Pro lighting will stay at default rainbow cycling effect, whereas the K70 will automatically load my lighting profile when iCue has loaded. Upon going into iCue I'm presented with a red exclamation mark in a triangle warning next to the Vengeance Pro image and can't select the RAM at all until I either close the program from the taskbar and restart it, or force update the firmware from the 'settings' menu in iCue, both of which aren't ideal as I expect this to work without having to mess around with it every time I boot. The other strange thing is that in CPU-Z, HWIFNO, and my motherboard BIOS SPD info section, DIMM 4 shows up as 'unknown' whereas the other three DIMMs all show up with the product number and 'Corsair' as the manufacturer. All four sticks are showing as 32GB in Windows and at the rated speed so there doesn't seem to be a problem there, and I've also done a clean install of Windows as Aura was playing up again anyway becasue it's been a terrible piece of software from day one, and still isn't working right ;(, but the problem with the RAM is still presenting itself.

Do you have any idea why this is happening and is there anything I can do to get it all working as it was up until about a month ago? Nothing has changed in my setup since building it about a year ago, as in, I've added no new hardware, and the only thing to change would be standard driver updates to Windows and Nvidia etc., so it's odd that this problem should present out of the blue – and even though everything seems to be working normally, if that DIMM isn't showing up in monitoring software or BIOS then maybe it's not working to its full capacity. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated :D

There seems to have been a spike "red triangle" reports this past month. That might suggest it is linked to the current iCUE version. I think there are changes in store in the next version in this regard, so hopefully hold out a few more days. They need to get that version out ASAP to deal with a particular keyboard/mouse bug.

As for the time being, stick to restarting the service from iCUE or kill it all in the task manager and restart. Don't keep force loading the firmware. There is always a small change something goes wrong. You don't want to roll the dice on this on a daily basis.

Are you using Software mode for the RAM? If so, try unticking that box in the settings -> RAM. That will remove the software lighting and you can add a preset. I am curious is this will bypass the error while also consuming far less system resources.

• Confused 1

There seems to have been a spike "red triangle" reports this past month. That might suggest it is linked to the current iCUE version. I think there are changes in store in the next version in this regard, so hopefully hold out a few more days. They need to get that version out ASAP to deal with a particular keyboard/mouse bug.

As for the time being, stick to restarting the service from iCUE or kill it all in the task manager and restart. Don't keep force loading the firmware. There is always a small change something goes wrong. You don't want to roll the dice on this on a daily basis.

Are you using Software mode for the RAM? If so, try unticking that box in the settings -> RAM. That will remove the software lighting and you can add a preset. I am curious is this will bypass the error while also consuming far less system resources.

Thank you for the reply.

I had 'Enable full software control' ticked, as that's what allowed me to program my own more complex setting, but after looking through more of the Corsair forums I tried the old trick of wiping everything using Revo and cleaning the registry then a restart; however, it still started the DIMMs on my old preset. Presumably they've just saved the lighting from a previous setting and it's using it as a default when there's no program available? Now I've reinstalled iCue my fans (controlled by the Lighting Node Pro) and keyboard have just reset as normal, to 'off' and 'rainbow spiral' respectively. If you say there's been a wave of red exclamation complaints recently, and this has happened to me out of the blue after changing nothing, it might be wisest to conclude it's a version problem, and that it will be solved with a revision :D:

To be fair, iCue has worked so much better than the awful software of the decade: Aura, and up until this I think I had one minor problem that was fixed almost immediately, and it appears it's only a lighting issue because all the available RAM is showing up.

Once again, thanks for your help ;)

The exact thing happened with the release of iCUE v3.24.52 patch plus a new firmware version for the DIMMs that has solved everything! Apparently, full software control does now not eat up as much CPU load also, or so Corsair are saying in the release notes, so here's to (virtually) penalty-free pointless RGB ;p

Once again, thank you for the great suggestion :D