Corsair Community

Using much older version of ICUE

mrshrir

I dont like the new ICUE , i prefer to use a much older version and use corsair link separately for my commander pro and fan controls.

I am using ICUE 2.24.50, Today i got a pair of vengence pro rgb ram, and they dont show up in Icue or corsair link, is there anyway around this to get control of the rgb ? do i have to update to the latest version of icue ? if i do, i can no longer use corsair link. some assistance

None. iCUE will always take command from Link of any iCUE capable devices. Link only exists for a handful of legacy Corsair devices (Commander Mini, H100i (2013), etc.) that are not iCUE capable. CUE 2 cannot co-exist with iCUE (CUE 3) since they reside in the same physical file location.

You can use CUE 2.24.50 for peripherals and Link 4.8-4.9.xx for internal devices, as long as you don't have something recently released.

However, maybe we should try some troubleshooting first. Obviously you have a Gigabyte MB. What chipset series? If X99, make to enable Speed Write in the BIOS. I am also wondering if Vengeance Pro is Link compatible at all. It came out right at the transition to iCUE. I am looking for documentation.

LINK does see the RAM as VENGENCE RGB PRO , it also shows the temps of the ram, however in link i dont see any option for controlling the rgb, the older vengence rgb ram i think was comptable with link Edited by mrshrir