Corsair Community

Please Help - PC's about to make lift of

Flappz

I have an i7 8086k paired with an H115i Corsair Cooler, which is using the stock fans that it came with, it literally sounds like it's going to take off every time I do the littlest task. My CPU is overclocked to 4.8 Ghz. I have an Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard which has full capacity to easily OC the CPU. If anyone can tell me anything I.E fan curves, good overclocking setting etc. I need help since I don't know when my Pcs gonna make lift off and fly out of my bedroom window. The video will hopefully show you more.

Thanks for reading and I hope this can be resolved.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Wired

Without being able to see... make sure your control variable for the radiator fans is H115i Temp (coolant temperature). Setting it to 8086K Package temp will give you a headache and not cool any better. Just a lot of fan yo-yo action.

Coolant temp is affect by room or local ambient temperature like anything else. If it is Summer where you are and the room hits 30C in the evening, your case is going to be 35C before you do anything. The default presets (Quiet/Balanced/Extreme) were created for a 20-23C room. You don't want to use them when outside that starting point. Make your own curves that correspond with your baseline coolant temp and a comfortable fan speed. Anything past 1300 rpm is going to be loud and not offer much more in terms of cooling. Keep it below that. Even 1200 is pushing it for me. Most people can use 750-1000 rpm for normal load use, gaming, etc.

Im trying my best to publish this video.

Im not very good with software side of things lol, Im just annoyed because my CPU is hitting 80 c, which is alright for the cpu I assume but it shouldnt be reaching that temp with such a cooler.

Edited by Wired

Not sure why the fans are pinned to max at 33C, but...

1) Disconnect both fans from the H115i Y-splitter and put them on the opposite connector. That connector is 1 fan channel or a traditional 4+3 PWM splitter. If the fan on the 4 pin has a wonky tach wire/pin, then both fans are affected.

2) No change? Hit the + in the performance tab to create a new "cooling mode". This is your custom curve (I see now you already have a few. You can use those). Try various fixed RPM or % speeds. Do the fans respond?