Corsair Community

Mystic Light integration SDK

ThesunGirl

Would this also work with their graphics cards? Things are really shaping up. If there can be a MSI SDK that controls the graphics card and I can ditch aura in favor of icue, all I need now is for Corsair to enable control of g skill ram....sweet Jesus.

Technically I don't see why it couldn't. But I don't have an MSI GPU to be able to test anything. And that's assuming I can even figure out how to create the plugin as there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to go about creating one.

I'll help test if you think you get to an alpha or beta build stage, MSI x570 MEG Ace board and an MSI RTX2080 Super gaming x trio! Been hoping corsair would integrate with 3rd party for years! Although they took a huge step bring both bits of their own software into one iCue product the other year, so thank god I'm down to running only 2 pieces of software

So does anyone here know of any documentation on how to make a plugin. They appear to be DLL files that cannot be decompiled with the attempts I have made. But they have to be made from a base language like maybe C# or C++ but I have never made anything of this sort before. So I'd need either an example or some form of documentation how plugins are supposed to work so that I could even attempt to start the project.

So does anyone here know of any documentation on how to make a plugin. They appear to be DLL files that cannot be decompiled with the attempts I have made. But they have to be made from a base language like maybe C# or C++ but I have never made anything of this sort before. So I'd need either an example or some form of documentation how plugins are supposed to work so that I could even attempt to start the project.

Never decompiled a dll before but did find this article http://https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/05b3cf5d-ead3-4274-88f5-6e8cbda8e8d8/decompiling-a-dll-file-to-view-source-code?forum=msbuild

You'll probably want something like Microsoft visual studio to build it in they do a free community version

I've only ever scripted in powershell, SQL, or VB before so can't offer any advice here :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Never decompiled a dll before but did find this article http://https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/05b3cf5d-ead3-4274-88f5-6e8cbda8e8d8/decompiling-a-dll-file-to-view-source-code?forum=msbuild

You'll probably want something like Microsoft visual studio to build it in they do a free community version

I've only ever scripted in powershell, SQL, or VB before so can't offer any advice here :/

C# dlls are easily decompileable even online with C# Decompiler.

• 2 months later...
Jacknet is too complicated, would prefer an actual iCUE handling of the lighting

This is actually pretty doable using Corsair Lightning Hub / RGB Fan Hub. Corsair uses pinouts in form of +5 / DIN / GND for Lightning Hub and +5 / DIN / DOUT / GND for the Fan Hub, which corresponds to relevant inputs/outputs of WSxxx addressable RGBs.

I have 2 GPUs from MSI, they have a 4-pin molex 1,25mm raster connectors, but there are only DIN, +5 and GND pins (afaik GND is doubled, would need to check). With few bits from Farnell or other supplier, it's fairly easy to connect it to Lightning Hub (requires separate channel for every such device, as without DOUT it is not possible to chain those LEDs). The only problem worth mentioning is the order of pins, which is different - one must pay attention, best equipped with multimeter, when making connections.

Also recently managed to connect MSI TRX40 Creator's IO Cover lightning to Fan Hub, as it has also 4 pin Molex, but only 1mm raster, and has also DOUT pin, which enables it to be put in chain with another devices on Fan Hub.

In my opinion, messing with Mystic Light SDK it pointless - been there, done that, it does not work reliably, color palette is heavily limited, requires MSI services installed and running, did not detect my secondary GPU, etc... it was way easier to just unplug those LEDs from boards and craft a cable for Corsair controllers.

Edited by bderleta

• 3 weeks later...
This is actually pretty doable using Corsair Lightning Hub / RGB Fan Hub. Corsair uses pinouts in form of +5 / DIN / GND for Lightning Hub and +5 / DIN / DOUT / GND for the Fan Hub, which corresponds to relevant inputs/outputs of WSxxx addressable RGBs.

I have 2 GPUs from MSI, they have a 4-pin molex 1,25mm raster connectors, but there are only DIN, +5 and GND pins (afaik GND is doubled, would need to check). With few bits from Farnell or other supplier, it's fairly easy to connect it to Lightning Hub (requires separate channel for every such device, as without DOUT it is not possible to chain those LEDs). The only problem worth mentioning is the order of pins, which is different - one must pay attention, best equipped with multimeter, when making connections.

Also recently managed to connect MSI TRX40 Creator's IO Cover lightning to Fan Hub, as it has also 4 pin Molex, but only 1mm raster, and has also DOUT pin, which enables it to be put in chain with another devices on Fan Hub.

In my opinion, messing with Mystic Light SDK it pointless - been there, done that, it does not work reliably, color palette is heavily limited, requires MSI services installed and running, did not detect my secondary GPU, etc... it was way easier to just unplug those LEDs from boards and craft a cable for Corsair controllers.

So I have a MSI 3070 and was thinking the easiest way to sync these is to wire it up, except I am electronically challenged so could do with a few pointer! What parts do I need etc?

• 2 weeks later...

You will have to accurately measure board-side connectors using caliper and find "optically" matching connector to make a linking cable. There is a wide variety of used connectors, most popular are Molex, but there are also other vendors. Or, if you cannot determine a proper one, you can strip some thin solid wires from, for example, spare small resistors, to slide into RGB panel connector, solder thin wires (I recommend ribbon cable) to the other side of wire, and insulate using tape or heat shrink.

To accomodate RGB panel plug from my GPU, I used Molex 53398-0471, but your mileage may vary.

Unfortunately, pinouts on the mobo side differ even among one vendor products, so it's kind of trial and error. For example, MSI RX' pinout was Data/Vcc/Gnd/Gnd, and motherboard Gnd/Vcc/Din/Dout, as far as I recall. If you have the multimeter, and clean access to RGB socket, you can measure the proper pinout this way:

- on PC turned off, perform continuity test between all pins in the socket, and known grounded element, like motherboard mount screws, video output socket outer shell, etc.

- on PC turned on, and RGB enabled in software, carefully perform DC voltage measurement (hi-z, this is important to not make any short circuits) between known grounded element and all pins in the socket. VCC should be ~5V, data will be somewhere in between 0 and 5V, ground should be 0V of course.

The Corsair-side cables are well documented, for example, here with part numbers:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174759

Edited by bderleta

I know this might be too much to ask but would you consider making a video showing your set-up to help not so tech savy people like me understand how to do this?

I'm about to purchase an rgb hub and my deams would come true if I could control the leds on my motherboard and gpu with the hub!