Corsair Community

Bought the LS100 starter kit about a month and a half ago, it's been working pretty great but this week it started flickering whenever I start my computer up, or bring it out of sleep mode. By this I mean some of the individual LEDs will be showing the correct color (I use the Wallpaper Engine integration so the colors do change), while the rest will be randomly flickering between every possible color. This can sometimes continue for several minutes, though it always does seem to sort itself out (for example, just now, when I woke my computer up they were flickering, but as I type this they just started working properly again.) In any case, I'm concerned that this problem may get worse. Is this a software bug causing the lights to work incorrectly? Or have my light strips actually become damaged?

I should also note that this happens regardless of whether or not I'm using Wallpaper Engine. When using the default Rainbow Wave with iCUE, the flickering occurs as well.

It only seems to occur when the system is starting or waking up after being offline/asleep for a long period. If, for example, I put it to sleep after the lights have sorted themselves out, then immediately wake it up, the flickering does not occur.

I've also uploaded an image of what this flickering looks like. Based on the current wallpaper, the lights should all be a whitish color, but as you can see, they are all random colors. I couldn't capture a video, but the colors are constantly changing.

RQlqS0Q.jpg

• 6 months later...
Haven't seen that before, does this only happen during system startup/wake? Is there any other situation where they do the same thing?

Hello, my is doing same thing. Before I was able to use Video ambient and led was white, and changing colour as on screen. Now I have same its just randomly changing colours.

I tried to reinstal ICue and is still same issue. Its expensive piece of kit. I have corsair fans as well and I was just thinking to spend another money on commander. But if this no get fixed is useless and just waste of money.

Does anyone got solution how to fix this problem please ?

• 1 month later...

Hi all. As per the OP's symptoms, my LS100 monitor lighting kit is doing the same.

Random, flickering lights and not matching the monitor background.

It even does it when I switch the entire eco system to a solid colour, say Red, everything goes red accept the LS100. It just does what it wants.

I have followed Corsairs strict software removal for IQUE (to the letter) 3 times and eventually was forced to RMA it.

Corsair sent me a new kit which worked fine for about a week, then the random colour flickering started again. Sometimes, only half the strips lights up. I have now unplugged the kit and started yet another RMA!

• 1 month later...

I am also experiencing frequent flickering. It seems that changing the brightness of the LS100 to something like 1/3rd of the maximum value helps. Whenever I make it brighter it starts flickering after a few seconds.

:idea:Edit: I've found the reason: one of the strips was damaged and this was causing the flickering of the broken one and others connected to it. I've removed the damaged one, and it's working fine now at 100% brightness.

So if you have a similar issue, try rearranging the strips to check if you just need a new LED strip instead of replacing the whole set:!:

--

Edited by Muzzy172

• 2 months later...
I am also experiencing frequent flickering. It seems that changing the brightness of the LS100 to something like 1/3rd of the maximum value helps. Whenever I make it brighter it starts flickering after a few seconds.

:idea:Edit: I've found the reason: one of the strips was damaged and this was causing the flickering of the broken one and others connected to it. I've removed the damaged one, and it's working fine now at 100% brightness.

So if you have a similar issue, try rearranging the strips to check if you just need a new LED strip instead of replacing the whole set:!:

--

Same issue here but re-arranging doesnt seem to help/make a difference.