Corsair Community

RAM could not run at advertised tested Speed

CZHOU

Hey Guys:

I need help regarding my Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) RAM Kit (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16). it's a 3200MHz rated speed Memory Kit.

The Kit failed to POST with XMP Profile enable on my Intel i7-8700K + Asus Z370 Strix Gaming Platform. it ran fine at SPD Speed 2133MHz, but when you set the memory Speed to 3200MHz or enable XMP, it failed to POST. I tested each Stick from the kit set one by one and found that one unit ran well at 3200MHz and the other failed. I could also reproduce the same result on my friend's 8700K Platform.

May i know if corsair warranty cover situation like this ?

Thanks in advanced.

this particular kit seems to have issues if you're trying to run it at advertised speeds with xmp. i had the same issue with my kit (same exact kit.) i have a different motherboard (msi z370 gaming plus) but iirc this is a fairly common thing between many boards/manufacturers. you're gonna have to manually input the timings. i doublechecked and they are 16-18-18-36 and set your dram voltage to 1.35 and it should post. the only other thing i could think that could possibly help is doing some research on which bios version you and if there are more current updates for your board. dont update bios if u dont need to though and if you do, just make sure you do it within the bios. alot of boards nowadays have software u can use to update while in windows which makes me scratch my head a bit (dont do it in windows). but ya if those two options dont work then you might have a faulty stick. if i had to put money on it i'd say you just need to manually put in the timings though. good luck Edited by arcadezyra