Corsair Community

h100i fan wattage safe draw

isme

Yes, be careful with the original H80i/100i current draws through the pump fan controller. It was a little sensitive and pushing the amperage limit usually had consequences.

thanks for your reply right now i only have 2 of the vardar on the cooler the other 2 are on my aio cooler for my 980ti and are connected to my mobo not the h100i so iam hoping 1.44watts per fan is ok as i have not notice a problem yet but i just cannot find any info to confirm that its ok to use them on the h100i

If you have two on the block controller and two on the motherboard, you are just fine. F3-120? If my math skills are still intact after lunch, that's 0.12A per fan. That well under the included fans' draw of 0.36A per fan. You're good.

thats good news and the fans are the new Vardar i have the F3-120(120mm)1850rpm high static pressure and are very quiet and 2 of them are cooler than the 4 stock fans i had in push pull.again thank you for your good news

I just gave them

2w on each header OR a total of 4w total...

so if each fan is 1.44watts at .12 amps can i keep them on the same fan splitter or do i need to connect the second splitter and run each fan that way?

so if each fan is 1.44watts at .12 amps can i keep them on the same fan splitter or do i need to connect the second splitter and run each fan that way?

isme,I revised my earlier post,I put watts and it should have been amperage,sorry for any misleading but as c-attack stated ,your good to go

c-attack,please correct me in the future if I mis-post again

In my defence Im trying to do a zillion things so I wont hear my grand daughter's mindcraft...:eek:

4 fans on 1 splitter? The draw should be OK, but I think I would prefer separate control of the two coolers. Are you short headers? Or are you trying to get them all controlled through LINK?
my bad i am only using 2 fans on the h100i the other 2 are on my 980ti aio cooler and connected to my mobo using asrock fan control i was hoping to connect them to the h100i so i could control all fans using corsair link.i believe i can as they are only.12amps plus 1.44watts a fan so 4 vardar are .48amps and 2 corsair are .72amps Is that correct?

c-attack,please correct me in the future if I mis-post again

In my defence Im trying to do a zillion things so I wont hear my grand daughter's mindcraft...:eek:

No promises. The warranty on my math skills expires in unison with my morning caffeine. Any response made during prime time hours should probably discounted entirely due to the accompanying intelligence drop associated with viewing television at that hour.

my bad i am only using 2 fans on the h100i the other 2 are on my 980ti aio cooler and connected to my mobo using asrock fan control i was hoping to connect them to the h100i so i could control all fans using corsair link.i believe i can as they are only.12amps plus 1.44watts a fan so 4 vardar are .48amps and 2 corsair are .72amps Is that correct?

Electrically, I think you're fine. How the control will serve you may take some tweaking. Since the H100i runs it fans off the it's water temperature alone, you won't necessarily get the fan speed you want on the GPU in a low-moderate CPU/High GPU load scenario --- like most games. Best bet might be running a fixed fan speed that you can tolerate while under load. You can save it as a preset and then one-click load it up before heavier activity.

Archived