Corsair Community

CUE and Steam incompatibility & controller freezing issue FIX.

I started a thread with the issue of my ironclaw RGB just randomly stops working. There is no USB unplug sound or something, i just cannot move the cursor anymore until i'm pulling the mouse USB out and back in.

Could it be the same issue you guys are having?

I'm another user of the K55 and have problems with Steam and Assetto Corsa and also the Windows controller screen freezing.

I pulled my hair out for months with this problem and it ended up its been the K55 causing my problems all along.

The amount of money I've spent on corsair products for it to turn out its the keyboard is annoying me no end, I have...

Corsair 275R case

Corsair H100i Pro RGB cooler

Corsair blue SP fans x 8

Corsair vengeance RGB 3200mhz ram (32gb)

Corsair cx850m PSU

Corsair K55 Keyboard

Corsair Harpoon mouse

Corsair Void RGB Headset

Corsair mm800 Polaris mousemat

Please Corsair fix this problem!

Edited by DavieWeegie

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all, i am new here, i decided to join up to fill you all in on the same crashes that others have been discussing. Yesterday i installed the H150I PRO and afetr many tries of the ICUE and Corsair link software, i still experienced crashes in steam, my mic for my RIG 800 wireless headset would stop working and my PC would lock up causing me to do a hard restart. I eventually uninstalled all software ( only tried one at a time ) and disconnected the USB cable from the pump and have had no issues since but now, i am stuck with my pump cycling through the diferent colors and it looks pretty ugly with the colors i have chosen with for my rig. I did submit a ticket to Corsair about this so we will see....also, i am using a Razer keyboard and mouse.

I'm having the same issues as everyone else. The only Corsair products I have are the Void Pro RGB Headset and a Corsair Scimitar Pro. My Keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow RGB. I found that I can avoid USB crashes if I completely shut down and disable iCUE software and services, but my headset stops working completely, and the side buttons on my scimitar no longer work. I'm to the point where I'm about to sell all my Corsair gear so I don't have to deal with these USB crashes anymore. This problem has caused many deaths in singleplayer games, and in two cases I've lost homework assignments to this bug. During the disconnect, the last key that was pressed on the keyboard repeats over and over until the USB hubs all boot back up. This has caused me to re-route all Corsair gear to the front USB ports so I can quickly plug and unplug them.

This problem is widespread. I just think there aren't many people reporting it, or they think it's their motherboard or some other hardware issue. I loathe contacting tech support about this issue because two or three days will be wasted on stuff i've already tried.

Corsair, please fix this issue or offer a light version of iCue that provides minimal features. Moving forward, start including microcontrollers inside your mice/keyboard/headsets that process and store RGB effects. Built it around the idea that the user will rarely change RGB effects on the fly. Maybe build up a library of effects and store them on the device, instead of relying on software hacks. /rant

Kinda frustrating that this issue still persists almost a year later. Is it safe to assume Corsair won't be fixing this?

This issue has almost 2 years old now. At this point it's completely safe to assume Corsair won't do anything to fix this.

If your keyboard is still under warranty, just RMA it and never buy a Corsair product again. I have RMA'd mine because I'm sick of this issue and of seeing Corsair ignoring us. Probably I will buy a Logitech, or maybe a Razer.

• 3 months later...

This issue is really pissing me off. This is a GREAT tip to delete the corsair virtual device under HID in Device Manager, but it keeps reappearing no matter what I do, it reappears upon restart but even putting my computer just to sleep it will reinstall upon waking, it also appears again without any apparent action on my end ie no HID changes like turning on a controller etc. I have disabled iCUE from the startup menu, I have go into icue and unclicked "start with windows" but it keeps installing itself back and I cannot figure out how to keep it permanently deleted. Deleting it lets me keep my lighting presets and I can still adjust the mouse DPI and the 'sniper' feature on the k65 still works and CorsairLink4 continues to cool my cpu. I have 5 f'ing corsair products and this is royaling screwing up my ability to play the many games I have on steam that just don't cut it using kb/m. If anyone has had any luck keeping it from reinstalling itself please let me know. When I can use my controller I am just using an xbox one elite controller with the wireless adapter since that model doesn't have bluetooth. Thank you in advance for any help!!

I have a CORSAIR STRAFE RGB KB, Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse, MM800 Polaris RGB Mouse Pad, ST100 RGB Headphone Stand, and a H110i Cpu Cooler.

Edited by WarpathDC
Adding detail about Virtual Service reinstalling

• 1 month later...

I have a potential solution (at least, for wired controllers and keyboards and without using CUE software). I just discovered this solution, however, so it's only preliminary. I will keep this post updated.

So I just got a wired K63 keyboard, and noticed that my DS4 controller stopped working. I didn't install any of the CUE software or anything like that, because I primarily wanted my keyboard just for the feel of the keyboard switches (and everything worked fine out of the box).

I went to devices and printers from the Windows control panel, and saw that a "Wireless Controller" was listed, although it had a yellow (!) icon indicating something was wrong with it.

I right-clicked the "Wireless Controller" and went into the properties, and then into the "Hardware" tab. One of the drivers was disabled. I re-enabled it and my DS4 (wired) began working again.

In order to re-enable your disabled gamepad drivers (the statuses are listed in the Device Function Summary):

1. Right-click the driver and click on "Change Settings" on the bottom-left corner of the first window that opens.

2. Go to the "Driver Tab."

3. Click the option that says "Enable Device."

Now, even though I didn't disable or uninstall any of the corsair drivers, my controller works.

EDIT: Even after turning my computer and starting it back up, my gamepad still works.

EDIT2: Seems the driver can still occasionally become disabled after restarting my computer, but it's still very easy for me to just re-enable the driver.

Edited by cryaning