Corsair Community

Is the Vengence RGB compatible with the Pro?

Mr340

Hi, I currently own the VENGEANCE® RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18 I am interested in purchasing another pair to make my pc 32GB. I try to look for the same model but only the PRO of these rams would come up. My question if I purchase another pair of 16gb Vengence Pro version would it be compatible with the older version?

My current ram model CMR16GX4M2C3600C18

The one i am interested in buying CMW16GX4M2C3600C18W to make my pc 32 Gb

Hi Mr340,

I tried the exact same thing you're looking at. While RAM speed/timings would behave when set manually, RGB did not play nice with each other. In the end, I sold my 16GB non-Pro kit, and bought a 32GB (2x16GB) kit of Pro's.

It was a fun experiment, but definitely doesn't work together to their full ability on their own. RGB was very broken, but that's the nature of trying to mix 2 different kits in this way.

• Like 1

Hi Mr340,

I tried the exact same thing you're looking at. While RAM speed/timings would behave when set manually, RGB did not play nice with each other. In the end, I sold my 16GB non-Pro kit, and bought a 32GB (2x16GB) kit of Pro's.

It was a fun experiment, but definitely doesn't work together to their full ability on their own. RGB was very broken, but that's the nature of trying to mix 2 different kits in this way.

Thank you guys you save me a lot of trouble trying to order the pro. Now the big question where can i find the non-pro? It seems not to be available anywhere now. Any suggestions? I will appreciate it very much thanks.

Thank you guys you save me a lot of trouble trying to order the pro. Now the big question where can i find the non-pro? It seems not to be available anywhere now. Any suggestions? I will appreciate it very much thanks.

You might be out of luck there. To my understanding, the Pro is now the current model. Non-pro was phased out. If I'm wrong someone please let me know though :)

You might be out of luck there. To my understanding, the Pro is now the current model. Non-pro was phased out. If I'm wrong someone please let me know though :)

Oh, I hope you are wrong lol. I saw the last one on Amazon just a few days ago never thought the non-pro would be permanently out of stock. Even the store I bought it of amazon has a message stating they don't know when this item will be back in stock. This is the first time I'm upgrading to 32GB. Someone suggested getting the same exact ram I have installed.

Oh, I hope you are wrong lol. I saw the last one on Amazon just a few days ago never thought the non-pro would be permanently out of stock. Even the store I bought it of amazon has a message stating they don't know when this item will be back in stock. This is the first time I'm upgrading to 32GB. Someone suggested getting the same exact ram I have installed.

Honestly mate, you are much better off just selling the kit you have, and buying a 32GB kit :)

Honestly mate, you are much better off just selling the kit you have, and buying a 32GB kit :)

I am currently looking at this one right now CMW32GX4M4C3600C18W. Upon checking the memory list for my Asus Maximus X Hero (WIF AC) i notice they don't have this model listed. But someone told me Asus doesn't update its compatibility list often so that doesn't mean it won't work if it's not there. Do you know if this model CMW32GX4M4C3600C18W will work on my board ?

I am currently looking at this one right now CMW32GX4M4C3600C18W. Upon checking the memory list for my Asus Maximus X Hero (WIF AC) i notice they don't have this model listed. But someone told me Asus doesn't update its compatibility list often so that doesn't mean it won't work if it's not there. Do you know if this model CMW32GX4M4C3600C18W will work on my board ?

It's likely they will work. Imagine the nightmare motherboard manufacturers would go through if they had to test the thousands of different RAM kits on the market one after the other, and for each motherboard.

Personally, for Intel systems at least, I've ignored the QVL for RAM.

It's likely they will work. Imagine the nightmare motherboard manufacturers would go through if they had to test the thousands of different RAM kits on the market one after the other, and for each motherboard.

Personally, for Intel systems at least, I've ignored the QVL for RAM.

It's my first time reading the QVL as i never found the need to upgrade ram. But i haven't upgraded ram to 32gb. There is a New Flight Simulator to be released by Microsoft this month. Microsoft Ideal specs require for this sim is 32gb , recommended is 16GB. But knowing how ram hungry this sim will be i want to go for the ideal spec which is 32GB of ram. I have built several pc in the past but when it comes to ram is where i sometimes get a bit puzzle. For example some motherboard wants the ram in a typical order when it comes to using 4 sticks for 32gb of rams. That is why i went and had a look at the QVL.

It's my first time reading the QVL as i never found the need to upgrade ram. But i haven't upgraded ram to 32gb. There is a New Flight Simulator to be released by Microsoft this month. Microsoft Ideal specs require for this sim is 32gb , recommended is 16GB. But knowing how ram hungry this sim will be i want to go for the ideal spec which is 32GB of ram. I have built several pc in the past but when it comes to ram is where i sometimes get a bit puzzle. For example some motherboard wants the ram in a typical order when it comes to using 4 sticks for 32gb of rams. That is why i went and had a look at the QVL.

Understandable. And I know all about MFS2020, 16GB does the job, but on my rig (i7 8700K @ 4.7Ghz, GTX1070, 32GB RAM), MSF2020 and background tasks easily chewed around 17GB or so. I'm installing it on my laptop at the moment (i7 8750h, GTX1070, 16GB RAM) and don't expect it to be a problem even with only 16GB RAM.

It runs beautifully though. Such a gorgeous sim.

Understandable. And I know all about MFS2020, 16GB does the job, but on my rig (i7 8700K @ 4.7Ghz, GTX1070, 32GB RAM), MSF2020 and background tasks easily chewed around 17GB or so. I'm installing it on my laptop at the moment (i7 8750h, GTX1070, 16GB RAM) and don't expect it to be a problem even with only 16GB RAM.

It runs beautifully though. Such a gorgeous sim.

So you're part of the Beta Team then if you already try it out? We have similar specs the only difference with our vital spec is I am running on 1080 Ti. I only have 16gb of ram at the moment

You'll be fine

May I ask what apps were you running beside the sim that consumes 17gb of ram? The reason I ask is that I also run apps in the background while I'm on the sim. That's my concern with MFS2020 and other apps running in the background going over 16gb.

May I ask what apps were you running beside the sim that consumes 17gb of ram? The reason I ask is that I also run apps in the background while I'm on the sim. That's my concern with MFS2020 and other apps running in the background going over 16gb.

Just the usual. Chrome, Discord, etc. I've heard from others that 16GB is fine, 32GB if you must. You're likely to be more limited by internet speed and SSD storage capacity.

Just the usual. Chrome, Discord, etc. I've heard from others that 16GB is fine, 32GB if you must. You're likely to be more limited by internet speed and SSD storage capacity.

Thank you, sadly enough where I live the max speed the internet can go up is 100 Mbps, I am currently on the 50 Mbps plan. I'm currently paying 100USD a month. I know its expensive compare to other countries in the world. I'll wait until the sim gets release and see if I need to upgrade to the highest speed plan here. I will consider upgrading to 32GB hopefully this month after the sim gets release. I got an email from Corsair and hopefully, the same ram I have will be back in stock soon. I hope my 50Mbps will be good enough.