Corsair Community

default rainbow profile for the K95 Plat

Handcap

Hey guys. looking for the default rainbow profile for the K95 Plat please im my infinite wisdom [stupidly] I deleted mine, long story - so I would really appreciate it; Edited by Hand!cap

The default profile? In the hardware profile when you first plugged in the keyboard? You have three and they are generally pre-assigned to Rainbow Wave, Rain, and Color Shift for the three. All of those are presets in the Lighting Effects list.

yes sir I understand what you are saying, but I think you over looked my "infinite wisdom" comment, I have deleted them so if I can in some way to re-enable them if they are still in the hardware on the keyboard? or they are no longer present, hence asking if anyone has a profile of that exact profile, it looked awesome.

Untitled.png

Edited by Hand!cap

You have an Platinum XT, not a "Platinum" so that's 5 slots. I don't remember all 5 default lighting patterns but they will certainly be from the presets.

I assume you are referring to deleting the actual HW Profiles, each of which is named "K95 XT HW1-5". These exist as standalone profiles in the main profile list. What you are showing above is the secondary way they recently added to save lighting/actions to the keyboard. You can now do this from any software profile, however the record of what you have done will only be visible in the original software profile used to create/save the lighting. Every single software profile will have that K95 HW1-5, but only the one that created it will show you what they are. For that reason, I generally suggest most people stick with using the designated HW1-5 profiles for management, unless you only use 1-2 software profiles.

Usually if you delete the HW profiles, iCUE will try to re-populate them the next time you boot up. You can unplug and replug the KB to try and force the issue now. It should auto create and then give you some message about the profiles not matching, do you want to overwrite them from the KB memory. That would solve the missing HW profile issue and bring the lighting back.

Or you can simply plug in the various presets to the Hardware Lighting tab above, see what you like, then save it to the slots using the onboard profiles tab.

Yeah none of what you said worked, and yes I fully deleted the profile called "Default" aka Rainbow effect which was one of a list of 5 profiles of which the others said K95 XT HW1-5, which were blank so you could make your own profiles?

I do not have the skill or will power to recreate a profile like that, so back to the original request:

Does anyone have the "default rainbow profile" thats preset on the K95 Plat XT.

Thanks

I do not have the skill or will power to recreate a profile like that, so back to the original request:

Press the little + symbol in the profiles bar. A new software profile is created.

Select the keyboard and then the lighting effects tab.

Press the + in the lighting effects bar.

There is nothing special about the "Default" software profile. It is an automatically generated place holder. Whichever software profile is at the top of the list will be the default profile when iCUE loads.