Corsair Community

Various Issues with RGB : CMW32GX4M4D3600C18

Thomas5020

So I've got a 32GB (8x4) kit of Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, and sicen I bought it a month ago I'v enoticed various issues cropping up.

Today, the RGB is freezing. I'm using the sequential lighting and it just stops for a few seconds, then jumps to where it should be.

Last week, the sequential lighting went mad and was running separately on each stick with different timings and different colours. iCUE showed a red exclamation mark and wouldn't allow me to control it at all.

The week before, the very bottom LED on the first strip was the totally wrong colour.

My LL120's, K95P, M65 and RGB strips work perfectly fine so I don't think the issue is with iCUE

All the issues generally go away after a restart, but I'm sure you'll agree this isn't normal behaviour. What should I do about it?

Edited by Thomas5020

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a similar issue. 32GB (8x4) of the Vengeance RGB Pro RAM. I'm running the Asus STRIX Z-390. My LED's would lock up within 10 seconds of logon, and iCUE would show a red exclamation mark. Essentially the RAM lighting would go unresponsive.

I tried various settings in the BIOS, and enabled full software control in iCUE. Nothing seemed to work.

Finally, I found that ASUS has a setting that installs the "ASUS Armoury Crate" services, that allow for certain controls on this motherboard, including RAM lighting. I went ahead and disabled, 'Armoury Crate" installation in the BIOS, and removed the services from Windows. Since I use Corsair for fan and lighting control, I was ok with Armoury Crate being removed. Since removing these services, the RAM lighting has functioned flawlessly.

I'd check and see if you have any other background services that control lighting. There may be a software conflict somewhere.

I've been having a similar issue recently with my MSI board. Removed Mystic Light and I get it time to time.

I restart ICue and it goes away. seems to have an issue writing to it sometimes.

I'm using an older ICue as well the latest kept tanking like crazy.

I also had a similar issue with the RGB lighting. When booting up my PC, one of my RAM sticks wouldn't light up but all the other three worked perfectly. The problem was that MSI's Dragon Center was also controlling my RAM RGB lighting with Mystic Light. I didn't delete it though but deactivated the function for overriding third party RGB software which was active for some reason and probably created a conflict with iCUE. Looks like it fixed the problem in my case.