Corsair Community

CorsairService leading to BSOD

JourneyOver

As the title is noted, the Corsair Service seems to be leading to BSODs at least once a day, it seems to be related to the CPU-Z .sys module that you guys are using. I would suggest you upgrade to cpuz147_x64.sys module instead of using 146 which is pretty outdated (and causing consistant BSODs).

Sys Info

CPU: AMD FX 6350

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760

RAM: 8GIG

BSOD Dump files --

https://mega.nz/#!FAdxgLzB!53TIsYd_Iqvw2KwepCVydmjhyiNBqLeVk-KYAv2Jhew

https://mega.nz/#!tRUXFbLZ!mMH5xt2X7A5FW4armAGiBqroxduuRJOroNbKe2jsnYw

Seriously almost 4 days later and still not a single reponse from a dev... This is very sad if this is how things are going to be moving forward, still having a BSOD at least once a day.. Getting to the point that I am never going to recommend anyone to ever buy corsair products again.

I can confirm this. I just updated my CUE to v3.3.103 and started BSODing. I had to revert to a system restore point.

Really hope this worked as I am considering doing this, Really hoping they fix this in the next version but who the hell knows..

I managed to stop the BSODs by restoring Windows 10 to a point before I updated iCUE to v3.3. I then completely uninstalled iCUE and installed v3.1.131. I'll be waiting a while before I update again I think. I hope this helps you guys until this is fixed in a new version.

I managed to stop the BSODs by restoring Windows 10 to a point before I updated iCUE to v3.3. I then completely uninstalled iCUE and installed v3.1.131. I'll be waiting a while before I update again I think. I hope this helps you guys until this is fixed in a new version.

3.4.95 was released today. If you want to give that a try.

I actually had to downgrade all the way back to 2.24.35, way before iCue was even a thing to stop the BSOD's myself since it seemed like every single version with iCue always used/downloaded CPUZ 146.

3.4.95 was released today. If you want to give that a try.

Will give it a try, hope it comes with 147 instead of 146...

Heh look at that, updated and they are still using cpuz146 do they just like to cause people to have daily BSOD's are something???

While I understand your frustration, it's apparently not that common. It may also be one of those things that's related to a very specific set of hardware conditions that you are unlucky enough to have.

However, what you can do is rename the cpuidsdk.dll to cpuidsdk.bak. You will lose any monitoring of these values and any fan curves that may be based on these values will need to be reset, so it's not an ideal fix. But iCue will still operate properly. I'm not sure what Corsair devices you have that you need iCue for ... they aren't in your profile ... so I don't know how big of an issue this would be.

While I understand your frustration, it's apparently not that common. It may also be one of those things that's related to a very specific set of hardware conditions that you are unlucky enough to have.

However, what you can do is rename the cpuidsdk.dll to cpuidsdk.bak. You will lose any monitoring of these values and any fan curves that may be based on these values will need to be reset, so it's not an ideal fix. But iCue will still operate properly. I'm not sure what Corsair devices you have that you need iCue for ... they aren't in your profile ... so I don't know how big of an issue this would be.

Honestly could care less about monitoring values and such (if I want to monitor values of anything I can use one of the other tons of hardware monitoring software that is out there), I only need iCue for my mouse since it's not the pro version so no onboard memory to hold profiles so I literally need to be running cue/icue for my mouse to work to it's fullest.. So I will try this and see if it helps.

No BSOD's here, your attitude stinks though OP, you won't receive help with an attitude.

Try having a blue screen of death literally every single day for 2+ weeks ontop of some of those days losing game saves due to the blue screen of death corrupting saves since it sometimes would happen while I was playing a game and was in middle of save or something or tons of other various scenarios, it get's annoyingly frustating very quickly.

so, so far this seems to have at least done the trick to allow me to update and run icue at the latest version instead of running the extremely out of date cue 2.24.35 without having any blue screens, though I did have to change the "cpuidsdk64.dll" one as well it seemed, not completely ideal as I'll probably have to change these every update to iCue until they finally fix this issue but it'll at least do for now.

Glad that it's working for you. If you can do use a favor and let us know if/when it's fixed, I'd certainly appreciate it. I'm really curious what the exact hardware combination is that is causing you these issues ... like I said before, it doesn't seem widespread so it seems like it's something particular in your hardware setup. From a forum community perspective, it'd be good to know what that is in case others run into it as well.

Archived