Corsair Community

Corsair TWINX1024RE-3200LL stabilety problems whit Opteron/Athlon 64 FX?

pa1983

Hello! I have a problem and more people seem to have the same problem. I have a new dual opteron computer whit 2x512Mb Corsair TWINX1024RE-3200LL ECC/REG modules. First sign of problem I hade was chip-kill ECC gave me a very unstable system and it hardly booted and run apps that dident work to well. chip-kill ECC works whit this motherbord whit other modules, that I have found out and I am not the only one that have corsair and cant run it whit this mobo so there must be a problem. Then I surft in on amd and msi's home page becus I have a MSI Master2-FAR moterbord. many people seem to have the same problem regardles of moterbord or chip. Evrything from no boots to BSOD when installing windows and Like me, chip-kill ECC dont work and minor instabilety. I get errors in memtest about every houer and thats not to good I must say. i ahve USB disable. Read that i could cuse false errors. And a test in amd's forum whit a copple of pairs of TWINX1024RE-3200LL ECC/REG matche pair of modules showd that 50% of them dident pass test like Microsoft Memory Crash Test on a Athlon 64 FX system and in bothe amd and the msi forum and support I have been recomended to replace my corsair memorys for som AMD or MSI tested an aproved once. It's very odd that evrybody seem to have problems whit corsair and I have also receved info that corsairs first ECC/REG modules that this is have some problems and that coms frome corsair them self acording to my source. I am trying to RAM my modules now and get some aproved and see if my stabilety problems will be solved. Is any of this true becuse wherver I turn I get the same info. Corsairs ECC/REG modules is not good for Athlon 64 FX/Opteron systems and all info I found it seems corect. Would realy like my 412$ back for this memorys. I live in sweden so very expensive here. If you think my memorys are bad I would like to know becus I still can return them and get my money back and that is what I want. Evrything runs at SPD in bios and whit version 1.0 I tryd 333Mhz but still no chip-kill ECC and in 1.1 I can only alter cas but only to a lower value so no good trying that or any timings but thay are suppos to work at auto if not then its not living up to spec. higer vmem dusent help and 2.65 is maximum for may MB. Best regards Patrik Alowersson

Archived