Corsair Community

abit IC7-g with TWINX1024-3200C2

Bob045

[COLOR=royalblue] Hi, I will get to the point and I apologize if this is the wrong place for it, or if it has been answered already. As the subject line indicates I have an Abit ic7-g (i875P) motherboard with Twinx1024-3200C2 of corsair memory. The question is twofold.... Certain memory timings are different in syntax. For example: Cas 2-3-2-6 or cas 2T-3T-2T-6T. Any difference between these? I really have not seen that syntax before! The other part is with the above setup is cas 2-3-2-6 (provided that the difference in syntax is no difference ) with memory voltage set to 2.7 an optimal configuration? Thanks in advance, Bob045 [/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Thank you Ram guy, So there is no difference, it is just a more precise syntax. t being for the time. Regarding the numbers with which you replied to me Cas=2 tRP=2 ( Row precharge) tRCD=3 ( Ras to Cas delay) tRas=6 (otherwise known as Active to PRechage Delay Thanks again for the quick response, ( on the holidays yet!) Happy New Year to all! Bob045 [/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Thanks again Ram Guy! It is appreciated. Since this system will be used in a non gaming mode, does corsair sell any ECC memory that can be used in an Intel system ?The only ECC memory I noticed was the Twinx 1024RE-3200llpt, which is for use in Athlon systems. I actually HAD that Memory and returned it when the abit board would not post. Thanks again for your patience! [/COLOR]

Archived