Corsair Community

H110i GT + Ryzen = System crash

JanB

Hello there,

so I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 1700X with an Asus Strix X370-f Gaming motherboard.

I experience random system crashes whenever I connect the usb cable from the corsair cooler to my motherboard.

I tried for a week without this connection and I did not have any system crashes/blackscreens.

I tried connecting it again today and the system crashed/had a black screen within 3 minutes. I couldn't even restart the pc with the power button.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Link software or with the cooler itself, however without this software, the connection wouldn't be necessary.

Is this a known problem / does anyone know how to fix this?

Yes, it is the right connector.

It is the only internal USB2 header on this motherboard and it is working fine if connected with my front panel. I even did a fresh install of Windows after experiencing this, as I thought something must have gone wrong. Unfortunately these crashes still happen.

If you are getting random black screens and no input to other devices, then we have the same problem. Most of the time I have to cut power on the psu to turn it off. Try uninstalling link to see if that helps. That at least helped for me. So for now I am running my PC without link.

• 6 months later...
I don't know that this is even an issue any longer. Are you having an issue? If so, it's probably better to start a new thread and describe what you are experiencing rather than resurrecting a thread that was last accessed over 6 months ago. We've had quite a few releases since then and I've not heard of issues like this for quite some time.

Archived