The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2018, 09:34 AM

POST ID # = 937480
Kicke02 Reputation: 10
Default CUE keeps crashing on startup

The title basically explains it all. I just updated (Friday, Jan 26, 2018) my CUE and now it keeps crashing on startup. It just goes straight to black screen.
PC is running win 10

Old 01-26-2018, 12:11 PM

POST ID # = 937502
GabrielCB Reputation: 10

Exact same problem here, the lighting is by default red, the volume works control works. The main issue is the aesthetically pleasing colors (lets be real thats why we got the damn keyboard) are inaccessible once you try to update the CUE through the client...

I've tried un/reinstalling, restarting, deleting all the cashes, googling "corsair utility engine not responding windows 10" and nothing fits the bill to this problem.

Feels good knowing I'm not alone here.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:19 PM
SonsOfLiberty86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937506
SonsOfLiberty86 Reputation: 10

I'm sorry you guys are having this issue, I too am on Windows 10 with the recent update but I am not experiencing this issue. Is it possible it is not related to the Windows 10 update and something else could be causing it? I'm only speculating though... a Corsair team member would probably have to investigate this further.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:25 PM

POST ID # = 937507
WhiteRat-08 Reputation: 10

Exact same here, recently updated windows 10 to the latest Creators Edition, then updated CUE, and I cannot launch it now

Old 01-27-2018, 02:46 PM
skylazers's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937658
skylazers Reputation: 10

Just updated today and I am having this problem as well :(

Old 01-27-2018, 08:32 PM

POST ID # = 937696
GabrielCB Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty86 View Post
I'm sorry you guys are having this issue, I too am on Windows 10 with the recent update but I am not experiencing this issue. Is it possible it is not related to the Windows 10 update and something else could be causing it? I'm only speculating though... a Corsair team member would probably have to investigate this further.
It's not related to windows 10 update, its realted to the CUE update... don't update it

Old 01-28-2018, 08:52 AM

POST ID # = 937760
haszek Reputation: 10

I just bought new K63 wireless and this whole CUE is crashing at startup, what a fail... Wanted to buy latest dark core mouse but this software is pushing me away and making me think twice.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:55 AM

POST ID # = 938083
bdw9714 Reputation: 10
Default Same Problem

Directly after the latest Windows 10 update (KB4056892, KB4056887, KB4041994 along with Feature Update V1709), I had the same problem. My devices were not lighting up *at all* and my Corsair CUE application crashed every time I tried to start it. Uninstalling and re-installing fixed the issue. My guess is the windows update modified a file somewhere that Corsair CUE used, and re-installing allowed Corsair CUE application to correct the issue.

Hope this helps someone.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:50 PM
Stephman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938184
Stephman Reputation: 10
Default Same here

This is happening to me as well.

I allowed CUE to go forward with the latest update, it started the install of the update, looked like it finished and was opening up the newest version of CUE when I received the error window seen in the attached screenshot.

Pardon me, but I do not recall the exact date I took the update. But for the past few days I've just lived with no backlights on my Gaming K95 RGB. The volumn, media, caps-lock, etc. buttons are working. Just no working CUE app.

My next step was to uninstall CUE. During uninstall I told it to KEEP my user profile.
I then got the latest version from Corsair's website, 'CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.22.83_release.msi', and installed it. After install when it started to open CUE, I received the same error message as seen in the attached screenshot.

Currently on Windows 10 64bit. Version 1709. OS Build 16299.192

Any assistance from Corsair or forum members would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: png CUE has stopped responding.PNG (36.7 KB, 831 views)

Old 01-30-2018, 08:58 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938195
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

For those having issues:
Completely uninstall CUE and install the latest version from our website.
If you've done that already, completely uninstall CUE and install the previous version of CUE and see if the issue reappears.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:37 AM

POST ID # = 938267
Hoppy! Reputation: 10

I ran into this as well, something got corrupted in the CUE profile after I unchecked the option for it to start with Windows. Here's how I fixed it:

1. Open up File Explorer and go to %APPDATA%
2. Locate the Corsair folder and rename it to Corsair.BAD
3. Start CUE and it should create a new one and work now (well, it did for me. Your mileage may vary)

Old 01-31-2018, 08:33 AM
Stephman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
For those having issues:
Completely uninstall CUE and install the latest version from our website.
If you've done that already, completely uninstall CUE and install the previous version of CUE and see if the issue reappears.
Thank you for the response. Uninstalling CUE then installing the latest version from Corsair did not work for me.

I apologize I did not get a chance to go back and try the older version of CUE as Hoppy!'s suggestion below this post resolved the issue for me.

Last edited by Stephman; 01-31-2018 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling error

Old 01-31-2018, 08:35 AM
Stephman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy! View Post
I ran into this as well, something got corrupted in the CUE profile after I unchecked the option for it to start with Windows. Here's how I fixed it:

3. Start CUE and it should create a new one and work now (well, it did for me. Your mileage may vary)
Thank you for the response Hoppy!.
Your suggestion DID work! I am now able to access CUE software and my keys are LIT again!

It's funny you mentioned this fix. I had to perform the SAME steps on the Filezilla folder in appdata after a bad update from them and that fixed that issue as well.

Again, thank you for this successful suggestion!

Old 01-31-2018, 01:48 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938321
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy! View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephman View Post
Thank you for the response. Uninstalling CUE then installing the latest version from Corsair did not work for me.

I apologize I did not get a chance to go back and try the older version of CUE as Hoppy!'s suggestion below this post resolved the issue for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephman View Post
Thank you for the response Hoppy!.
Your suggestion DID work! I am now able to access CUE software and my keys are LIT again!

It's funny you mentioned this fix. I had to perform the SAME steps on the Filezilla folder in appdata after a bad update from them and that fixed that issue as well.

Again, thank you for this successful suggestion!
Good catch Hoppy! I'll investigate to see if there's a particular reason why those steps work, but I'm glad they worked nonetheless. :)

Old 01-31-2018, 07:45 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 938400
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Users who are experiencing crashes:

1.) Send files and folders from %appdata%\Local\Corsair\CUE to me (via PM).
2.) Collect crash dump and send this to me as well. To collect this, when CUE crashes, do not close the window or software yet. Instead go to your task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), right click CUE.exe, and select "Create Dump File."
3.) Send also all data in %appdata%/Roaming/Corsair as well.

I will analyze this. You can also try deleting Corsair folders in %appdata%\Roaming\Corsar as well as %appdata%\Local\Corsair to see if it resolves the problem.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue