The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2016, 09:52 AM

POST ID # = 856368
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
I don't see why you're blaming Corsair for the switches, that would be a QC issue from Cherry since they are the ones producing the switches.
Corsair are sending out keyboards with faulty switches.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:04 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 856374
terabyte Reputation: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffo View Post
Corsair are sending out keyboards with faulty switches.
Still, they can't test (again) every single switch that comes from Cherry. The issue with blue switches was supposed to be resolved, if this is not the case then the problem is still Cherry's production and QC.

Corsair simply mounts the switches on the keyboards, they don't produce them. All other keyboards with these switches too, would have the same issues. Is every keyboard producer using cherry blue switches supposed to be problem then?

Old 06-04-2016, 01:49 PM

POST ID # = 856423
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
Still, they can't test (again) every single switch that comes from Cherry. The issue with blue switches was supposed to be resolved, if this is not the case then the problem is still Cherry's production and QC.

Corsair simply mounts the switches on the keyboards, they don't produce them. All other keyboards with these switches too, would have the same issues. Is every keyboard producer using cherry blue switches supposed to be problem then?
I would have thought that every (RGB) keyboard that comes off the production line is tested before it gets packaged and sent out, especially the ones with blue MX switches, as there is a known issue. It would make economic sense for Corsair to employ a few people to do a test on each keyboard, as it would surely outweigh the cost of an RMA and damage to reputation.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:43 PM

POST ID # = 856435
Nygma Reputation: 10

Quote:
I don't see why you're blaming Corsair for the switches, that would be a QC issue from Cherry since they are the ones producing the switches.
Then why do other keyboards with the same switches seem to be working normal? This issue seems to be only present on corsair's rgb keyboards.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:55 PM

POST ID # = 856442
evilryusam Reputation: 10

Correction on their rgb blue keyboards lol, I haven't heard complaints from the reds or browns so far.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:40 PM

POST ID # = 856448
OhhWhen Reputation: 10

I still can't tell whether these problems are only occurring with some keyboards or if they are happening with all of them..... Does anybody know anyone who go this keyboard and isn't having any problems?!

Old 06-04-2016, 04:42 PM

POST ID # = 856449
Nygma Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilryusam View Post
Correction on their rgb blue keyboards lol, I haven't heard complaints from the reds or browns so far.
Yeah, I have used their red and brown RGB keyboards, and I never had any problems with them like I do with the LUX Cherry MX Blue RGB keyboard.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:50 PM

POST ID # = 856450
evilryusam Reputation: 10

Yea well i can't say that the k70 reds have specific problems, but i don't like the reds so that's just preference lol.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:06 AM

POST ID # = 856509
Skrunch Reputation: 10

Quote:
I don't think it would be fair to put the blame completely on Cherry, I think both parties have some fault here. Early reviews of the POK3R RGB keyboard with MX Blues is doing well so there's definitely something going on at Corsair's end as well. I assume the crystal housing of the RGB switch interferes with how an MX Blue works which makes it the hardest switch for Cherry to manufacturer so that's not doing anyone any favors when it comes to their clicky switches.

The original RGB MX Blues were discontinued because they were faulty on a large scale, they've had over two years to make sure all issues were sorted out and that doesn't seem to be the case, it's as if no one even bothered testing these units before releasing them. The RGB Strafe with Blues by far has had the most mixed reviews of all the switches available on the Strafe so that should of been even more of a motivation to fix the issues before launching the LUX RGB Blues.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:37 PM
EnergyOne on Youtube

POST ID # = 856615
Jaybonaut Reputation: 10

Quote:

Perhaps Corsair isn't willing to pay Cherry's fee for good QC - plus having zero QC or minimal QC while assembling the boards is also Corsair's fault on top of that. ...besides, wasn't it already established that other RGB Blues from other keyboard manufacturer's do not have this issue, and only Corsair does?

Old 06-05-2016, 04:09 PM

POST ID # = 856633
ZensGamez Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybonaut View Post
Perhaps Corsair isn't willing to pay Cherry's fee for good QC - plus having zero QC or minimal QC while assembling the boards is also Corsair's fault on top of that. ...besides, wasn't it already established that other RGB Blues from other keyboard manufacturer's do not have this issue, and only Corsair does?
This may be the only person who got a non - faulty K70 LUX RGB with blues...
(Look at the comments)
Now i have more hope!

Old 06-05-2016, 07:19 PM

POST ID # = 856661
Skrunch Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZensGamez View Post
This may be the only person who got a non - faulty K70 LUX RGB with blues...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Sm1PxJr7k (Look at the comments)
Now i have more hope!
That's certainly promising news that there's maybe some good units out there. Which goes back to my original statement that some of the fault is on Corsair's QA. Still some people are more sensitive to these things than others. Like my keyboard does click, it's just there's some really weak clicks and on some keys but each key does click to a certain degree, just not as crisp as what I'm used to, and having typed on various MX Blues and their Chinese counterparts(Kailh, Razer Green, Greetech) this one has the weakest click and stiffest keys so far, well actually, I'd say in terms of click noise it was tied with the original Razer Green switch, their new switch is a lot better.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:15 PM

POST ID # = 856810
lolitzgarrett Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrunch View Post
That's certainly promising news that there's maybe some good units out there. Which goes back to my original statement that some of the fault is on Corsair's QA. Still some people are more sensitive to these things than others. Like my keyboard does click, it's just there's some really weak clicks and on some keys but each key does click to a certain degree, just not as crisp as what I'm used to, and having typed on various MX Blues and their Chinese counterparts(Kailh, Razer Green, Greetech) this one has the weakest click and stiffest keys so far, well actually, I'd say in terms of click noise it was tied with the original Razer Green switch, their new switch is a lot better.
I'm the guy that made the video. My keyboard is clicky and I don't notice any weak clicks. The only issues I do have is from shift/backspace key, but that seems to have fixed itself the more I've typed on it. I was reading through the other post and hopefully my keyboard doesn't end up having issues.

Edit - The keys are more stiffer than my old blackwidow with blue switches, but the more I type on it the more I get used to it.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:47 PM

POST ID # = 856811
lolitzgarrett Reputation: 10

Here is the video of the my keyboard's key test if you wanted to see how it sounds. It seems on the right side of the keyboard that some of the keys seem more stiff than on the left side and the shift, backspace, and enter keys aren't fully up to par with clicklyness and feel. The more I've typed on it though, the more it has improved in that regard. You can decide for yourself how it sounds, etc. I'm enjoying it and I'm coming from the Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate that had Cherry MX Blues and the Logitech G910 that had Romer G-swithes.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:43 PM
EnergyOne on Youtube

POST ID # = 856834
Jaybonaut Reputation: 10

Alright, here we go. Just opened it, hooked it up, took the tape cover off the logo, attached the wrist rest and installed the software.

Description reads:
Obvious bad 'o' key. It functions, but the Blue RGB switches from Corsair have a history of problems. (have not heard Cherry MX Blue RGB issues with other companies - yes I made sure to say RGB Cherry MX Blues) Recorded video the day I received it. This is my first mechanical keyboard and I thought I would get one of the 'best' ones after saving a few months. Should I return it? Should I just keep it? etc. I do not buy this whole 'break-in' period that it supposedly has, I mean, other companies don't seem to have this issue when it reaches the customer. Boosted the audio a bunch on this.