The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2016, 05:12 PM

POST ID # = 855367
Skrunch Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhWhen View Post
I was at MCM comic con today and was trying a bunch of the keyboards, Fnatic ones to be exact as they had a stall there, and I especially enjoyed the cherry mx blues that were there. The thing is, the keyboard I used today sounds great but the bigger keys that you used in the video sounded less " bluey ", where as at MCM they were great.. Shall I still go ahead with this keyboard and risk the stiffness or...?
Also, regarding the space bar, is there any way you can take out the stabilizers they have in use now and put in a better pair that Corsair use with the rest of their keyboards?
You can always return it if you're not happy with it. For those who have typed on normal MX Blues before will immediately notice a difference but I can say that some of the keys have loosened up a bit.

As for the spacebar, one of my stabilizers is extremely loose and I sent a video of it to Corsair support a week ago but they haven't gotten back to me. Corsair uses standard Cherry stabilizers on all their keyboards which have a reputation for being hit or miss depending on the implementation which is why I much rather prefer Costar stabilizers(they have a metal wire going across the key to improve stability) as they generally feel and sound much better. There's people who do mod Cherry stabilizers and supposedly they feel great after but you'll void your warranty doing so.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:56 PM

POST ID # = 855374
ZensGamez Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrunch View Post
You can always return it if you're not happy with it. For those who have typed on normal MX Blues before will immediately notice a difference but I can say that some of the keys have loosened up a bit.

As for the spacebar, one of my stabilizers is extremely loose and I sent a video of it to Corsair support a week ago but they haven't gotten back to me. Corsair uses standard Cherry stabilizers on all their keyboards which have a reputation for being hit or miss depending on the implementation which is why I much rather prefer Costar stabilizers(they have a metal wire going across the key to improve stability) as they generally feel and sound much better. There's people who do mod Cherry stabilizers and supposedly they feel great after but you'll void your warranty doing so.
Tape it down! (I know it sounds weird, but i've tried it with my backlit membrane keyboard. The stabilizers were rattling loose (It's attached to the keycap) so, i taped it and it stopped!)

Old 05-29-2016, 07:21 PM

POST ID # = 855382
OhhWhen Reputation: 10

So all in all.... Is it worth getting this keyboard or no? I've been waiting for it to come in stock on Amazon and it still hasn't come yet so the whole time I've been thinking about my decision and I can't really decide, but hearing the Cherry MX Blue's today at the convention were too nice to not get on a keyboard so I'm going to have to go for them, just on what keyboard?!

Old 05-29-2016, 08:18 PM

POST ID # = 855385
ZensGamez Reputation: 10

Quote:
So all in all.... Is it worth getting this keyboard or no? I've been waiting for it to come in stock on Amazon and it still hasn't come yet so the whole time I've been thinking about my decision and I can't really decide, but hearing the Cherry MX Blue's today at the convention were too nice to not get on a keyboard so I'm going to have to go for them, just on what keyboard?!
I'd say get it. There may be stiff keys, rattling on long keys, less pronounced clicks, etc, out of the box. But, it should stop after a few weeks of using it. And if not, just RMA it, Get a refund, etc. If you still seem like you don't wanna get it, I'd reccomend there options (In Order) 1: AZiO MGK-1 RGB 2: Razer Blackwidow Chroma (X or no X) 3: Corsair Strafe RGb (1/5 of people reporting sticky keys). I would also reccomend the Ducky Shine 5 RGB (If you can find one with Blues) Option 1 and 2 does use Kailh switches but they are incredibly simular to Cherry MX Blues.

Last edited by ZensGamez; 05-29-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:57 PM
EnergyOne on Youtube

POST ID # = 855625
Jaybonaut Reputation: 10

Oh no...

I just ordered one today. I just heard about this on Reddit. Should I cancel? I wanted the ultimate K70 keyboard with RGB but with Blues and was so upset when I found out they cancelled them like a year ago supposedly, until I heard about these new LUX versions.

...and I waited until I got paid today and immediately ordered one direct from Corsair - and find you guys are saying the Blues are crap? So, they didn't fix whatever was wrong with them?

...are they just taking the failed results from last year and tossing them in these boards anyways? Should I cancel and get the Razer Overwatch board instead? I wanted dedicated media keys and the CUE craziness.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:06 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 855628
terabyte Reputation: 73

I think you should just wait and see what you get. If you keep looking at forums only you will see "a ton" of peoples complaining about issues, but you will never see peoples praising it because nobody comes to write here if there are no issues.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:19 PM
EnergyOne on Youtube

POST ID # = 855636
Jaybonaut Reputation: 10

It will be my first mechanical, and I don't want to be let down.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:08 AM

POST ID # = 855808

I've decided to wait until the 6th of June and try to order mine off of Amazon no matter the reviews, after using it for a week I'll decide whether I'm happy with it and I'll be sure to post on this forum the pros and cons of the keyboard, and if mine really did come with messed up keys and a weird space bar etc.
Thanks for the help everybody!

Old 06-01-2016, 05:04 PM

POST ID # = 855873
Nygma Reputation: 10

Hey guys, so It's been a little over a week since I have been using the LUX with cherry mx blue switches, and it is still not the best experience. For everyone that has been having issues with the stiffness of the keys, I think I found a solution. I took off all the keycaps and mashed down on each key repeatedly. After I put the keycaps back on, I immediately noticed that a majority of the keys became slightly lighter. This method especially helped the modifier keys loosen up a bit. Now I want to address a huge issue that I found. From what I could tell when I was pressing down on my keys, it seems like a majority of the switches themselves just seem to have come from a bad batch of switches (just my opinion). No matter how much you use it, the switch is just going to stay "mushy" (non clicky).

Old 06-01-2016, 08:05 PM

POST ID # = 855904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygma View Post
Hey guys, so It's been a little over a week since I have been using the LUX with cherry mx blue switches, and it is still not the best experience. For everyone that has been having issues with the stiffness of the keys, I think I found a solution. I took off all the keycaps and mashed down on each key repeatedly. After I put the keycaps back on, I immediately noticed that a majority of the keys became slightly lighter. This method especially helped the modifier keys loosen up a bit. Now I want to address a huge issue that I found. From what I could tell when I was pressing down on my keys, it seems like a majority of the switches themselves just seem to have come from a bad batch of switches (just my opinion). No matter how much you use it, the switch is just going to stay "mushy" (non clicky).
Have you contacted Corsair support on this issue to see what they have said, and if so, is there a way to contact the Cherry MX company to see if they have a solution?

Old 06-01-2016, 08:30 PM

POST ID # = 855907

Quote:
Have you contacted Corsair support on this issue to see what they have said, and if so, is there a way to contact the Cherry MX company to see if they have a solution?
Honestly, I'm probably not even going to try and get a replacement because this seems to be a QC issue from corsair. I just watched a review on youtube for the pok3r rgb keyboard with cherry mx blue rgb switches (same switches in the LUX keyboards), and the reviewer said that the rgb blue switches feel like his other normal cherry mx blue keyboards. This is what leads me to believe that the issue is not from cherry but has to do with corsair.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:08 PM

POST ID # = 856067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygma View Post
Honestly, I'm probably not even going to try and get a replacement because this seems to be a QC issue from corsair. I just watched a review on youtube for the pok3r rgb keyboard with cherry mx blue rgb switches (same switches in the LUX keyboards), and the reviewer said that the rgb blue switches feel like his other normal cherry mx blue keyboards. This is what leads me to believe that the issue is not from cherry but has to do with corsair.
So is there any way that Corsair guy who is normally on the forums can come onto this thread and help you / us? Quite the situation this is... and I still haven't even gotten the keyboard!

Old 06-02-2016, 07:03 PM

POST ID # = 856078

I called corsair customer support today and explained to them my situation with the keyboard. I told him about what Corsair Henry had previously said on another thread about letting the cherry mx blue switches "break in" and he told me that cherry mx blue switches should not have to be broken in, and that they should be working normally out of the box which I agree with, because when I got my ducky with blues everything was working the way it should have straight out of the box. So basically he ended up apologizing for the bad experience I have had and told me that I can submit an RMA and have a replacement keyboard sent to me or choose a different switch if I would like. He didn't really tell me anything about whether or not these issues are from them or that I just got unlucky, which I highly doubt seeing as everyone else who bought the same keyboard are all having the same issues.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:42 AM

POST ID # = 856106
evilryusam Reputation: 10

So i take it the problem is only present on the rgb blues? was interested in buying the blue switch lux, but decided to hold off buying the thing.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:25 PM

POST ID # = 856250

Can anyone contact someone from Corsair like the Henry guy to take a look at this thread? If so it would be much appreciated...