The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2016, 04:22 AM
LesC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850658
LesC Reputation: 10
Default Problem with Strafe RGB since firmware update

Updated firmware on Strafe RGB keyboard and since then keyboard is not recognized when switching PC on:

Before the firmware update, I'd turn PC on at mains & keyboard would be unlit & when PC booted up, my custom lighting would kick in.

Since the update, when I switch mains on, my custom lighting mode shows for a while before keyboard goes into demo mode (?) and scrolls through various lighting modes. However, when I switch PC on, keyboard is seemingly not recognized - I type & nothing happens. I then have to remove usb cable & reconnect & keyboard works OK.

I have noticed though that if I switch the PC on immediately (ie whilst keyboard is still showing my lighting set-up & hasn't gone in to 'demo' mode), then all works fine & it is recognized. But if I then turn PC off & reboot again without unplugging from mains, keyboard acts normally. It seems as though it's somehow power related but I have the keyboard connected in exactly the same way as before the firmware update - via the one usb plug (marked as keyboard) - which is plugged into a USB3 port. I have however tried plugging keyboard into different USB3 ports & still the same. I even tried plugging in the other USB plug (which should only be required for power with USB2) & still no difference. If I leave just the latter plugged in, still gets power & 'Demo' mode so problem seems related to keyboard rather than USB ports/power??

Any ideas folks?

Last edited by LesC; 05-05-2016 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Added further information

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Rarkal's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850701
Rarkal Reputation: 10

Mine is doing the same thing, very annoying having to unplug it and plug it back in, fix this please corsair!

Old 05-05-2016, 11:29 AM
LesC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkal View Post
Mine is doing the same thing, very annoying having to unplug it and plug it back in, fix this please corsair!
Guess it must have something to do with the Firmware update then. I've emailed Corsair support - I'll update if they come up with a solution. I wonder if it's possible to rollback the firmware?

Last edited by LesC; 05-05-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:37 AM
Wakers's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850812
Wakers Reputation: 16

Also having this problem with both my keyboard and my wife's. Certainly the last firmware update.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Taff11171's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850849
Taff11171 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakers View Post
Also having this problem with both my keyboard and my wife's. Certainly the last firmware update.
It's happening to me also. Sometimes when my PC boots up it shows the firmware update splash window again even after the update. If I try to update again it only gets to 3% then hangs. Definitely a bug to me!!

Old 05-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850864
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

Hello Everyone,

We are currently looking into this and will provide an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:10 PM
LesC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Henry View Post
Hello Everyone,

We are currently looking into this and will provide an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Thanks Henry; appreciated

Old 05-08-2016, 02:42 AM
st_trooper's PC Specs

POST ID # = 851080
st_trooper Reputation: 10

Ever since I updated my keyboard's firmware I have had nothing but problems too. My mouse (SABRE RGB) works 100% fine. At first the software just refused to recognize my keyboard. A reboot then caused my keyboard to not work at all. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked fine. Now whenever I reboot it's a 50/50 chance that the software will recognize my keyboard.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:50 AM

POST ID # = 851344
fyew-jit-tiv Reputation: 10

same problem with two different systems. I solved this by unplugging the USB from both my Corsair PSU (Hx850i & HX1200i) and removing corsair link software and now this problem has stopped.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 851483
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

Have you guys tried disabling ERP in bios to see if that helps? Disabling ERP will stop the system from providing power to the USB ports, which is why the demo is active.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:53 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs

POST ID # = 851485
Jkraghify Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Henry View Post
Have you guys tried disabling ERP in bios to see if that helps? Disabling ERP will stop the system from providing power to the USB ports, which is why the demo is active.
I believe you've made a typo, Henry. Don't you need to enable ErP to disable powered USB ports while the computer is "off"?

I could be mixing up ERP and EUP, though iirc they are essentially the same thing...

Last edited by Jkraghify; 05-10-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:31 PM

POST ID # = 851499
dom2114 Reputation: 10

I've noticed a slightly strange behavior since the firmware update on my Strafe RGB.

Prior to the update, the lights simply went off when I put the computer to sleep. This is exactly what I want to happen.

Post update, putting to sleep makes the lights go to the default 'all red with a few key white', but every 3-4 seconds, the lights go out for maybe half a second then turn back on. This goes on for a couple of minutes until the lights finally turn off.

Not a huge deal, but initially I thought there was something wrong due to the split second repetitive outage.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:45 AM

POST ID # = 851535
cookiemuncher Reputation: 10

I'm having some issues with my Strafe RGB now as well after the firmware update.

Before when I used to switch my PC on from the mains my keyboard never used to light up in demo mode. But now once my PC has some power from the mains without being turned on the keyboard lights up.

Also noticed a very odd behaviour this has happened twice, Went I switched on my PC the keyboard lighting would go all weird it does the rainbow spiral effect but it's random and scrambled like all the individual keys flashed the colours not in sync.

Also I would get a notification that there's a new firmware available even tho I have updated and forced update.. And when looking in the CUE software it shows the device as malfunctioning.

I also disabled ErP and the lighting still stays on even after when the PC is off. I never had this issue on the old firmware..

Is there a way I can revert it to the old firmware?

Old 05-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Mechanical Keyboard Guy

POST ID # = 851544
MajorMajor Reputation: 10

You used to be able to downgrade firmware with the Corsair Link software, but I'm not sure if CUE will let you or not. You'd need to have an old copy of the firmware I believe...
Corsair STRAFE RGB Silent | Programming Blog - Corsair #1!

Old 05-11-2016, 10:39 AM
darekmeridian's PC Specs

POST ID # = 851566
darekmeridian Reputation: 10

Ok. So I came to the forums here to see if this was a "thing" and apparently it's a thing.