The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-28-2015, 05:34 AM
Ian_Ann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822536
Ian_Ann Reputation: 15

Hi Ray,

I didn't meant to give SIV any kind of responsibility for my problems as it normally worked flawlessly with my CCM and even after several reboots, cycles, complete power-offs etc. It doesn't show up anywhere. ;)

I'm going to attach it again and see if over night something has magically resetted in CCM itself. Probably it just grilled itself at last.

Is there any way to "hard reset" the CCM? Maybe it just stuck somehow ...

I'm going to give it one or two more hours to get back to its task, otherwise I'll give it a hard reset with the wall. I really lost so *********** many hours of my life on try+error in the beginning to get it up and running and now it just won't work anyway. This really gets annoying somehow.

Anyhow - I am indeed very thankful for SIV - even if it hasn't the most intuitive GUI, it at least did work 100% compared to CL Software.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:42 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822538
red-ray Reputation: 81
Default Unplug the SATA power connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Ann View Post
Is there any way to "hard reset" the CCM? Maybe it just stuck somehow ...
Unplug the CLCC SATA power connector. On my system I wired up a toggle switch to enable me to do this.

Quote:
I really lost so *********** many hours of my life
I too have wasted far too many hours asking for screen shots that show the issue.

Last edited by red-ray; 11-28-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:47 AM
Ian_Ann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822539

Yeap, thats what I did already.

A couple of minutes ago I plugged it to a single S-ATA Power header, one external fan and temp sensor attached. The fan runs up when out of the sudden the LED on CCM starts blinking green/red in about .5 second intervall and so does the fan start pulsing as it only every .5 second gets power.

on off on off on off.

It'd be way more helpful to provide a video of the issue. ;D

Last edited by Ian_Ann; 11-28-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:09 AM
Ian_Ann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822545

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Is either SIV or CL running? Post [Link Devices]

Here you are. :)

Here's a video I just made with the pulsing issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_i...ew?usp=sharing

Btw.
It appears to get recognized by the system sometimes - when I try to modify the fan speed via SIV, it directly switches back to "default custom" when applying or/and saving to fixed PWM or Voltage. Fan and CCM keeps pulsing. :D

Last edited by Ian_Ann; 11-28-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:25 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822550
Sad I suspect there is a hardware issue

Quote:
It appears to get recognized by the system sometimes - when I try to modify the fan speed via SIV, it directly switches back to "default custom" when applying or/and saving to fixed PWM or Voltage. Fan and CCM keeps pulsing. :D
I suspect there is a hardware issue with the CLCC as when I power my CLCC on the LED is a constant green and does not flash at all.

The only other thing I can think of is with the power being supplied. If you have a meter check that it's +12 volts.

Looking at [Link Devices] I can see that Windows did not detect the CLCC. It should look as below. The Device Parameters are for the USB rather than the HID device.

If SIV does happen to detect it then I suspect that [Link Status] may report I/O errors. Does it? The error will be after Corsair Integrated USB Bridge (#0).

I would request an RMA.

Last edited by red-ray; 11-28-2015 at 06:36 AM.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Ian_Ann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822554

Quote:
I suspect there is a hardware issue with the CLCC as when I power my CLCC on the LED is a constant green and does not flash at all.

The only other thing I can think of is with the power being supplied. If you have a meter check that it's +12 volts.

If SIV does happen to detect it then I suspect that [Link Status] may report I/O errors. Does it? The error will be after Corsair Integrated USB Bridge (#0).

I would request an RMA.

Yes, I already checked that the power cord is providing 12V with a meter.
Link Status gives me an Error 120 - AIO Link Status is Not Available.

I think the CCM has just given up by itself.

I'll try to open it and check if the USB or power cord is broken, if not I'll finally go with an aquaero. I really like Corsair's Cases, Memory etc. but as they obviously neither getting their software cleanly working for everyone, nor do they obviously care for your opinion and askings, I'll no longer support this.

Thanks for your help Ray, I really appreciate it!

Old 11-28-2015, 06:48 AM
Ian_Ann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822556

Okay - one more thing:

When I connect the CCM on a running system, windows does this "Device connected" Sound. After just three seconds or so it does the "Device disconnected" sound.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:49 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822557

Why don't you just RMA the CLCC?

Quote:
When I connect the CCM on a running system, windows does this "Device connected" Sound. After just three seconds or so it does the "Device disconnected" sound.
This supports there being a hardware issue with the CLCC. I also suspect [Link Devices] will change as it comes and goes.

BTW SIV 5.05 should report your HX750i when it's USB connected. Does it? Ideally post [Link Status], [Link Power] and [Link Devices].

Last edited by red-ray; 11-28-2015 at 06:55 AM.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:16 AM
Ian_Ann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822564

The HX750i has been recognized by either the Corsair Software and SIV yesterday night. (I checked that because I wanted to make sure the USB Bus hasn't a problem or windows with corsair.

I opened the CMM now and measured both the power on the PCB itself (12V, no fluctuations) and the USB Cable itself to make sure it isn't broken on any line. So it looks like there really is an issue with the hardware itself.

I already had that much issues and limitations (no "fan off" state, PWM regulation (my mainboard is able to run the Noctua fans flawlessly with about 300 1/min - CCM freaks out when going under 400 1/min)) with CCM, that I won't RMA it.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:34 PM
kansasboy001's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822929
kansasboy001 Reputation: 13

Quote:
You have made so many changes it's impossible to know what happened. A screen shot of [Link Devices] may provide some insight. If SIV does not work then post screen shots otherwise there is no way to help you.

If the CLCC is not listed on [USB Bus] then it's a hardware issue. Try power cycling the system.
I figured it out. I had to Uninstall the malfunctioning link device driver in device manager and select the USB input device driver. Now everything works.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:07 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 823449

Quote:
What does Device Manager report? You may need to update the driver. See the end of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=777371 for how to do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasboy001 View Post
I figured it out. I had to Uninstall the malfunctioning link device driver in device manager and select the USB input device driver. Now everything works.
I am happy to hear things are now working. That is what I said to try, but you replied to a different post which confused me for a few seconds.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:15 PM

POST ID # = 823778
HC1Gunner Reputation: 10

I'm comfortable with using regedit, but that link doesn't not exist in my registry.

I have one single entry under VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\....6&79bee0&0&2 is all that shows, and 5&2e573136&0& is nowhere to be see/found.

Under the below location I did find SelectiveSuspendEnabled, and after deleting it changed to DWORD with 0, this did stop it from popping up, but now none of my Fans or temp probes connected to mini commander are even showing in left panel. I just have Mobo, V-card, and some HDD info. This really got me nowhere.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\6&79bee0&0&2

Win 10 Pro
Corsair Link - CorsairLink_Installer_RC_v3.2.5742_signed

Last edited by HC1Gunner; 12-04-2015 at 02:17 PM.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 823783
Arrow Update that

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC1Gunner View Post
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\6&79bee0&0&2
Update that. The 6&79bee0&0&2 will be different on every system so I have changed the text to VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\<different on every system>\Device Parameters. Further if you have multiple CL bridge devices you will need to update them all.

Last edited by red-ray; 12-05-2015 at 05:36 AM.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:47 PM

POST ID # = 823863
HC1Gunner Reputation: 10
Question

Quote:
Update that. The 6&79bee0&0&2 will be different on every system so I have changed the text to VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\<different on every system>\Device Parameters. Further if you have multiple CL devices you will need to update them all.
Copy that Mr. Ray, but where, or should I say, do I find each one's location in the registry? This is what I have connected to mini commander...

Fans:

1. Rear Exh
2. Btm Intake - front
3. Top Intake - front
4. Top Blow hole
5. Top front Rad
6. Top rear Rad

Temps:

1. Btm case - Top Pwr Sup
2.Top of GFX card
3.Rear Exh
4. CPU Rad center - between fans

Old 12-05-2015, 04:08 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 823880
Question look with REGEDIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC1Gunner View Post
but where, or should I say, how do I find each one's location in the registry?
If you look with REGEDIT you may be able to deduce them. You should see similar to as below. Note there are 5 VID_1B1C&PID_0C04 sub-keys one for each of the 5 x Corsair Integrated USB Bridges that I have.

To get a list you would need to write/use a program that uses the SETUPAPI to read and then report them. One such program is my SIV utility and on my system it reports as below. All the paths are to the right of the green blobs.

Attached Images
File Type: png [Link Devices].png (147.9 KB, 934 views)
File Type: png Device Parameters.png (45.5 KB, 935 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 12-05-2015 at 07:41 AM.