The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2015, 11:32 PM

POST ID # = 826179
Goat1 Reputation: 12

My 2nd Razer Naga Epic which I loved just failed on me last night. LED's out. I bought the 2 yr warranty at Best buy because I knew these mice didn't last. I took my Naga to BB tonight and they swapped it out for a new Naga epic Chroma.. I was this close to getting the Scimitar,but because of the yellow on it and the problems I'm reading,I just couldn't do it. I'm not happy about it being as I have a K70 RGB and Sabre.. I wanted the Naga/Scimitar for MMO's.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:32 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826247
terabyte Reputation: 73

The only issue I'm aware with the Scimitar is that sometimes it gets laggy, choppy movements and the buttons don't work. Unplugging and re-plugging it in fixes the issue (until it happens again), but Corsair has already found the cause and is working on a fix as far as I know.

Are there any other issues you're referring to about the Scimitar that I'm not aware of?

Old 12-18-2015, 12:33 PM

POST ID # = 826273
Trick_Diesel Reputation: 10

Any chance of an update from an employee on this? Still having this same problem and the last update I can find on it is from the 2nd. Thanks.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:22 PM

POST ID # = 826297
Twhrik Reputation: 10

okay so i have a new problem with my scimitar now.... all the sudden my computer stopped recognizing the key strokes on the numpad of the mouse.. ive tried re assigning the buttons and everything but they just dont work (buttons are still recognized for the lighting without any problems) i want to use the numbers 1 to 12 the same as the 1-= on the keyboard but they dont work anymore... and the middle 2 buttons dont work either

Old 12-18-2015, 04:04 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826310
terabyte Reputation: 73

Try unplugging and re-plugging the mouse, it should fix it. This is a known issue and Corsair should already be working on a fix for it.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Zirq's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826311
Zirq Reputation: 10

Yup, unplugging, plugging back in the mouse sometimes fixed the issue, if not, restarting CUE fixed it for some others. I usually have to actually restart my computer to get the macros working again once they quit. But one of those solutions will probably work for you.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:15 PM

POST ID # = 826317
Twhrik Reputation: 10

i used to fix the bug were the mouse would start lagging with plugging it in and out worked for that, but it does not work for this problem.. scrollweel and left and right button work but all the rest doesnt. but yeah i hope corsair is working on a fix.. but i dont think they will fix it before the new year soo im gonna return the other 2 i bought as xmes pressent since the mouse has to much bugs

Old 12-18-2015, 11:19 PM

POST ID # = 826385

Against my better judgement, I went out today and bought the Scimitar. Why you ask with all these problems? Because ,that's how I roll. I'm a gluten for punishment. I also got it on sale. And if it sucks,I'll take it back. I plugged it in and it works well for the 5 mins I've been using it. I haven't changed the lighting or anything yet. Feels better in my hand than my new Naga. In fact its hard for me to hang onto the Naga and lift it when I have to. My Naga 2014 was much better. I miss it already.. :( The Scimitar is really great feeling tho. I'll return it if I start having tons of problems.

Also,just out of curiosity..Has anyone tried unplugging their keyboard,specifically the RGB's and see if the mouse starts working right again?

Old 12-19-2015, 04:28 AM
Zirq's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826404
Zirq Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post
Also,just out of curiosity..Has anyone tried unplugging their keyboard,specifically the RGB's and see if the mouse starts working right again?
I don't remember if I tried that when I first got the mouse, and ruled it out, but in general, no I haven't. I'm much more inclined to use an old mouse than an old keyboard if it came to that =x. I'm one of those useless replies this time, sorry!

Old 12-19-2015, 02:11 PM

POST ID # = 826459

I've been using my new Scimitar with no issues. Works great,tracks well. Love the mouse. I didn't do the firmware update and I'm not going to. As long as it works good,no reason to update it then end up breaking it. Excellent mouse so far.. The Naga I bought, will go back.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:07 AM
Vunak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826653
Vunak Reputation: 10

Problem 1)

If your mouse is lagging, choppy movement with the cursor. Its caused by the mouses RGB and changing colors. To fix it for now (until the fix it in a software/firmware update) just make all the colors solid.

Problem 2)

If your side buttons and macros on the mouse/keyboard stop working its probably from CUE crashing and isn't a problem with the Scimitar by itself. As a matter of fact as Goat has suggested unplugging the RGB keyboards is the solution for now. The scimitar works brilliantly alone aside from issue 1.

It has something to do with having both the RGB keyboards plugged in and the Scimitar plugged in that causes the crash.

I came to this conclusion after having my K70 RGB plugged in and sending it back because I thought it was faulty after looking at the logs. I plugged in my old Ryos MK Pro and my scimitar and had no crashes for a good month. I just got a new K95 since I liked having the macros and its back to crash city.

I hope this helps as I love my K95 RGB and my Scimitar is the best feeling mouse I have owned yet. But with the crashes its becoming very frustrating especially in rated matches.

Also to note, I only have ever seen it crash while in a game. If I am just browsing the internet or watching movies etc. I haven't experienced one crash as of yet (to my knowledge).

Last edited by Vunak; 12-21-2015 at 02:10 AM.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:11 PM

POST ID # = 826701

I have the K70 RGB and haven't had any issues with my Scimitar,but I just threw out there that the keyboard and mouse might not like each other. They are supposed to be friends.. What's going on here? I don't think the Scimitar with the sails logo likes the K70 with the tramp stamp.. :P I will not update the firmware or anything on my mouse. It works great as is..

Old 12-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Vunak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826757

Quote:
I have the K70 RGB and haven't had any issues with my Scimitar,but I just threw out there that the keyboard and mouse might not like each other. They are supposed to be friends.. What's going on here? I don't think the Scimitar with the sails logo likes the K70 with the tramp stamp.. :P I will not update the firmware or anything on my mouse. It works great as is..
Can I ask what firmware you are using for the scimitar and the K70 as well as your version of CUE?

Old 12-22-2015, 12:29 AM

POST ID # = 826799

Mouse
Software version 1.12.75
Firmware version 1.03
Bootloader version 0.02

K70 RGB
Firmware 1.33
Bootloader 0.11
Software 1.12.75

Old 12-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Vunak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826903

Quote:
Mouse
Software version 1.12.75
Firmware version 1.03
Bootloader version 0.02

K70 RGB
Firmware 1.33
Bootloader 0.11
Software 1.12.75
Thanks for that. I'm gonna give these a shot and see if it resolves my issues. Will report back with results.