The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-25-2016, 05:07 PM

POST ID # = 868807
AndrejusD Reputation: 10

Could anybody please tell me how to save the changes, because after pressing apply and save in fan control window, and reload the program I do not find my settings :/

Anyway, thank you RAY a lot for this superior software.
CAM used ~5% of my cpu, sometimes up to 20. Corsair
Link up to 5%.
And SIV is only 0-0.5% very rarely up to 1%, and monitoring all pc specs. Superior job.

Last edited by AndrejusD; 08-25-2016 at 05:12 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:11 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 868856
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question Some debug information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrejusD View Post
Could anybody please tell me how to save the changes, because after pressing apply and save in fan control window, and reload the program I do not find my settings :/
Pressing [Save] will save the settings. If you think it's not saving them then start SIV and post the [Link Fans] + Menu->Machine->SIV Setup->SIV Setup AIO panels.

I am wondering if you read http://rh-software.com/Using%20SIV%2...20Hardware.pdf and suspect you failed to specify -AIOCTL.

Last edited by red-ray; 08-26-2016 at 08:32 AM.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:16 PM

POST ID # = 868943

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Pressing [Save] will save the settings. If you think it's not saving them then start SIV and post the [Link Fans] + Menu->Machine->SIV Setup->SIV Setup AIO panels.

I am wondering if you read http://rh-software.com/Using%20SIV%2...20Hardware.pdf and suspect you failed to specify -AIOCTL.
Did not know about this, thank you all works for now perfectly, and what is the most important - works ;)
Is there any way to make SIV minimize on close so I won't be closing it all the time ? :)

Last edited by AndrejusD; 08-26-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:00 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 868955
red-ray Reputation: 81
Idea Rtfm + rtfap

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrejusD View Post
Is there any way to make SIV minimize on close so I won't be closing it all the time ? :)
Yes, but I feel you need to read http://rh-software.com/Using%20SIV%2...20Hardware.pdf rather than asking me how to do what it specifies how to do .

You should also check what the [About] panel specifies.

Last edited by red-ray; 08-26-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:31 PM

POST ID # = 868970

hidden answer in the title saved my day, thx :) ;)

Old 05-06-2017, 06:27 PM
FALE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902245
FALE Reputation: 18
Default Im pretty dumb but I got SIV running

Hello all, I was a longtime user of Corsair Link with my H100i. It seemed to do what I needed it to and I didn't have too many problems. (Well one, apparently it killed my Green LED, but whatever). Then I got an AMD RX 480 and jumped ship off the Green Team and picked up a HX850i PSU to go along with it. The short version is that now my CL4 was freezing up randomly and only rebooting would resolve it. Also my RX480 would occasionally ramp up to 5k rpm when idle. Fun.

Now that I've installed SIV, I haven't had the random ramp ups (guessing Crimson doesn't like CL4 in some way) and the software freezing has stopped. I can change my fan speeds to performance, quiet, and balanced just like I can in CL4 and I can view my power efficiency from the PSU as well. I've even changed the colors of my CLC Led. The only difference really is that SIV doesnt run like 14% CPU like CL4 did. The whole thing even runs on startup. Pretty transparent if you ask me.

The first step is probably the hardest, and there wasn't much info on how to go about it, so here it is.

Install CL4 fully.
Uniinstall CL4, but leave the USB dongle software.
Download SIV, I put mine in C:/Program Files/SIV
Follow steps in this PDF http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=821198
After that, ask questions. The dev for SIV is really fast to reply with help. Good luck!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:37 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 904337
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Hi all,

I just wanted to post a big fat THANK YOU to Red Ray for developing SIV and adding support for Corsair products. When I tried using Link, I had problem after problem after problem. That program never seems to do the same thing twice!

Since installing SIV and expunging all traces of Link, I can now control my Corsair AIO fans and the pump LED properly and consistently. I also added a Commander Mini that I never would have purchased if not for Red Ray and SIV. Now I can control all of my fans with far better granularity than Link or what my MOBO Bios provides.

Red Ray has expended a huge amount of effort trying to sort out the endless stream of bugs in Corsair software and firmware, often having to reverse engineer the protocols since he gets no support from Corsair. I read this forum a lot and have seen dozens of people posting that they would have given up on Corsair and removed all of their products from their systems had it not been for Red Ray, SIV, and his unending patience and support.

SIV is like a living thing - always changing, always improving. Red Ray actually listens to the people using SIV. When they have trouble, he helps. When they have a good idea for a new feature, he adds it - usually within HOURS. I don't know why he does it or why Corsair continues to ignore his advice. I have never seen a company produce such poor software as Link and not fix bugs that are reported, often along with the solution. Every time they release and update it seems to be one step forward and 10 steps back. It's just unbelievable!!

Luckily for Corsair hardware users (and Corsair), Red Ray is on this forum just about every day, helping, educating, and improving SIV while Corsair remains silent and does nothing. It must be very awkward for them but at the end of the day, they should publicly thank Red Ray for providing the support they don't (for whatever reason).

So, if you are here on this forum looking for answers to why your Corsair products are not working properly, do yourself a favor. Forget about Corsair Link. It is clear that it has never worked properly and likely never will. Delete Link. All traces of it. Get SIV, Read the guide, learn your way around the program, set it up the way you want, and start enjoying your Corsair products. It's your choice. Thanks to Red Ray, you have one.

2 members found this post helpful.