The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Dwindleflip's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750639
Dwindleflip Reputation: 5

How did the most anticipated keyboard become such a disaster? Software, hardware, availability, function, even the re-branding of the logo to the tramp stamp. It has been a mess in every way possible :) What a shame

Old 01-03-2015, 12:14 AM

POST ID # = 750640
Moneeb Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post
Moneeb,its funny. I always thought of certain companies as tier 2 for certain things. Corsair,Steel series,Cooler master..Tier 2 for Mice/Keyboards/headsets. I thought finally,one of these companies finally,hit tier 1. Corsair. Man,they really could have hit a home run with this keyboard. I don't think its the keyboard so much as the switches. I think cherry just can't produce that many. I think they dropped the blues to get more reds and browns out. I would think the blues are the most popular. Anyways,Corsair is still entrenched in tier 2 IMO. We just want to know what the hell is going on.
Exactly, a corsair k70 rgb blue with the sails logo would have been perfect.Unfortunatly for us loyal customers corsair wont make that keyboard.

Under normal circumstanes id take my custom elsewhere but i cant as its a long overdue present for my little brother. I'll probably just order the sails logo with red switches. one thing is for certain i wont be buying any corsair product again.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:21 AM

POST ID # = 750641
dogman1911 Reputation: 10

I am sure they are going to close this thread and label us all trolls. But in case they don't here goes:

Tell me how Cher_y Mx [don't want to mention a competitor and be banned!] who boasts of having a state-of-the-art facility in Germania cannot produce enough plastic switches in the last few months to fill a soccer stadium 10 times over? I ordered a new vehicle from the US and it was built from scratch and shipped to Canada in about a month. And yet in monthSSSS, Cher_y MX cannot produce countless plastic bits? Hmmm.

It is not like we are talking about Corsair selling millions of these keyboards - there are only a few places in north America selling them, and most of us are keeping a daily eye on stock/sales. How are they really not keeping up with demand after all these months? The truth may be that the switches themselves are designed defective. It is not a supply issue I think but that they have to redesign the switches which takes time. So a lot of this blame can sit on Cher_y's shoulders. I also now question just how good THEY are after this. doesn't either of these companies actually do a quality check on these things before shipping them out?

To boast of 50 mil key presses don't you actually press the key 50 mil times in a testing robot? because we have users after a few hundred keystrokes are having keys stick, stop clicking etc.

Before this I would have agreed that Cher_y MX was one of the best maker of switches out there. I would not have been caught dead looking at a Khaillll. After this I look sideways at Cher_y MX as well. Khaillll is looking pretty good about now!

Old 01-03-2015, 12:55 AM

POST ID # = 750649
dwitty Reputation: 10

Cherry is a Corsair supplier rather than a competitor. But yes, I agree, I dont understand what the issue is.... probably because they haven't told us.....

Old 01-03-2015, 01:45 AM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750653
Froggy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman1911 View Post
I am sure they are going to close this thread and label us all trolls.
I'm thinking the same. Some of you guys mentioned a competitor too which is a breach of the forum rules so I'm petty sure it won't take long before it goes missing... Corsair is really good at sweeping issues under the rug so please guys stop mentioning other brands so we have a chance to be heard loud and clear!

Old 01-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750693
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddantas View Post
Made an account just to post. I've been waiting for MX Blues to restock since they sold out in hours on the first say of release months ago. I wake up today, and find this on my Facebook feed... Sorry for the weird link, I'm on mobile so I copy pasted the url. Basically, MX blue k70 RGB are discontinued, straight from their Facebook page.

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...35&oe=553D19A8
I saw where someone posted that pic on Facebook - but where's the original comment from? Anyone find it?
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 01-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750694

Quote:
I am sure they are going to close this thread and label us all trolls. But in case they don't here goes:

Tell me how Cher_y Mx [don't want to mention a competitor and be banned!] who boasts of having a state-of-the-art facility in Germania cannot produce enough plastic switches in the last few months to fill a soccer stadium 10 times over? I ordered a new vehicle from the US and it was built from scratch and shipped to Canada in about a month. And yet in monthSSSS, Cher_y MX cannot produce countless plastic bits?
1. No, this thread won't be closed.

2. What does a vehicle have to do with Cherry? Your comparison just doesn't make sense. "state-of-the-art facility" doesn't mean that a company can make an infinite amount of an item in a picosecond. No one here knows what their manufacturing capability is, and I suspect something like this is considered internal information so we'll never know.

3. dogman1911/Froggy: No, you won't be banned for saying Cherry. Having said that - I have had to remind a couple of people about the rules. I've just enabled it so that everyone is forced to the rules page once (I generally do it around this time of year anyway). This way no one can say that they don't know where the rules are or what they are. Here's a link and the rule in question:
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77167

Quote:
NO DISCUSSION OF COMPETITORS:
This forum is here for the express purpose of supporting current and future users of Corsair Memory. Please do not discuss competing products or their suppliers by name on this forum, either in a positive light or a negative one. Such posts or threads will be edited or deleted at our discretion. Please contact the makers of that product for help. As stated above, their names are filtered out from public view.

If you have questions about non-Corsair products that do not compete with Corsair (e.g. operating system, routers, video cards, etc.), please post in the appropriate sub-forums. Start out with the Hardware Related and Software Related (Non Corsair Questions) areas. Note that Corsair employees do not monitor these areas, but they will move posts / threads to them from the Corsair areas if needed. If you see a post in the wrong area, please report it so that it may be moved to the correct location.

If you want to discuss manufacturer X vs Y, I'd suggest hitting a neutral forum or reddit.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group

Old 01-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750694

Quote:

Tell me how Cher_y Mx [don't want to mention a competitor and be banned!] who boasts of having a state-of-the-art facility in Germania cannot produce enough plastic switches in the last few months to fill a soccer stadium 10 times over? I ordered a new vehicle from the US and it was built from scratch and shipped to Canada in about a month. And yet in monthSSSS, Cher_y MX cannot produce countless plastic bits?
1. No, this thread won't be closed.

2. What does a vehicle have to do with Cherry? Your comparison just doesn't make sense. "state-of-the-art facility" doesn't mean that a company can make an infinite amount of an item in a picosecond. No one here knows what their manufacturing capability is, and I suspect something like this is considered internal information so we'll never know.

3. dogman1911/Froggy: No, you won't be banned for saying Cherry. Having said that - I have had to remind a couple of people about the rules. I've just enabled it so that everyone is forced to the rules page once (I generally do it around this time of year anyway). This way no one can say that they don't know where the rules are or what they are. Here's a link and the rule in question:
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77167

Quote:
NO DISCUSSION OF COMPETITORS:
This forum is here for the express purpose of supporting current and future users of Corsair Memory. Please do not discuss competing products or their suppliers by name on this forum, either in a positive light or a negative one. Such posts or threads will be edited or deleted at our discretion. Please contact the makers of that product for help. As stated above, their names are filtered out from public view.

If you have questions about non-Corsair products that do not compete with Corsair (e.g. operating system, routers, video cards, etc.), please post in the appropriate sub-forums. Start out with the Hardware Related and Software Related (Non Corsair Questions) areas. Note that Corsair employees do not monitor these areas, but they will move posts / threads to them from the Corsair areas if needed. If you see a post in the wrong area, please report it so that it may be moved to the correct location.

If you want to discuss manufacturer X vs Y, I'd suggest hitting a neutral forum or reddit.

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:08 AM

POST ID # = 750703
niceboat Reputation: 10

So, I heard about this whole thing from the /r/MechanicalKeyboards subreddit post, and I thought I'd share some info with you guys.

First off, bad Blues are probably Cherry's fault. If we're to believe this guy, then Blues are made on a 30 year old machine. There's also people reporting bad Blues from a different keyboard manufacturer as well.

Then we have some actually confirmed info about MX shortages from both OWERTim and TacticalStache, both from different suppliers. The shortages are said to last until 2016. Also, two keyboard manufacturers have begun making PCB's compatible wiith both MX and ALPS because they don't want to use MX clones in case of shortages, there's rumours about anothers considering the same, and most custom keyboard makers are either discussing or already doing that as well. Considering that now there are custom ALPS keycap sets being made, I foresee at least one new ALPS board from a western company in 2015.

And then the final nail in the coffin, CES teaser from Cherry. They're obviously making a new switch, because they want a new patent they can cling on to. Two most popular theories(based on the teaser calling MX switches "too slow") include a revamp of MY switches or a plunger-over-rubberdome. I'd personally prefer the second option, because it can be anywhere from great to terrible, while most people agree that MY is the worst mechanical switch ever created.

Also, you can see on the teaser that each diode is connected with only one wire, so it's not gonna be RGB. In fact, it looks like Cherry is abandoning RGB alltogether, so Corsair may want to look for another switch manufacturer. There's currently 3 options: Kaihua(but that would require using normal instead of SMD LEDs), Gateron(which is reported to be smoother than Cherry, but is relatively new so there's no long-term reviews) or Matias(if you prefer using ALPS instead of MX clones).

Old 01-03-2015, 01:48 PM

POST ID # = 750740
MHPALA Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
I saw where someone posted that pic on Facebook - but where's the original comment from? Anyone find it?
It was posted in this post. It's not too far down from the top post.

I went to recheck it this morning, and Corsair removed it from the comments section along with the other associated comments. Glad someone screen-capped it.

Now I definitely want a straight answer.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:20 PM

POST ID # = 750744
Goat1 Reputation: 12

It is very disheartening that We can't just go out and buy one of these keyboards right now or in the near future. No blues? No sale.. I digress,sigh... :(

Old 01-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750762

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHPALA View Post
I went to recheck it this morning, and Corsair removed it from the comments section along with the other associated comments. Glad someone screen-capped it.

Now I definitely want a straight answer.
Join the club :/

Old 01-03-2015, 04:59 PM
TellarHK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750782
TellarHK Reputation: 10

I think the only thing that we can probably do at this point is hit up support. I've already contacted support about my keyboard's problems with a request for information. Since I bought mine online, I realized I can get my receipt that way.

If these keyboards are no longer going to be sold due to problems with either the supply line or defective key switches, I want a refund so I can buy something with the kind of key response I prefer. Corsair simply doesn't make any other product that would satisfy my needs if the RGB Blues are going to be taken out of the picture.

I'm glad it isn't the entire RGB line, but given the false advertising and defects that are starting to seem far more endemic than they originally were appearing to be (because so few people had received Blues) I think this is looking like it calls for a far more vigorous and hopefully generous response from Corsair if they want to keep the corporate reputation up.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:20 PM

POST ID # = 750784
Goat1 Reputation: 12

You should keep it,if they don't make anymore,it will be worth a mint..

Old 01-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750797

Quote:
It would if they were not defective lol. What really annoys me is that I love the design of my K95! I haven't found anything else on the market that I like. So I wanna keep it but it's a lot of cash for a faulty product... The ultimate catch 22 :/ I've barely used it for a month so what's gonna happen in a year time?
I hate red switches and I like feedback so the brown won't cut it either... Arrrgh I feel ripped off so bad :/

Old 01-03-2015, 07:15 PM
TellarHK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750801
TellarHK Reputation: 10

Quote:
If it worked properly, maybe. I get too many repeating h's. I'm about >< close to swapping it out for my old keyboard, whihchh (see?) kind of ticks me off after spending so muchh.