The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-27-2014, 12:26 AM

POST ID # = 749255
redsheanazar Reputation: 10

Wanted to clear up my comment about B&H Photo............They are not advertising it as a RGB. They do say you can select keys to light up and whatnot. I got excited and ordered it, not realizing there were 2 different keyboards. I'm sending mine back and ordering the correct one. B&H doesn't offer the RGB one.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:41 PM

POST ID # = 749639
pansemuckl Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcon View Post
I am having the same problems as well, I just got this keyboard for Christmas and i am using it right now. I downloaded the software and it wont let me click the profile tab to make one. It just says "no device connected, connect a device." Any ideas on how to fix it?

Open Task-Manager, kill/terminate CorsairHID.exe.
Restart "Corsair Utility Engine". See if that helps.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:36 AM

POST ID # = 750270
Magia Reputation: 10

I just bought this keyboard yesterday and facing the same issues too. I would like to share with you guys is that I have managed to solve this issue by updating to the latest USB 3.0 host controller for Intel and XHCI Controller for Asmedia(I'm using Asus Maximus V Gene). Google and update your USB controller to the latest driver will do the trick. Try not to get it from the your motherboard website since most of them are not up to date.

Last edited by Magia; 01-01-2015 at 02:05 AM.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:47 PM
ChromaJustWorks's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757045
ChromaJustWorks Reputation: 10

I tried this too on 3 of my computer all the exact same not detected problem. The solution is not too hard actually. After boot - Uninstall the corsair utility - then reinstall the corsair utility - then it will detect the the rgb keyboard (k65 and k70 for me) - then open the profile page and import 1 fresh new profile to display till your next reboot. Just rinse and repeat when you boot up.
Wish there was built in lighting profiles that work without the corsair utility. Its not very kool to reinstall the driver when i am showing off my keyboard.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:36 AM

POST ID # = 757099
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Have you tried plugging the keyboard into the USB 2.0/3.0 ports instead?
Latest chipset drivers and BIOS?

You shouldn't have to reinstall CUE each time to get it working. Does CUE detect the keyboard a few minutes after startup? e.g. Close CUE on startup, wait for a few minutes and open CUE again.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:25 AM

POST ID # = 761304
FaultyLine Reputation: 10

My new K75 RGB (it's absolutely the RGB version) is doing something similar to this thread. If I have a "virgin" PC that's never seen this keyboard, I plug it in, install CUE, it sees the keyboard and does all the nifty RGB stuffs. At some point after one to many reboots, I will get the dreaded "NO DEVICE DETECTED" error message. I've tested this on two different computers, and both behave exactly identically. I also tried the old software/firmware at the start of this thread and that worked for about a week, but has since broken again.

I'm connecting via 2x USB 2.0 ports, directly into the USB 2.0 header on the back of the motherboard. I'll let ya'll know if I figure out WTF is going on.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:09 AM

POST ID # = 766702
GageFox Reputation: 10

I think I might have found the fix to this. Try changing the bios switch on the back and restarting after everytime and making sure your computer is fully up to date.

Edit: also will not work if you are using remote desktop

Last edited by GageFox; 03-17-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:47 AM
CockyLokie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768258
CockyLokie Reputation: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyLokie

Hey guy's here is my Story.

I recently upgraded my PC. Everything was working perfectly on my old system.

Installed a clean Windows 7 Ultimate x64 edition. I got everything up and running Installed my K70 RGB and installed CUE and it worked perfectly.

I then proceeded to install all the latest Motherboard drivers from CD/Website (I have Asus Maximus 7 Hero) once all my drivers where installed my CUE software decided to say i hate you and said no device detected.

After reading a users comment saying to install the latest versions of USB drivers i did, Rebooted started CUE and bobs your auntie it worked.

Steps:
1. Find the brand and Driver you need. (Go to your Motherboard's Webpage it normally displays the version and brand)
on my side it was Intel USB 3 Driver Set.
2. Google your USB Chip-set brand and get the latest version.
3. Install the USB Driver with all your USB's still plugged in, as it will now disconnect all your devices while it installs.
4. Once installed Restart your PC

I really hope this works out for you guys and that you have pleasant days.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:52 PM

POST ID # = 768823
damienmargo Reputation: 10

Hi Everyone! New here and trying out an M65 but like many of you have experienced the Corsair Utility Engine says No Device Detected. Re-booting does not help, but if I quit the software and then re-run it it works. Hopefully Corsair will do something about this.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:55 PM

POST ID # = 775185
vanquish12v Reputation: 10
Thumbs up Working!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansemuckl View Post
This worked like a charm for me on my K95 RGB.

Now, the million dollar question:
Is there any way to not have to do this every time I start my computer to get this to work proper?

Old 04-25-2015, 04:26 PM

POST ID # = 775220
vanquish12v Reputation: 10
Thumbs up Fixed on startup as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanquish12v View Post
This worked like a charm for me on my K95 RGB.

Now, the million dollar question:
Is there any way to not have to do this every time I start my computer to get this to work proper?
Welp, looks like I answered my own question!
Using iObit's Advanced System Care 8 Pro, I put the CUE on a delayed start up, and I have absolutely no issues with it now. I hope this helps some of you!

Old 05-16-2015, 07:20 AM

POST ID # = 779473
ChibiMoon Reputation: 10
Default Worked, killing CorsairHID.exe

I just bought my keyboard a week ago, loved it but it kept doing the unable to detect shenanigans in CUE. The below worked so thank you, although it doesn't fix the issue in general with the software. It's a shame because it's a lovely keyboard, hope Corsair refines their software side of the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansemuckl View Post

Old 06-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Mikant's PC Specs

POST ID # = 785354
Mikant Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

Attention for those who has motherboard Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero and Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 MX Red Cherrie non RGB

How to update firmware K70FwUpdate 1.09 sw-1.3
1) First you need to plug in the USB correctly on the I/O shield of the motherboard.
2) On the right USB 2.0 of the I/O shield plug in the USB connector which has mark as (keyboard))
3) On the left USB 2.0 of the I/O shield plug in the USB connector which has mark as (left and right arrows)
4) If you have Asus Keybot software you have to turn it off to update the software.
5) Now to update K70FwUpdate 1.09 sw-1.3 open the the firmware and start to update, a window opens with choices for your keyboard preferences which has two options to tick one for the red led or two for the blue led.
6) The last thing for successful installation click (Update Firmware) and wait to finish do not unplug anything till it finish the firmware update.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:20 AM

POST ID # = 786059
nikDOTexe Reputation: 10

For me i have the same problem where it detects no device and the profiles tab is greyed out, but with one exception, my device tab occasionally is openable but is blank when opened.Help please!

Last edited by nikDOTexe; 06-22-2015 at 08:27 AM. Reason: More detail

Old 06-22-2015, 06:12 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 786155
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Nik, I posted in the other thread but it's faster to contact our tech support than it is to await a response here on the forums. I'd also appreciate it if you didn't make so many posts about the issue in different threads.

Thanks!

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue