The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 12:36 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 710105
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_SnM View Post
I am now annoyed that I should have to foot the bill for returning the old one.
You don't. They attached a pre-paid shipping label to your ticket two weeks ago and mentioned it in your ticket twice.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Dims's PC Specs

POST ID # = 710136
Dims Reputation: 5

How it is acceptable to give Black/RED keyboards as a replacement for Silver/Blue keyboards. If you want people to trust Corsair in the future you should really offer them a step up to RGB keyboard and they pay half the difference.

That would show Corsair stands behind their products and wants customer to be happy with the product they purchased.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 710197
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dims View Post
How it is acceptable to give Black/RED keyboards as a replacement for Silver/Blue keyboards. If you want people to trust Corsair in the future you should really offer them a step up to RGB keyboard and they pay half the difference.

That would show Corsair stands behind their products and wants customer to be happy with the product they purchased.
Please do not double post, thanks.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 05-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Dims's PC Specs

POST ID # = 710228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Please do not double post, thanks.
What double post are you talking about. This was being discussed in two section and i commented. I didn't copy and paste the same exact thing in both threads.

Someone needs to look up what double post means, Thanks.
double post = When someone posts the exact same thing twice in a row.

Last edited by Dims; 05-08-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Dr_SnM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 710235
Dr_SnM Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
You don't. They attached a pre-paid shipping label to your ticket two weeks ago and mentioned it in your ticket twice.
That's what I initially thought but then I was confused by the instructions attached to the bottom of the shipping label that state:

Shipping Carrier:
The consumer is responsible for return freight costs to Corsair. We recommend shipping your product with a carrier who provides tracking and insurance options. Corsair is not liable for lost or stolen packages.

Can you please provide detailed instructions as to what to do? Where it says 'place postage here' do I put a regular postage stamp? Where do I drop the package? etc.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Dr_SnM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 710240
Dr_SnM Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Never mind. I found the comment that says take it to UPS. I was just confused by the instructions on the label.

Thanks

Old 05-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Anum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 710726
Anum Reputation: 10

Hi,

I have had my Silver/Blue K70 for about 6-7 months now. Unfortunately my first key light (Page Up) has went out on me. I am worried after reading through this thread that many more will go out soon. I had made an express RMA on May 4th, but did not hear anything from Corsair so I got in touch with them today.

Corsair had told me my product was discontinued. It would have been nice to notify me of this while you held my money for an express RMA.. I was offered one option, a keyboard that was Gunmetal/Red. This does not work for me since my Rig is set up with all lights being blue. So I cancelled my RMA.

It's upsetting to me that I have no real replacement option for this higher end keyboard. I have always thought highly of Corsair's products that's my rig has the K70 keyboard, M95 mouse, 16 GB of Vengeance RAM, 256GB Neutron SSD, HX 750, and Hydro H60.

Has anyone with a Silver/Blue K70 had any real options given to them from Corsair. Ex. Any color/Blue, Refund, trade up and pay the difference?

Thank you

Last edited by Anum; 05-12-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Dims's PC Specs

POST ID # = 710735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anum View Post
Hi,

I have had my Silver/Blue K70 for about 6-7 months now. Unfortunately my first key light (Page Up) has went out on me. I am worried after reading through this thread that many more will go out soon. I had made an express RMA on May 4th, but did not hear anything from Corsair so I got in touch with them today.

Corsair had told me my product was discontinued. It would have been nice to notify me of this while you held my money for an express RMA.. I was offered one option, a keyboard that was Gunmetal/Red. This does not work for me since my Rig is set up with all lights being blue. So I cancelled my RMA.

It's upsetting to me that I have no real replacement option for this higher end keyboard. I have always thought highly of Corsair's products that's my rig has the K70 keyboard, M95 mouse, 16 GB of Vengeance RAM, 256GB Neutron SSD, HX 750, and Hydro H60.

Has anyone with a Silver/Blue K70 had any real options given to them from Corsair. Ex. Any color/Blue, Refund, trade up and pay the difference?

Thank you
You would think a multimillion dollar company like Corsair would know how to treat customers. People paid good money for Silver/Blue LED keyboard. The only option you give them for replacement is a Black/Red version is wrong.

Corsair should give Silver/Blue K70 owners a choice.

A) Black/Blue K95 for replacement
B) Wait on RGB keyboard to be released and pay the price difference

Now that would show people that Corsair stands behind its products and wants customers to be happy with the purchase they made. Corsair should remember they sell more than just keyboards. You don't do the right thing now it could cost future business.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 710747
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

Hello Anum and Dims,

If you have concerns over the replacement options I would suggest responding in your ticket or calling customer service so that we can help you with this. We simply do not provide a customer a "take it or leave it" option.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 710748
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Regarding the RGB, we have never had a paid upgrade option, and the RGB is not out yet, so it will not be a replacement option.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:05 PM

POST ID # = 711017
MystK Reputation: 10

I have been following this issue for a very long time. I have also had LEDs die on my silver/blue K70 keyboard. Reading through these forums and hearing everyone's RMA story showed me that RMAing the product was a nightmare. Instead of RMAing it, I purchased a new one. Unfortunately, it has also happened to my second keyboard. I am not sure how widespread this issue is, but these are the facts:

1. Many silver/blue compared to black/red keyboard owners have also had LED issues
2. The silver/blue K70 keyboards are discontinued

Just from these facts alone, it can be inferred that there is most likely a problem with the keyboards. I think this is an inherent problem with manufacturing and producing of products. There's a chance that a certain product or line of products might have a manufacturing flaw or defect. I think many of us understand that, but what most of us are frustrated about is how Corsair is handling it. Instead of providing an official statement about it, Corsair is trying to quietly handle it. Instead of offering an apology and providing the best customer service they can, Corsair chooses to ignore their customers.

In summary, I wish Corsair could have handled this incident better. Even in the beginning when Corsair only produced RAM, I recommended your brand to all of my friends. I manufactured your Dominator RAM and told my friends to buy Corsair because they didn't outsource. I believe in your product quality and understand that the silver/blue K70 was a fluke, but it has shown me that Corsair is lacking in the customer support area, and I think that is just as if more more important than the product itself.

I am very active in the DIY computer world and own my own custom computer business. I will now have doubts recommending your product to others.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:39 PM

POST ID # = 711226
setsunil Reputation: 10

Hey guys, the brown and blue switch "black and red light" K70 are available on Amazon. That's the evidence that they using poor blue led's. They found the problem but still insist the led's are well, because they don't want to take the responsibility. How shame on you, Corsair?

Old 05-23-2014, 09:26 AM

POST ID # = 711881
dinosaur Reputation: 10
Angry

Saddly, my K70 MX Blue keyboard (which is just 6 months old) got a first dead LED this morning... >:-(

Old 05-26-2014, 05:00 AM
SethKinast's PC Specs

POST ID # = 712248
SethKinast Reputation: 10

My RMA'd k70 lost two LEDs this evening after 4 months. This is so frustrating.

I use a lot of Corsair gear. Hx620, h100i, tons of RAM across most of my builds, a microATX case, and more. After the debacle this keyboard has been I will never purchase another Corsair product.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:57 PM
gpvecchi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 712824
gpvecchi Reputation: 10

Ticket opened on first days of April, still no replacement boards for blue K70...
I have to say I'm not happy of this customer service...

Closed Thread