The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 10:02 AM
mindleak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 661677
mindleak Reputation: 10

Did anyone else's keyboard have a few keys that didn't appear to be "painted" all the way?

I had 2 keys that had light bleeding through the edges of them (few dots of a black Sharpie fixed it) and one of the bases of the G keys (G12 to be exact) has light coming through that looks like it wasn't fully sprayed with the black coating.

I hope this isn't an indication of what happened a long time ago with a Logitech keyboard I had... I had one of the first of those and Logitech ended up replacing them as they forgot to spray on the final protective coating on the first run batch.

It's not the end of the world, as I fixed the 2 keys you can really see and the keyboard works great (no wobbling), but it seems like something that may have been overlooked by quality control and might want to have someone look at.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 661707
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindleak View Post
Did anyone else's keyboard have a few keys that didn't appear to be "painted" all the way?

I had 2 keys that had light bleeding through the edges of them (few dots of a black Sharpie fixed it) and one of the bases of the G keys (G12 to be exact) has light coming through that looks like it wasn't fully sprayed with the black coating.

I hope this isn't an indication of what happened a long time ago with a Logitech keyboard I had... I had one of the first of those and Logitech ended up replacing them as they forgot to spray on the final protective coating on the first run batch.

It's not the end of the world, as I fixed the 2 keys you can really see and the keyboard works great (no wobbling), but it seems like something that may have been overlooked by quality control and might want to have someone look at.
Our keys are actually laser etched. Can you take some pictures though of what you're experiencing?

Old 06-26-2013, 05:53 PM
mindleak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 661778

Attached is a picture I took with my phone.

The red circle is where it looks like the black paint wasn't finished, you can see the light coming through just that key while others are fine. That's the only key I've spotted with that defect.

The red rectangle is the area I was talking about the other light leaks. It wasn't necessarily on that key, but that's the area it was, on the edges of the tops of the keys. It was on maybe 3 keys, but on the top edges, were little dots where the light was coming through. Almost like the black coating got chipped off or something. I should have taken pictures of that too but I already fixed them with Sharpie. I think one of the spots was the top line 5 key on the top right corner edge.

I had to scale it down to fit as an attachment.

Here is the original size: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5Cu...it?usp=sharing

I can also take a photo with a real digital camera if you need a more detailed photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130626_163044.jpg (550.4 KB, 249 views)

Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM
mindleak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 661782

And now that I'm studying my keys and turning nit-picky... I noticed a lot of the keys aren't etched in line with each other... for example, the V key etch sits quite a bit lower than the C and B keys it's in between.

And the H key is etched crooked.

Also not the end of the world, but now that I started studying the keys looking for other light leaks, I've noticed this, lol

Attached are examples of those.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130626_170126.jpg (516.5 KB, 260 views)

Old 06-26-2013, 06:15 PM

POST ID # = 661783
fishymamba Reputation: 10

Quote:
I have the same thing with my K95, same key actually, but it feels like the key was chipped. Not a big deal for me.

Have been using this keyboard for a bit over a month now and I love it. It is probably the best looking keyboard on the market right now. The back light is SUPER bright, I just wish that it had RGB LEDs, but white works for me!

Hopefully this keyboard will last at least 3 years, and with its great build quality, it probably will, not that sure about the LEDs...

Thinking about getting a mouse now, not sure if I should get the M60 or M65. Or maybe some other branded mouse(R.A.T. 5)

Old 06-26-2013, 07:20 PM
mindleak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 661796

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymamba View Post
I have the same thing with my K95, same key actually, but it feels like the key was chipped. Not a big deal for me.

Have been using this keyboard for a bit over a month now and I love it. It is probably the best looking keyboard on the market right now. The back light is SUPER bright, I just wish that it had RGB LEDs, but white works for me!

Hopefully this keyboard will last at least 3 years, and with its great build quality, it probably will, not that sure about the LEDs...

Thinking about getting a mouse now, not sure if I should get the M60 or M65. Or maybe some other branded mouse(R.A.T. 5)
Well I found one of the keys I fixed, and you're right, it does feel chipped.

And now I ended up rubbing off the Sharpie, lol, damn.

But now I have a photo of it, so attached is the photo of said defect.

And regarding your mouse, I just got an M65 and am pretty happy with it. Though it keeps freezing randomly. The lights stay on, buttons still work, can still left and right click, scroll, etc... but the cursor won't move. I can't blame the mouse yet though, I moved it to a different USB port and the issue hasn't come back yet... though it's the first device to have an issue with that port. I had a RAT 7 and had nothing but trouble with it, even after 2 replacements... I finally gave up.

Now off to find my Sharpie again.

Also, original size: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5Cu...it?usp=sharing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130626_181146.jpg (468.2 KB, 309 views)

Old 06-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 661947

Quote:
Well I found one of the keys I fixed, and you're right, it does feel chipped.

And now I ended up rubbing off the Sharpie, lol, damn.

But now I have a photo of it, so attached is the photo of said defect.

And regarding your mouse, I just got an M65 and am pretty happy with it. Though it keeps freezing randomly. The lights stay on, buttons still work, can still left and right click, scroll, etc... but the cursor won't move. I can't blame the mouse yet though, I moved it to a different USB port and the issue hasn't come back yet... though it's the first device to have an issue with that port. I had a RAT 7 and had nothing but trouble with it, even after 2 replacements... I finally gave up.

Now off to find my Sharpie again.

Also, original size: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5Cu...it?usp=sharing

Hi Mindleak, can I get the serial number for your keyboard? We'd like to investigate as that is not acceptable. Let me know if you have any other issues with your mouse as well and we'll replace both devices (once they're in stock) for you if need be.

Last edited by RAM GUY; 06-27-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 PM
mindleak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 661983

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Hi Mindleak, can I get the serial number for your keyboard? We'd like to investigate as that is not acceptable. Let me know if you have any other issues with your mouse as well and we'll replace both devices (once they're in stock) for you if need be.
I wasn't sure which one is the serial, so I've attached photos of the UPC code areas on both the keyboard and mouse.

Regarding the mouse issue, it did unfortunately freak out again on me today, so switching USB ports didn't fix it.

If it helps any, I purchased them both from Newegg at the same time a couple weeks ago.

Replacements would definitely be appreciated. The keyboard still works wonderfully, you guys made a great product... but my OCD likes to kick in now that I've noticed the problems with some of the keys, lol. The mouse though, it likes to get me killed in games when it jumps across the screen and stops tracking movement, lol.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg k95upc.jpg (738.0 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg m65upc.jpg (726.8 KB, 335 views)

Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 662712

Quote:
I wasn't sure which one is the serial, so I've attached photos of the UPC code areas on both the keyboard and mouse.

Regarding the mouse issue, it did unfortunately freak out again on me today, so switching USB ports didn't fix it.

If it helps any, I purchased them both from Newegg at the same time a couple weeks ago.

Replacements would definitely be appreciated. The keyboard still works wonderfully, you guys made a great product... but my OCD likes to kick in now that I've noticed the problems with some of the keys, lol. The mouse though, it likes to get me killed in games when it jumps across the screen and stops tracking movement, lol.

Thanks for the images! Let me know your RMA number so I can take care of everything for you.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:26 PM
mindleak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 662775

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Thanks for the images! Let me know your RMA number so I can take care of everything for you.
Well it didn't create an RMA for me... it created a ticket for review... I guess I picked the wrong options? And it only shows the keyboard on the ticket even though I added the mouse as well.

But the ticket number is 6054451

I'd love to try to do an advance replacement as it would be a pain in the butt to send these back first, as I would have to switch out a few keyboards and mice with other PCs in my house to get it back to how it was originally set up

Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 PM

POST ID # = 662882
Jhya Reputation: 10
Default Uneven wobbly base also - K95

Hi, I also received a K95 that's uneven at the base. When I place it on my computer desk, the upper right corner is higher than the rest of the keyboard.

I just submitted an RMA and my ticket number is #6054487.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:06 AM
lilzombies's PC Specs

POST ID # = 663755
lilzombies Reputation: 10

Hi RAM Guy I just received my new Corsair K95 keyboard today which seems to be uneven / wobbly. It also appears to have a few marks around the G-Keys. Do you guys provide support / cover for UK based customers?

Thanks,

Old 07-08-2013, 08:30 PM

POST ID # = 663870
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

@lilzombies

Yes, they provide support for UK customers. RMAs are worldwide.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:45 AM
lilzombies's PC Specs

POST ID # = 664153
lilzombies Reputation: 10

Hi Toasted,

Thank you for the response. Do you know how long the RMA process takes? I know Corsair only have 2 RMA HQs, 1 in the US and the other in Holland or something.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 664184

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilzombies View Post
Hi Toasted,

Thank you for the response. Do you know how long the RMA process takes? I know Corsair only have 2 RMA HQs, 1 in the US and the other in Holland or something.
We actually have 3 places to return items to: Almere in Netherlands, Hayward in California, and Taiwan.