The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2019, 08:17 PM

POST ID # = 1019282
silverr Reputation: 10
Default K95 RGB Platinum died?

Hi all, yesterday my keyboard was working fine (apart from a few keys that would have red RGB lighting no matter what lighting design I was using), and today I went to go get onto my PC and the RGB lit up but the keyboard itself wasn't working. I restarted my PC, still didn't work. I tried switching USB ports (tried everyone on my machine) and it still didn't work and by this point the RGB wasn't even coming on. I left for about an hour and came back and my keyboard now has a single red light lit up on the bar at the top right. Any ideas if its dead or what happened?

Old 09-26-2019, 05:38 PM
David Butler's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019345
David Butler Reputation: 10

Since the last update, my K95 Platinum will also randomly hard freeze, icue will stop and I have to cold reboot because I'm in a game where I can't get out without the keyboard or Cntrl-Alt-Delete. Typing this now on an old Logitech keyboard that just works whenever I plug it in without software. I've got void pro rgb, dark core se, k95 platinum, st100 headphone stand, corsair case and memory. This is new behavior. I have to climb under my desk, unplug the dual keyboard plugs, reboot, plug back in and hope it works. Has taken a couple of times to be recognized. Like OP, not sure if K95 is going bad or it's an iCue problem, but it always happens in the middle of a game. My k95 about 6 months old. Anyone got any troubleshooting help? Not sure how to troubleshoot a keyboard, as I've never had a problem with one before.

Tags
broken, k95