Corsair Community

Questions before a possible purchase of a Corsair one i160

1990.kenneth

Hello there!

I'm a enthusiast gamer with a job that requires long term business travels. I came across the corsair one by youtube reviewers and I was impressed. However, there are some question I would like to ask before I commit to save money.

Ambient temperature:

I currently live in north Finland which is an area with high seasonal temperature variation, e.g. during winter the ambient temperature can be on average -30 degrees celsius while summer can in periods be above +30 degrees celsius. Could this high ambient summer temperature cause performance problems for corsair one i160?

Custom components:

I learned that that we can change the hard drives and ram in the corsair one. Would it be possible to ask for a custom made corsair one with the desired upgrade on ram and hard drives (e.g. ram with higher speed and m.2 with larger storage)? It would save me time and money by not buying additional components, replacing them and possibly damaging the corsair one unit in the process.

I'm also interested in knowing if its possible to order with a Z390 motherboard. I don't know if this affects gaming performance, but I assume it has some positive effect. If this is not possible, thats fine, but I would really like to know why.

Appreciate any answer I can get.

Sincere

Kenneth Nilsen

• Corsair Employee

Hey there, 1990.kenneth, thanks for your interest in the i160. It should have no problem with the temps in Finland, we have had a couple customers there already! Just be sure to give the unit space around it so that it has proper ventilation.

Unfortunately, we only have the models sold as pre-configured, but you can certainly replace the RAM and Hard drives without voiding warranty. Just keep them in mind and let support know if you ever have to tap into the warranty.

1990.kenneth, although not sanctioned by Corsair, the i160 is essentially able to be fully upgraded, with the slight possibility that the GPU might be harder (although the RTX2080ti should have many years of performance potential).

I and others have already replaced essentially all internal items (except the GPU).

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=186466

This is a great computer out of the box and a great enthusiast platform for modding as well.

Hope that helps...

Edited by RodT

Hello there!

Many thanks for the time to answer my questions. Really appreciated.

I've taken some time to look through the forum and I'm convinced that Corsair has carefully picked parts for the corsair one to optimise the thermals for the cpu and gpu. It is known that higher performing m.2 and ram can significantly increase the temperatures as they have their own cooling solutions in extreme cases, but this is usually ignored as normal midi towers are quite spacious and wont be affected.

I have decided to save money for corsair one, hopefully I'll afford it by the end of summer. However, I don't think I will customise it unless a significant improvement in performance is guaranteed. I do believe that Corsair have looked through the alternatives already and done their homework on this product.

I do, however, wonder if anyone has tried my currently favorite games: Apex, BF5, PUBG and/or COD: BO4 on this product with 1080p, 1440p and/or 2160p resolution and has some indicated of expected average fps and temperature during gameplay?

Sincere

kenneth Nilsen.

Some reviews that have the listed performance on some of these titles or comparable ones at various resolutions:

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

There is a ton of reviews out there that show the units rather good performance.

Edited by thinkflight

• Corsair Employee
Hello there!

Many thanks for the time to answer my questions. Really appreciated.

I've taken some time to look through the forum and I'm convinced that Corsair has carefully picked parts for the corsair one to optimise the thermals for the cpu and gpu. It is known that higher performing m.2 and ram can significantly increase the temperatures as they have their own cooling solutions in extreme cases, but this is usually ignored as normal midi towers are quite spacious and wont be affected.

I have decided to save money for corsair one, hopefully I'll afford it by the end of summer. However, I don't think I will customise it unless a significant improvement in performance is guaranteed. I do believe that Corsair have looked through the alternatives already and done their homework on this product.

I do, however, wonder if anyone has tried my currently favorite games: Apex, BF5, PUBG and/or COD: BO4 on this product with 1080p, 1440p and/or 2160p resolution and has some indicated of expected average fps and temperature during gameplay?

Sincere

kenneth Nilsen.

Yup, the parts were specifically chosen and then tested to ensure full performance while fitting in with the thermal design. I don't exact results for those games, but we have heard great results from a lot of our customers who do play them. Especially with Apex, as that seems to be the big game at the moment.

Hello there!

Many thanks once again for your time and patience to answer my questions. I'll be looking forward to see if the economics goes my way and I'll have my own Corsair one i160 by beginning of autumn.

Sincere

kenneth Nilsen

• 3 weeks later...
Hello there!

Sincere

kenneth Nilsen.

With my i160 the following using a 27" Asus PG279Q IPS 165hz G-Sync (I always have G-Sync On)

BFV 1440P - everything max DX12 on but no DLS - 140-165 fps

PUBG 1440P - everything max - 155-165 fps (mostly 165)

Apex Legends - everything max - pretty much 165 fps

Temps under gaming load steady off @ 60 degrees C for both GPU and CPU. I use MSI afterburner to monitor.

This machine is a beast

Hello there!

With my i160 the following using a 27" Asus PG279Q IPS 165hz G-Sync (I always have G-Sync On)

BFV 1440P - everything max DX12 on but no DLS - 140-165 fps

PUBG 1440P - everything max - 155-165 fps (mostly 165)

Apex Legends - everything max - pretty much 165 fps

Temps under gaming load steady off @ 60 degrees C for both GPU and CPU. I use MSI afterburner to monitor.

This machine is a beast

This looks really great! Very pleased with this information, thank you.

Sincere

Kenneth Nilsen

Hello there!

I recently discovered there's a new model, i165 which feature a 960GB NVME ssd instead of 460. It appears to be only available in the US. I'm assuming this is gonna be available in EU as well. I would like to know an estimation of when it would be able to be purchased in EU and an estimation of price if possible.

Many thanks in advance.

Sincere

Kenneth Nilsen