Corsair Community

K70 mk2 rgb rapidfire

maniek123

First of I would like to start off with the fact that i love the switches. I love the clicky-ness . There is one thing that is driving me nuts though no matter what surface i put it on it makes that metallic resonance sound especially around the edges. The guys at best buy hate me cause i have swapped the keyboard in exchange 5 times. Is there a fix for this does this go away with time. This is the best switch that I have used so far . Please provide insight. lol --> if i pound on it like a gorilla will it make the noise go away. The keyboard feels hollow on the inside just like the razer hunstman (total waste of money btw).

to corsair mods.... any plans to create a padding kit of some sort that will allow for taking off the op plate and putting it over the board in order to make the noise go away. :confused:

do any of the corsair mods read these.,... make your frames quieter. The switches are great, the design and look is awesome , but the noise is insane and all on a 169 dollar keyboard. Will there be a revised version coming out soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to see that that razer has the same problem on the huntsman, and k95 tends to have that too, my friend lucked out and got a quiet one. Is there anything other than putting it on a padded surface, that i can do to quiet it down i don't care about voiding the warranty. I see a lot of people put insulation padding behind the board , would that damage it or any shape or form, cause a sort of a static discharge. This is my first mechanical keyboard and i was looking forward to a clicky clack, not "bing bing bong bong" along typing . I love the keyboard other wise and wouldn't change it for the world. Is Corsair planning on making a revised version of this keyboard or is this going to be the status quo for now. i know it's not the switches making the noise because if you let the legs in the back snap back in with momentum it makes the same noise.

As long as i'm not the only one with the issue i guess I feel better. Thankfully ik got this kboard for $99 at best buy on sale.

I have the K70 mk2 Se white version and 30% of the switches do this sound, at first i was annoyed but honestly it's not a big deal for me anymore and i decided to live with it.

I'd rather have this metallic surface and have this silly sound than have a plastic base and no sound if you ask me.

It's definitelly something that needs to improve honestly, and it's not just that, this wrist rest is outdated AF :P.

There is nothing close to the quality of the K70 mk2 Se in the market right now and trust me i have done a lot of investigation in the Market for a keyboard.

I am grateful to Corsair for giving us a keyboard like this, I had like 600 Euros Razer peripherals myself, everything felt cheap AF and most died within a year of normal use where Corsair at least is giving a lot of quality with Metal/Alluminium frames on many products which gives the feeling that it's a premium product.

Hi Maniek,

We do actually have quieter keyboards. It's just that aluminum frame, you know? The Strafe MK2 is basically the K70, but with a plastic frame. That helps a lot with the noise.

Why does everyone keep saying this? I disassembled a Strafe RGB for a deep clean and the white diffuser is magnetic. Last time I checked, plastic doesn't have this magnetic property. You can even see where the backplate screws down on the keyboard, it's bare metal.

I have the K70 mk2 Se white version and 30% of the switches do this sound, at first i was annoyed but honestly it's not a big deal for me anymore and i decided to live with it.

I'd rather have this metallic surface and have this silly sound than have a plastic base and no sound if you ask me.

It's definitelly something that needs to improve honestly, and it's not just that, this wrist rest is outdated AF :P.

There is nothing close to the quality of the K70 mk2 Se in the market right now and trust me i have done a lot of investigation in the Market for a keyboard.

I am grateful to Corsair for giving us a keyboard like this, I had like 600 Euros Razer peripherals myself, everything felt cheap AF and most died within a year of normal use where Corsair at least is giving a lot of quality with Metal/Alluminium frames on many products which gives the feeling that it's a premium product.

Agreed..... I hate to say this but it feels good not to be alone in the woods. I did a lot of research and i know that this is the best keyboard / bang for the buck on the market. I guess just as with anything if they will want to survive in the market they will need to listen to the customers that are voicing their concern and reply back to it with improvements to their product.

Why does everyone keep saying this? I disassembled a Strafe RGB for a deep clean and the white diffuser is magnetic. Last time I checked, plastic doesn't have this magnetic property. You can even see where the backplate screws down on the keyboard, it's bare metal.

With that said, did anybody on this forum ever took it apart and insulated it with craft foam/padding? With that said what are the materials/brand name that you have used please share what precautions you have taken not to mess up the keyboard.

With that said, did anybody on this forum ever took it apart and insulated it with craft foam/padding? With that said what are the materials/brand name that you have used please share what precautions you have taken not to mess up the keyboard.

Are you directing this at Corsair or at me?

If at me, then i just read a guide on the internet to disassemble it. Be very careful when removing the plastic piece on top of the painted switch backplate as you otherwise may break some of the clips that hold it like I did. You can also take off the backplate with a few screws and disconnecting some cables. I didn't do a full disassembly, I just got to where i needed to, cleaned the keyboard and put it back together.

The guide I used is in this thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/v2/showthread.php?t=158157

• 2 weeks later...