Corsair Community

Commander Pro temperature probe values

ivg

Hi,

I just set up Commander Pro and hooked up all the temperature probes, but they do seem to display values offset by +600°C:

icue.png

Its the same whether viewed in iCue or Link.

Device firmware version is 0.08.210 and a reflash does not help.

Do I just have a faulty unit, or can this be fixed with software?

Thanks

They are, I used kapton tape to attach the VRM ones, GPU backplate one is just pushed against the backplate and the radiator one is pushed between the fins.

It does not matter if I disconnect any or connect them one by one, temperature still reads with the same offset

Hmmmm ... intersting. At the very least, the radiator one should read correctly.

These work by measuring resistance (they are standard 10KOhm probes) ... so is it possible that they are run by something causing some kind of EM interference on the cable itself?

These work by measuring resistance (they are standard 10KOhm probes) ... so is it possible that they are run by something causing some kind of EM interference on the cable itself?

I measured resistance on all 4 and one is ~7.5kOhm, two are ~8.2 kOhm and one was ~10kOhm. All seem to be within acceptable limits. All wires are running against a case and there seem to be no obvious EM source anywhere within ~2 metres...

What makes my spidey senses tingle is the fact that dropping that 600 degree offset temperatures seem to make sense as measured by an IR thermometer :sigh!:

Anything with current is a potential EM source. Like power cables.

Try pulling one out of the case and just having it connected ... without it being routed to anything. While I strongly suspect that this won't make any different at all, it'd be a final test to validate.

The resistance, btw, changes with temperature. That's how it actually gets the reading.

Try pulling one out of the case and just having it connected

Have already done that Sir, same deal. Temperature change was registering in the software while I was touching/not touching it.

Tried also uninstalling both Link and iCue with removing all profiles but that did not change anything...

I did not have that installed, but tried it and it's reporting the same thing:

hwinfo.png

Think it might be hw problem after all - thanks for the help mate. I'm going to get a replacement unit and see if that fixes it

Yeah, that is one of the weirder things I have seen. I can't believe it even registers values in the 600C range. HWINFO will cause wacky readings on the temps probes when run at the same time as iCUE, but nothing like that. It is usually 0.0C or an also clearly erroneous 100C+ value. I have never seen it do anything like this.

I am afraid that may not explain the disappearing DRAM temps between Link and iCUE though, which I think is why we were curious about other monitoring programs.

I am afraid that may not explain the disappearing DRAM temps between Link and iCUE though, which I think is why we were curious about other monitoring programs.

Yeah, I'm not even sure if it should display those or not as never used the software before - but sure like to be able to monitor those RAM temps as on my mobo one of the banks is right besides a VRM and seen it go to 52C when overclocked and under load

Hmm. That is bizarre. I was going to suggest re-flashing the firmware then saw that you already tried that. Have you double checked the Co-Pro power connections? Grasping at straws... Edited by SpeedyV

• 2 years later...
Make sure you are not running other monitoring programs that poll the Corsair internal devices (HWiNFO, AIDA, HWMon, etc). You usually get garbage data across the board (12v rail = 3.3v, 216C, 35,000 rpm). The installed version of HWiNFO can cause this even if not running. 99% of the time you get bad data, it's a software conflict. This user was the exception.

• 2 months later...
same problem also me only that it worked for me two days ago and after changing motherboard and power supply with attached cable management. so I wonder if the problem may be that the cables are too attached to current sources ?? moreover, even the number one probe of the hydro x does not transmit correct data

then, I turned off all the other programs but the problem remains so I tried the commander on a computer of a friend of mine and the sensors had very normal values ​​so I wonder what can it be ??? some setting of the rog formula x570 ?? because commander pro works he is not the problem

Just a question, but are the drivers installed for your motherboard chipset? I noticed on my system that when I first install Windows, iCUE will report my Commander Pro temps as way off, as well as my fan RPM measurements. After installing the specific chipset drivers for my motherboard, the problem disappeared. It could simply be that the specific USB chipset driver for your motherboard is not present or is corrupt.

then I hope it can be the solution for all those who have such a problem. yesterday I unplugged the commander and went to my friend's house to test it on his system, he too has installed programs such as hwinfo etc ..., I proceed to install the commander and connect all the cables, we turn on the system and go du ICUE , magically it works the sensor temperatures are normal. ok the commander is not broken so it is not his fault, today I go home for lunch and I make attempts by exclusion, using a second power supply and a bridge to start the power supply I try to power the commander externally by connecting it to my rog formula, and look a little the temperatures are normal, ok I disconnect everything and always with only one sensor connected I attach the commander to my 1200 watt rog thor power supply and it magically works. now tonight i will separate all cables and surely i already know that the problem is a source of em that was being transmitted i don't know how to commander