Corsair Community

Corsair PSU Failing?

JJMBradley

Hi,

I have a predominantly Corsair build which is sadly restarting under load when gaming. I noticed the problem about a month ago, and did a full rebuild last weekend to try and help. That really cleared things up for a few days but now I've got the same issue. It happens when gaming and I assume it is a load point because I can play for c. 90 mins without restarting but once it restarts it can only manage another c. 30 mins before restarting again. I have logs of the temps, fan speeds, and voltages etc. and can provide any further info if someone can help me diagnose the problem?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

I have a predominantly Corsair build which is sadly restarting under load when gaming. I noticed the problem about a month ago, and did a full rebuild last weekend to try and help. That really cleared things up for a few days but now I've got the same issue. It happens when gaming and I assume it is a load point because I can play for c. 90 mins without restarting but once it restarts it can only manage another c. 30 mins before restarting again. I have logs of the temps, fan speeds, and voltages etc. and can provide any further info if someone can help me diagnose the problem?

Thanks

I wouldn't say it's the PSU for sure. Do you not have any other PSU you can use to see if the problem persists?

I wouldn't say it's the PSU for sure. Do you not have any other PSU you can use to see if the problem persists?

Not another one which has sufficient power unfortunately. Any ideas how I can stress test the other components? I've tried Heavenbench and Cinebench and both of those don't cause any restarts.

I must admit that PSU is about the last thing I would suspect with this. Could be but more likely to be the motherboard. I know its really difficult but you need to try to replace various items to see if you can tie it down further.

I must admit that PSU is about the last thing I would suspect with this. Could be but more likely to be the motherboard. I know its really difficult but you need to try to replace various items to see if you can tie it down further.

I have 3 AM4 CPUs, 3 AM4 motherboards and a pile of power supplies etc.

I am constantly retrofitting my gaming rig when games are < 60fps at 4K