Corsair Community

How do I make a key with a toggle light effect?

skrybe

This is probably really simple but I'm just not seeing it.

I'd like to set it up so toggle-able keys (Caps Lock, Num Lock, Scroll Lock) are red when they're active and blue when they're not. Is this possible?

Never mind, I figured it out. Not sure if this is the best way, but it seems to work. If there is a better (right) way to do this happy to hear it.

Added a gradient effect with the colour red, set it to start on key pressed and stop on key press.

So the first key press turns it red, a second key press turns it off again.

Oh, and if you want all three "toggle keys" to do this, they each have to have their own lighting effect created. If you attach all three to the same effect they all light up when you push one of the buttons.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Biggest problem is they can get out of sync. (where the key is lit when it's toggled off, which is the opposite of what we want.)

Devs, is there any way to make effects that only activate when a toggle key is toggled on? (Caps-Lock, Scroll-Lock, & Num-Lock.) If not, please consider this a feature-request (Along with being able to activate macros and profile-switches with key-combos instead of just single keypresses.)

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure how this gets out of sync. With either gradient or solid and the start/stop on key press, it becomes a definite toggle effect with no timing (despite the lighting time box). Make sure this is on top of all other lighting effects to keep it dominant.

You can use the same effect for multiple keys if you check the "play on pressed key" box. However, if you want different colors for different keys, you will need separate lighting effects for each.