Corsair Community

iCUE keeps asking to reset to default

parsokon

Hi guys,

So I have installed my new Scimitar Pro RGB and created a custom profile with non-standard controls.

It all works, but every 1/2 days on PC start iCUE is trying to reset me to a default profile.. (smth like "your profile does not match the deafult, resolve this problem by clicking safe or not not"). The problem is that that if I did not answer that question the mouse resets to very slow and hardly usable option.

And yes my profile is not standard, but it is not a probalem! I did create a custom profile to be custom. And I want it as default for me..

Is there a button like "don't ask me that question every second"? I don't see one. or smth similar? Get's really frustrating in few month of usage now.

Thanks

It's telling you the hardware profile (HW) saved to the mouse does not match the one stored in the CUE software. Presumably, you created or altered one of the HW profiles for the mouse. You just need to save it to the device to make it work and stop the reminder you didn't save it. Click on the HW 1-3 you changed, go to the onboard profiles tab, and then tell it which save slot to overwrite with the new profile. It does make sense to keep your HW profiles and save slots matching.

It seems like you are using the software and thus the HW profiles don't really matter for your normal use. HW profiles are only active when CUE is not running. Your software profiles are in control when CUE is active. Which ever software profile is at the top of the list will be the default profile. HW profiles cannot be default or viable software profiles. If you made all your changes in the HW Profile, you will need to do it again in a software profile.