Corsair Community

Everytime i turn pc on, iCue creates and switches profiles on its own

MisterBubbs

So ive recently bought an k70 mk.2 rapidfire low profile keyboard and ive been loving it. that being said it has been giving me a huge amount of troubles regarding lighting and profiles. everytime i turn my pc on the keyboard has either no colour in it or it has the default colour wave, not the custom lighting i made for it. when i try to open iCue to see whats the problem. i see it switched to a proifile which was created on its own. to make things worse, i cannot fix the problem by just switching back to my profile and forgetting about the problem since everytime i close iCue it will just switch on its own to the profile that got created! this is really frusturating as i cant seem to find a solution online to this problem.

is there any way to make it stop switching profiles on its own? and is there a way to all together prevent the software from creating profiles i do not want?

any help would be appreciated!

Can you post a screen shot of what you see in the iCUE profiles menu?

There are two kinds of profiles - hardware (HW) and software profiles. Your keyboard will generate three HW profiles used to store settings to the keyboard. They are named something like K70P HW1, HW2 HW3 and with a white icon vs the open SD icon of a software profile. These should not be used as your normal working profile on the desktop. Move them to the bottom of the list so they are not in the way.

Your software profiles are created when you click the + icon at the top and it generates a numeric placeholder name for it. The "default" profile generated the first time you load iCUE is a software profile, but it has no special properties and it will not be the actual default profile unless it is in the top position on the list. Whichever software profile is top will be loaded when CUE loads as the default unless it has been assigned as a linked profile to any .exe program or if it's a hardware profile.

no matter what i try to do now i cant seem to recreate the problem, it just dissapired somehow.. i messed with the settings and probably fixed it without realising. the profiles no longer gets create(as of now) but the profile was the HW ones you're talking about, it used to creatre 3 for my keyboard and 3 for my mouse both containing the name of the device with an HW at the end. hopefuly i do not encounter that problem again. that being said though, when i turn on my pc my keyboard still does not light until i manualy turn icue on. plus a new concern for me is that sometimes it does not recognize my keyboard and i have to replug it