Corsair Community

Wireless VOID headset mic not working

The Last Thing

I'll try to give a more detailed list hopefully later (yay Black Friday week) but this is what I've found so far.

Programs that work: Skype, Mumble, and Teamspeak

Programs that don't work: Steam and possibly all voice chat games that use steam (Team Fortress 2, Rocket League, and possibly Grand Theft Auto 5)

More and more I think it's an issue with Steam, but I would think if it was then more people would have posted about it since I'm sure a lot of people who use the corsair void would probably use Steam.

I'll try to give a more detailed list hopefully later (yay Black Friday week) but this is what I've found so far.

Programs that work: Skype, Mumble, and Teamspeak

Programs that don't work: Steam and possibly all voice chat games that use steam (Team Fortress 2, Rocket League, and possibly Grand Theft Auto 5)

More and more I think it's an issue with Steam, but I would think if it was then more people would have posted about it since I'm sure a lot of people who use the corsair void would probably use Steam.

I'm using the corsair void with everything.. :): Have NO issues with steam or any other program. :):

Works with steam calls, works in CS:GO and other steam games as well .. so defo. not the headset :):.. must be another thing on your computer interfering :):

Can I add that I myself am having issues with my wireless Void. The microphone does not work, even within Windows control panel recording devices ( no bars going up) and in any programs that need to use it. (not muted BTW) I wonder if its a windows 10 compatibility issues, as it all worked fine until I change the defaults about, but still wont come back. It has however, at times, lost audio playback and regained mic pickup. The problems can also start when switching to the mic etc within programs like teamspeak.

Just realised also, that if I enable side tone I can hear the mic picking up voice, but still nothing through windows/teamspeak etc.

@The Last Thing

Did you test the microphone within Steam? Is it working fine or it doesn't work? (After clicking test the you do not see any of the bars lighting up)

Yeah, I've tried it and nothing shows. Also I found it works with google. I'm guessing it's a steam issue although it could be a mix of that and windows 10.

Yeah, I've tried it and nothing shows. Also I found it works with google. I'm guessing it's a steam issue although it could be a mix of that and windows 10.

See if you can get any audio from the mic by enabling sidetone and turning it right up in the CUE software (it has a seperate mute and volume control, next to the mic control) , maybe this is more common than we think and a CUE/driver issue rather than anything else

Have you tried it while the headset is muted? Some in this forum mentioned that the mute indicator may be reporting the opposite, meaning if mute light and mute icon is activated headset will function normally and if the mute light if off and mute icon is inactive then the headset will be muted. If this is the case, here's a thread with the fix: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153554

Archived