The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2017, 06:14 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 894640
Corsair James Reputation: 75
Default New Feature Coming (2.11): Retain Key Output

Although some of you may disagree, I am always listening to the feedback of everyone who uses CUE and posts in this forum. While not everything can be implemented, I always try to see what we can do with common requests that fits within the UI logic of CUE 2.

One of these enhancements that I've been hearing for over a year now is having a key output the original function *and* any Action.

Therefore, in 2.11, we have implemented a brand new feature that a lot of people were asking for: Retain Key Output for all Actions.

This means in that in addition to being able to use the Action you bind to a key, you'll also retain the original output of the key. "A" can be A and switch profiles, for example. You can also have "A" and do macros, text, media keys, etc. I think this opens up to a lot of new customization that wasn't possible in CUE before. It is with the feedback of the community that we can do things like this so please always keep it coming, whether positive or negative (I'm used to the latter, haha...).

I hope you guys enjoy this new feature. 2.11 will be out to the public by Monday the 13th of March.
Attached Images
File Type: png Key Output.png (101.9 KB, 5159 views)

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:39 AM
Aremes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894675
Aremes Reputation: 10

Excellent! Thanks!

Old 03-11-2017, 04:17 AM
TerrorBlade's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894683
TerrorBlade Reputation: 10

Awesome news !! Been waiting for this a long time ! Thank you !

Old 03-11-2017, 07:58 AM

POST ID # = 894699
steadi Reputation: 10

Great!
Then, how would CUE determine to output original key or a macro?

Old 03-11-2017, 07:29 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 894776
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadi View Post
Great!
Then, how would CUE determine to output original key or a macro?
it doesnt, it outputs both A and the macro.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 03-11-2017, 07:52 PM
TerrorBlade's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Although some of you may disagree, I am always listening to the feedback of everyone who uses CUE and posts in this forum. While not everything can be implemented, I always try to see what we can do with common requests that fits within the UI logic of CUE 2.

One of these enhancements that I've been hearing for over a year now is having a key output the original function *and* any Action.

Therefore, in 2.11, we have implemented a brand new feature that a lot of people were asking for: Retain Key Output for all Actions.

This means in that in addition to being able to use the Action you bind to a key, you'll also retain the original output of the key. "A" can be A and switch profiles, for example. You can also have "A" and do macros, text, media keys, etc. I think this opens up to a lot of new customization that wasn't possible in CUE before. It is with the feedback of the community that we can do things like this so please always keep it coming, whether positive or negative (I'm used to the latter, haha...).

I hope you guys enjoy this new feature. 2.11 will be out to the public by Monday the 13th of March.
when should we expect this update to come ? Also when i click to check for updates inside CUE2 i get an error message. Is this a bug ?

Old 03-11-2017, 08:50 PM

POST ID # = 894782
Stonehaven Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorBlade View Post
when should we expect this update to come ? Also when i click to check for updates inside CUE2 i get an error message. Is this a bug ?
I believe he said it will be released March 13th.

I'm still trying to grap what this does... if I'm correct? It sound like;

I can add an action call it 'A' and make it G1 on my mouse then Remap Key to A, then I can go to macro and select the 'retain original key output' checkbox and record the macro I want.

Then when I use G1 it will retain "action A" and send its output as well as the macro I recordedin that action?

Old 03-11-2017, 10:53 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 894787
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehaven View Post

I'm still trying to grap what this does... if I'm correct? It sound like;

I can add an action call it 'A' and make it G1 on my mouse then Remap Key to A, then I can go to macro and select the 'retain original key output' checkbox and record the macro I want.

Then when I use G1 it will retain "action A" and send its output as well as the macro I recordedin that action?
No... If you have this enabled, what it will do is send a keys original output and the blinded macro. So say I bind macro "Jump" to the G-Key. When I press G, CUE will output G and the macro. Since G1 has no base output binding it to that would have no effect.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 03-12-2017, 04:58 AM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 894810
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄
Woah! "A" can be A and switch profiles, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post

Using 2.10, we already have this functionality for switching profiles; one defines a macro into which one inserts the keystroke action for the assigned key, and a secondary action of switching the profile. This technique enables CUE to have "state", so it can be programmed to play tic-tac-toe, for example, on the numeric keypad. Similarly for TEXT actions, one can define a "second action" to be a macro into which one could insert the keystroke action for the original key.

I haven't noticed the demand for retaining the original keypress on media keys, etc., but am looking forward to seeing how people will use the new capability.

Last edited by Comet ☄; 03-12-2017 at 05:16 AM.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:02 AM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 894811
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
No... If you have this enabled, what it will do is send a keys original output and the blinded macro. So say I bind macro "Jump" to the G-Key. When I press G, CUE will output G and the macro. Since G1 has no base output binding it to that would have no effect.
Odd. Hopefully it is well-defined in the release notes for text bindings whether the key's original output comes first or the redefined text, since defining the "G" (the letter) key may have outputs from the macro as well as its original meaning. Certainly, for TEXT actions, there is a "second action" that can be defined to a macro into which one can insert the keystroke action of the original key.

I concur that the "G1" (aka first of the G-keys) has no initial binding, so the new feature's checkbox would have no effect for this and other G-keys.

Last edited by Comet ☄; 03-12-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:05 AM
TerrorBlade's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehaven View Post
Silly me i didn't see that :P Thanks though

Old 03-15-2017, 08:55 AM

POST ID # = 895263
brainless Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet ☄ View Post
Using 2.10, we already have this functionality for switching profiles; one defines a macro into which one inserts the keystroke action for the assigned key, and a secondary action of switching the profile. This technique enables CUE to have "state", so it can be programmed to play tic-tac-toe, for example, on the numeric keypad. Similarly for TEXT actions, one can define a "second action" to be a macro into which one could insert the keystroke action for the original key.

I haven't noticed the demand for retaining the original keypress on media keys, etc., but am looking forward to seeing how people will use the new capability.
But this makes things much easier. Before this update you needed to add second macros to every key you want to use Actions and original output. Now you can just check this box and you are fine. Much easier to switch a Action to another key or and more Actions. Alot of people here want to start lighting effects on a key without losing the original functionality. There were workarounds like you said.
And yes the demand for this feature was very high.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:33 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 895327
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Glad to hear the positive reception. Let me know any feedback or what all of you come up with.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:28 AM

POST ID # = 895642
Riekopo Reputation: 4

Awesome thanks James.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Furnis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 898181
Furnis Reputation: 10
Big Grin Yyyeeeesss!

Finally! The _only_ feature (beside static individual key lighting) I wanted and needed! It's here! It works! The whole Corsair keyboard range just elevated its usefulness to another level, to me.

EDIT: It's the profile switching, i.e. highlight different keys when pressing for example CTRL, that I finally can now have. For this feature alone, I'm a fan.

Last edited by Furnis; 04-06-2017 at 02:27 AM.