Corsair Community

Do I need the Corsair Fan Hub 6 ports

Havuanhle

Hi I have ordered the parts for my PC and it’s on the way. I bought the Corsair 500d Mid-Tower, H115i RGB cooler, 8x2 Vengeance RGB 3200, HX850i, LL120mm Fan and the Nop kit.

I just wonder do I need to buy the Corsair Fan Hub 6Port for my building or not? I don know if it comes with the case or the cooler or neither. Does the LL120mm can connect to iCue itself like other products?

Thank you.

From what I can tell, the 500D RGB SE comes with a RGB LED hub, a Commander Pro, and 3 LL120 fans. I believe the standard 500D does not include the hub, Commander Pro, or fans. From your post, I assume you did not purchase the SE, so you would either need a Lighting Node Pro (and if you purchased the LL Series 120mm Case Cooling Fan Kit with RGB lighting, it comes with a RGB hub) or Commander Pro, in order to use the fans with iCue. As long as all of your Corsair fans are the same model (e.g., LL120), then you can plug up to six of them into a single hub. The hub will then plug into one of the two LED channels on the Commander or Lighting Node Pro. So yes, if you want to control the RGB on all of your fans using iCue software, you will need the hub and either a Commander or Lighting Node Pro.

Check out Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ for more information and diagrams on how to connect your hardware. I hope this helps.

Edit: I noticed that he also has a post dedicated to setting up a 500D SE => Corsairs Obsidian 500D SE Setup Advice and Diagrams

Edited by akdeben5585