Corsair Community

Programming a G-key in a profile to launch Libby and/or Kindle for PC

AgCOtter

I have been able to launch various programs in three profiles, using G-key programming, but I am unable to find an .exe file for either Libby or Kindle for PC. Has anyone run into this type of issue? I would appreciate some direction on this matter. Thank you for your attention to this puzzle of mine.

• 3 weeks later...

FaeTheWolf,

Thank you for pointing me towards the correct folder.

FYI the .exe file for the Kindle program on my Windows 10 Pro x64 computer is at location

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle\application\Kindle.exe

The Libby/Overdrive/? folder is still a work in progress. "Waiting is," and all that.

Again, much appreciation. :D:

AgCOtter

I recently posted a question regarding the location of a program so that I might assign a G-key to access a specific program. FaeTheWolf was kind enough to provide me with a direction as to the location of one of the executable files.

Appended to the answer was a note stating that using either/or SuperUser or StackOverflow would have been a better choice for posting such a question.

In the advanced search options, Search in Forums, there is a iCUE Profiles option, which is what I went with, since I was asking about setting up a profile. I did not see any reference to either of these above suggested sites, and frankly if those particular sites were listed I probably not have used them because in my mind those forums were not on subject.

So, the newbie question. How do I go about finding the correct forum to post a question, especially when the forum I am directed to is, as in this case, a third party site? I have been using the computer for several years but I have almost no experience with forums. I have never heard about either of these sites. Information, guidance, suggestions, directives, and/or instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and attention to this matter,

AgCOtter

• Administrators

Hi AgCOtter,

What FaeTheWolf is saying is that this forum is dedicated to Corsair questions. Your question isn't about iCUE, it's about where the .exe is located. He's directing you towards forums that cover a wider variety of computer questions. Those two forums are very popular.

I'd suggest contacting the makers of Libby directly to find out where the exe is located. https://help.libbyapp.com/categories/need-more-help.htm

Technobeard,

Is there a emoji for a face palm? If so consider it applied. You are of course correct, and I am guilty of not follow the chain of logic to the end, I stopped one place short.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will follow up with that.

Appreciate the help, and I will attempt to keep my questions in the future relative to the product(s) you are selling.

Thanks,

AgCOtter