Corsair Community

Carbide 275R front panel modification

Thomas7

Hi guys,

I would like to change the front panel of my 275R with something identical to the 220T case, for a better airflow.

I saw this: https://www.corsair.com/fr/fr/Cat%C3%A9gories/Produits/Accessoires-%7C-Pi%C3%A8ces/Composants-de-PC/Bo%C3%AEtiers/Graphite-220T-RGB-Front-Panel%2C-Black/p/CC-8900393

Would it be possible? Your opinion?

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Thomas7

Most likely not.

First, the two cases are different dimentions. The 275R is 17.91" tall x 8.46" wide and the 220T is 17.71" tall x 8.27" wide.

Second the holes and layout of the front frame of the two cases are different and would most likely need to drill new mounting holes \ modify the front of the 275R chassis to make it work.

Third, you would loose your power button\IO ports on the top front of the case of the 275R as they are part of the front bezel of that case. The 220T has them in the top portion of the metal case.

The biggest hurdle though would be the difference in case dimentions.

Instead of making a new thread, thought I'd ask here.

Also have the Carbide 275R, would the front panel from the 275R Airflow edition fit on it?

I love the original 275R, but always felt it was suffocating. So instead of buying a whole new case, I was hoping that it's just a matter of buying the front panel of the 275R Airflow, and switching it out.

I was wondering that my self as I am using the 275R TB case for my wife's PC. I did some research comparing the front area on the two cases and and the answer is no, at least not directly without a bit of modification\drilling on the 275R front chassis.

Even thought the 2 cases are essentially the same base chassis, there are small differences on the front of the chassis of the 275 Airflow model.

There are screw holes & pin locator holes that are not present on the front chassis of the 275R that are on the Airflow model used for mounting the IO module & front panel.

It looks like you could drill new holes on the 275R model to allow the Airflow front cover to fit but you would also need to order a new IO panel as the two IO panels between the two models are different.

• 4 months later...

The Carbide 275R Front Fascia is listed on the Accessories pages for US$9.99.

If we ( I ) could get one, it should be possible to try to cut a similar pattern into it.

Or our own personalized ventilation pattern.

We'd only be risking about $10 and some time...

However, it shows as "Notify me when in stock", so will it actually become available to try this?

• 1 month later...