Corsair Community

Corsair RGB Fans with Asus Motherboard

anthizumal

Hi all,

I messed up a little bit. I just purchased parts for a new build, and bought 6 individual of the Corsair LL120 RGB Fans, not realizing there was a 3 pack that came with a controller.

The motherboard I'm going to be using is the Asus Zenith II Rog Extreme which also comes with a fan extension card that is controlled with FanXpert 4. My question is, how compatible will this be with the fans I bought, or will I absolutely need Corsair's controller?

Thanks!

For fan operation, powering the motor and speed control, they are just regular 4 pins PWM fans. You can plug them to the MB or the fan extension card like any other fan.

For RGB though, you will need a corsair controller, like those found on 3packs.

If you buy separately the lighting node pro and the RGB fan hub, it may be more expensive than sending back 3 fans and buying the 3pack with it included...

i believe these extension cards are to provide more PWM headers, not RGB ?

Corsair fans use a proprietary connector, even though deep inside it's the same RGB protocol as other brands. I believe there's tutorials on this forum on how to connect corsair gear to other controllers (like motherboard D-RGB).. requires purchasing or making your own adaptors etc.. bit of DIY

or get the Corsair controller and have it work with iCUE (easiest and has all the RGB bells and whistles that iCue provides)