Corsair Community

Corsair SP120 High Performance fans not shoing 2350 RPM at max

Ynygma

I just replaced my H100i stock fans with 2 SP120 High Performance fans. everything is stalled correctly yet Corsair Link is showing they 2021 RPM. They are set to "Maximum". I even tried a fixed RPM and they still will not go past 2021.

Please assist.

Thank you,

Ynygma

The H100i fan controller will run aftermarket fans at max speed.

Did you connect the voltage step down to the SP120 fans?

Plug the fans into the motherboard BIOS and see if it runs at max speed.

No, that's not the issue. I want max speeds from my SP120s, I am not getting them, I am only getting 2021 instead of the full 2350 RPM.

No, the fans are not using the voltage step down as I want max speeds. I would rather not plug them into my mb because I wanted to control my H100i with the Corsair SP120 fans attached to it via the Corsair Link.

Ynygma

Sorry for late reply, busy week. Firmware is the latest one. I also hooked up the fans directly to the FAN headers on the MB and the BIOS is showing the same speeds that Corsair Link is. So I bought another set of these fans and still getting around the same RPMs whether hooked up to Corsair Link or motherboard:(

I have a brand new AX860 PSU that is plenty enough power to run my rig so I don't know what is wrong:(

Sorry for late reply, busy week. Firmware is the latest one. I also hooked up the fans directly to the FAN headers on the MB and the BIOS is showing the same speeds that Corsair Link is. So I bought another set of these fans and still getting around the same RPMs whether hooked up to Corsair Link or motherboard:(

I have a brand new AX860 PSU that is plenty enough power to run my rig so I don't know what is wrong:(

Then this is not a link problem. Manufactures specs are average there is no way without significant cost to make each fan exactly remember they wind wire around coils lots of it and any slight variation could impact your specs.

Then this is not a link problem. Manufactures specs are average there is no way without significant cost to make each fan exactly remember they wind wire around coils lots of it and any slight variation could impact your specs.

I get that it would not be exact, but I thought it would be at least like 2250-2300. Not 2020.

Archived