Corsair Community

Nonsensical AX860i Readings

AlexIvo

I recently installed iCUE having been using LINK since I built my computer in 2015. I had previously had no issues with LINK correctly reporting the various statuses of my AX860i PSU e.g. temperature, fan speed, efficiency.

However, having been using iCUE for 3 days now, whilst it seems to have the correct values for the rest of my system i.e. motherboard, RAM, cpu, the sensor values for the AX860i are completely nonsensical.

Screenshot here: https://i.imgur.com/4hVikg9.png

The temperature value reads -196 Celsius, and the power in/out values fluctuate wildly between 70% and >100%.

I would be surprised if this erratic behaviour is symptomatic of a failing PSU, and I don't think it's a coincidence that this behaviour started the day I installed iCUE, when LINK never had this issue.

I'm not running any other monitoring programs either.

Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers.

Edited by AlexIvo

Hey Alex, I've been seeing (and reported here) erroneous values on my AX860i too. In my case the temperature reported is normal but the power in and power out numbers get sampled out of sync with each other - which in turn leads to efficiency values that are plain wrong - like you I'm regularly seeing reported efficiency values well over 100%, which would be great if they were true :-)

I've tried uninstalling iCue and going back to Link - where everything reads just great again, so it's obviously a problem with iCue or its driver. Seems as though there's little we can do apart from keep reporting it here and hoping that Corsair are working on a fix for a future build.

Edited by Citizen Crazed

Hey Alex, I've been seeing (and reported here) erroneous values on my AX860i too. In my case the temperature reported is normal but the power in and power out numbers get sampled out of sync with each other - which in turn leads to efficiency values that are plain wrong - like you I'm regularly seeing reported efficiency values well over 100%, which would be great if they were true :-)

I've tried uninstalling iCue and going back to Link - where everything reads just great again, so it's obviously a problem with iCue or its driver. Seems as though there's little we can do apart from keep reporting it here and hoping that Corsair are working on a fix for a future build.

Hi Citizen Crazed,

Well, firstly, thank you for confirming that it isn't just me experiencing the same issues, and that my PSU isn't about to just disintegrate...

What is also interesting is that if I enable HWInfo monitoring of my AX860i sensors (although it complains about dual monitoring programs), it also reports the same nonsensical temperature and efficiency values. However, if I uninstall iCUE, and go back to LINK, HWInfo is also then able to report the correct sensor numbers again.

It's as though iCUE is actually altering the way the AX860i reports its status to the mobo, rather than just 'reading' the wrong values...

Hopefully there is a fix for this soon!

• 7 months later...

So, bumping this thread back up to the top to see if there's any news on a fix. Just tried the latest build of iCue to find that the efficiency figures are still all to pot, and, worse, there's a new bug: the new version of the USB link interface driver freezes if I hibernate and then wake the PC back up.

The only fix seems to be a warm reboot - stopping and restarting the iCue service does *not* get it running again. Any suggestions/ideas anyone - other than waiting for iCue to get fixed up properly and sticking with Link in the meantime?

• 1 year later...

Sorry for necroing this thread, but I just installed a HX850i with Corsair Link, and when I started iCUE I noticed that the wattage reporting was misbehaving (I hardly believe I'm using 168 000 000 000 watts). After a bit of testing, it seems like my other hardware monitoring program, AIDA64, was the culprit. AIDA64 has an on-screen display panel, and as long as that panel was activated and visible on the desktop (like a widget), iCUE could not read the wattage (or any other metric for that matter) correctly. Make sure you test closing any other hardware monitoring software you may have running, and try again. Disabling the on-screen display panel in AIDA64 solved the issue for me, but I don't think I will be staring at the power consumption statistics in iCUE for long, so I think I'll just make sure everything seems okay the first couple of runs and then go back to AIDA because of all the other goodie metrics.

Hope this helps someone!