The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2017, 08:53 AM

POST ID # = 913672
OldTimer36 Reputation: 10

A bit of follow-up on my situation:
My wife called Corsair again on 7/27 and talked to Diana in the Webstore, who said she would us a prepaid FedEx label via email that evening (after 9 pm EST).
** Received Shipping Label at 9:45 AM EST on 7/28.

I agree with zguy85's assessment completely; when I'm not playing games I work as a software development manager and have first-hand experience with customer support and 'service after the sale'. Some absolute rules for customer support are

- when you say you are going to do something within a time limit you do it (very important!)
- never dropping calls, calling transfer destination FIRST and confirm before actual transfer (unbelievable that Corsair did this to us three times!)
- taking ownership for fixing problem and following through

All of the Corsair folks that we have dealt with have been polite and seemed knowledgeable, but have flagrantly broken all of these rules, time and again, indicating this is NOT an isolated problem.

I really regret that I was not able to get to play with the Corsair One, but the risk of having an experience like this again is just too great for me to consider ordering one again. This experience cost my wife and myself many hours of time, including time off from work and a lot of frustration.

Last edited by OldTimer36; 07-28-2017 at 11:43 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:47 AM

POST ID # = 913676
peterjwhite Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
This is the first I'm hearing of it hanging and timing out. Tried from a different PC / location?
Hi Technobeard, your head of tech support called me yesterday and promised advance replacement RMA for my DOA unit so hopefully I'll receive a working Corsair One Pro soon. In the meantime the support website fails for me on four different devices (3 laptops and 1 phone) on three different networks (home LAN, work LAN and 3G wireless). Attached are two screenshots from different devices of different errors and warnings.

EDIT: Actually not "advance" replacement as they still need to receive the DOA unit in the nearest RMA location, which in my case is Taiwan. To speed up the process I took the unit to a UPS drop off location by taxi, but whole process is still likely to be 10 days.
Attached Images
File Type: png Support_Corsair_Com_Android.png (38.0 KB, 215 views)
File Type: png Support_Corsair_Com_Win10.png (30.4 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by peterjwhite; 07-28-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:46 AM

POST ID # = 913684
OldTimer36 Reputation: 10

Regrettably I did not have the same experience as perterjwhite, an advance replacement RMA would have been much more considerate of my time and I would not have had to stop payment for the DOA unit that I received.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 913687
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjwhite View Post
Hi Technobeard, your head of tech support called me yesterday and promised advance replacement RMA for my DOA unit so hopefully I'll receive a working Corsair One Pro soon. In the meantime the support website fails for me on four different devices (3 laptops and 1 phone) on three different networks (home LAN, work LAN and 3G wireless). Attached are two screenshots from different devices of different errors and warnings.
What's the full URL you're looking at on Android, and what scripts does it want to run on W10?

Old 08-01-2017, 07:24 PM

POST ID # = 914239
renaldafeen Reputation: 10

I'm also trying to submit a simple ticket and the Create a Ticket widget is also telling me that my S/N is invalid. Part number validates okay, but it won't accept my S/N. I've checked it multiple times (no small feat since I eventually figured out that some brainiac decided to put this on the BOTTOM of the unit instead of on the back).

What to do?

thanks,

r

Old 08-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Alan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914244
Corsair Alan Reputation: 10

Hi renaldafeen,

Thank you responding to this thread, we currently addressing issues with support tickets for CORSAIR ONE on the new support site. We are sorry for the inconvenience we have caused.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:38 PM

POST ID # = 914246
renaldafeen Reputation: 10

Thanks Alan - FWIW, this is a problem that is occurring on my new Corsair One. Are you saying I should look in a different forum or go to a different Corsair site?

thanks again,

r

Old 08-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Alan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914360
Corsair Alan Reputation: 10

Warranty needs to be done through our support site but as a work around I asked one of our support representative to get in contact with you.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:20 PM
silostrike's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914734
silostrike Reputation: 10

anyone find out how to fix the boot issue or what the root cause of it is? it seems i'm having the same problem. support site says my serial number is invalid when trying to submit a ticket

Old 08-06-2017, 12:24 AM

POST ID # = 914768
pr0xy89 Reputation: 10

I originally posted a similar issue like this on amazon.com... however, it seems like corsair has a strong hold on the reviews that are on there and my review was immediately removed. Probably one of the worse customer service experience of my life and it doesn't even come close. I got a refund for my corsair pro one about a couple of weeks ago and finally have a sigh of relief.. hopefully everyone has their units replaced or refunded!!

Old 08-09-2017, 12:12 AM

POST ID # = 915173
NotSoSeriouss Reputation: 10

This is super worrisome and frustrating to hear - I also had issues with bootup and a Corsair One Pro I ordered from Amazon and got terrible support from Corsair.

Received it on the 18th of July, installed updates and everything fine, next day won't bootup at all other than lights on the tower glowing, nothing I tried helped. Couldn't get a support ticket submitted through the broken website and had to chat with a customer support rep to even have one submitted. Waited a week, got no response. Tweeted at Corsair to try and get SOME kind of response, still nothing, then contacted Amazon instead to get a replacement.
I finally got the replacement today and am setting it up as I type this out - I was hoping that my issue was and one off that was the result of being thrown around during shipping or something, but this seems like a larger pattern from other customers who've received their Corsair Pro's from Amazon. I wonder if they were sent defective machines? Or maybe even used machine they're selling as new?

I'll post here again if things with my replacement machine go poorly. Sucks that I have to be paranoid now about this, I'm not even going to attempt to put my files on this machine until I'm sure it'll not crap out on me.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:30 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 916653
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Have peoples' problems been resolved or are some of these issues still outstanding?

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:58 PM

POST ID # = 916663
Aetherios Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
Have peoples' problems been resolved or are some of these issues still outstanding?
I received a call from Roth K at Corsair apologizing for the disasterous rollout of the nVME-equipped lineup, and ya'll are going to QA test my replacement before sending it over. Mine isnt resolved yet but seems well on its way. I'll have to hold out final judgement until I finally have a working machine!

Old 08-19-2017, 08:03 AM

POST ID # = 916766
Motogp46 Reputation: 10
Default Having same issues Corsair one

Well gentlemen I just received my Corsair one, and to my disappointment no video took several power cycles to finally boot unstable operation. No wifi detected. System freezing sometimes 2 USB ports stopped working at one point then started to work when I finally got it rebooted . I think you get the point anyway I did the cmos reset no good, ran system diagnostics checked ok.
I have read the forums to see if there is a resolution , so far at least what I have read rma response and repair replacement seems to be not going good for some. An d myself like many cannot do without a working computer I do mostly 3d cad so. My questions has anyone found a root cause of the issues motherboard , power supply , interference emi etc.
Is it possible to have just a replacement part or parts shipped to me and I would gladly replace them myself and send the old parts back if needed. I have no technical issue doing this myself more than capable when it comes to computer repair and electronics. I fear rma route would be painfully long. And I would like to resolve this as easy and quickly as possible. So Corsair chime in please respond to a root cause some of us are technically savy people.

Last edited by Motogp46; 08-19-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:31 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 917029
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Just to update you both, we've identified the issue affecting some of the units in our most recent lineup. A small batch of PCI Express ribbon cables used in Corsair One units are passing QA in the factory and then failing in shipment; it's affecting about 10% of the units going out and unfortunately, you two were unlucky enough to get affected systems.

The good news is that we HAVE identified it and we are going to begin contacting end users to send replacement systems out. We're also adding an additional QA step specifically to catch cables that might fail in shipment to ensure this doesn't happen again.

If you haven't heard from us already, you will soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherios View Post
I received a call from Roth K at Corsair apologizing for the disasterous rollout of the nVME-equipped lineup, and ya'll are going to QA test my replacement before sending it over. Mine isnt resolved yet but seems well on its way. I'll have to hold out final judgement until I finally have a working machine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motogp46 View Post
Well gentlemen I just received my Corsair one, and to my disappointment no video took several power cycles to finally boot unstable operation. No wifi detected. System freezing sometimes 2 USB ports stopped working at one point then started to work when I finally got it rebooted . I think you get the point anyway I did the cmos reset no good, ran system diagnostics checked ok.
I have read the forums to see if there is a resolution , so far at least what I have read rma response and repair replacement seems to be not going good for some. An d myself like many cannot do without a working computer I do mostly 3d cad so. My questions has anyone found a root cause of the issues motherboard , power supply , interference emi etc.
Is it possible to have just a replacement part or parts shipped to me and I would gladly replace them myself and send the old parts back if needed. I have no technical issue doing this myself more than capable when it comes to computer repair and electronics. I fear rma route would be painfully long. And I would like to resolve this as easy and quickly as possible. So Corsair chime in please respond to a root cause some of us are technically savy people.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.