Corsair Community

Terrible Experience with Corsair One Pro Support and RMA

OldTimer36

Ordered a new Corsair One Pro on June 30, still do not have a working computer and my wife and I have made numerous calls to Corsair Support trying to get a new working computer.

Customer support was terrible, Corsair never followed up on anything and have dropped calls made to them several times after a transfer when no one picked up.

7/7/17

• Received information from Corsair with order number

7/13/17

• Received Computer, immediately tried to turn on
  • Extreme problems posting, was only able to get to boot by turning on and off successive times and doing ‘hard boots’ by unplugging machine.
  • Typical result of hitting power button was that blue LED in front would come on and the machine would not post.
  • Nothing shows up in monitor and the keyboard/mouse are not working.

7/14/17

Called Corsair support, took following actions

• Provided serial number information to person at other end
  • Attempted flash of BIOS from file sent, process hung forcing hard re-boot of machine.
  • Note that this was VERY difficult because the BIOS flash required several re-boots.
  • BIOS flash failed, resulting in an error on post (again this was very difficult due to primary problem!)

Corsair set up ticket #6952909 and provided log-in information for ticket.

Conversation ended with Corsair agreeing to send a box to RMA the failed unit back.

I was not happy with the stated goal of sending the unit back and fixing it before returning to me, since this would result in no working computer for a lengthy period.

Received an e-mail from Corsair Support titled

C1 Unit Has Diffulty Posting and Booting [incident: 170715-000068]

Received another e-mail stating

Corsair has received your Corsair One RMA request. Your ticket # is 6952909.

A Corsair Representative will respond within 2 business days. <No response from Corsair>

7/17/17

Corsair changed their support web site over the weekend, I could not perform a ‘Claim Account’ due to an unnamed error:

An error has occurred. Please contact customer service with the following error codes:

An error has occurred the Account cannot be Found Or The link has Expired

I still can’t look at my ticket status as of now!

My wife tried several times to call Corsair, was put on hold and received promises of actions that were not performed. There seemed to be no actions taken by Corsair unless they were the direct result of our phone calls.

7/21/17

More phone calls by my wife, the last one was a “I am typing this up now and will transfer you” message with the transfer being lost and she was unable to talk to someone who could help after that.

7/24/17

Spoke to Corsair 1 support. The guy didn't understand why we hadn't started a new ticket on their new system because we should have know that they couldn't get to the old information. He said we should receive a return box in a couple of days. No they would not send out a new computer until the old one was received.

We are disputing the $2200 charge that has already been billed to our credit card account, at this point we have no confidence that Corsair will follow up.

Altogether terrible customer support experience, reviews on the Corsair One Pro were great and I am very sad that I will not get to actually try out this machine.

+1

I received my $2199 Corsair One Pro last night and have exactly the same problem: it just won't start. The Live Chat agent and the "24 hour" support line are both useless and simply asked me to lodge an RMA, with the same "we will respond within 2 days" email message.

In the last hour I've managed to install Win10 on the HDD (not the SSD) using a USD bootable thumbdrive. I suspect the SSD is a dud. Will try testing once I boot from HDD.

EDIT: Was able to install Win10 on the HDD, but could not boot to it, so waste of time. Tried partition manager from a bootable USB and the SSD device is listed but fails if you try to format it.

I am having the exact same booting problems as you, if I reboot three or four times it will boot into Windows. I was about to log the problem with my supplier in Australia. Interested to see how many have the same issues and whats causing them, (SSD/Bios) and the fix.

This is really sad for Corsair. They used to be the best in the business with quality products and prompt customer service. From these 2 examples the customer service has followed their daily fabrication of deceit with the Corsair one 1080 TI-

Alan: sees to not have the answers and just tries to put out the small fires before the backdraft-

I'm frustrated with Corsair and this news doesn't make it better---

Time to move on?

You either rest on your laurels or you continue to innovate and serve.

Remember Blackberry ???

Hi OldTimer36,

Let me look into this issue for you and see what is going on. Those are not normal behaviors. Apologies for the trouble you are experiencing.

Hi Alan, it's great that you respond to OldTimer36, but there are two others on this thread with the exact same problem.

I was about to return my Corsair One Pro to Amazon for full refund, but I finally got through to a human agent on the support line who said that Corsair would issue an RMA and send packing materials for me to return my Corsair One Pro to an RMA centre.

I still haven't received email confirmation of that, or an update to my ticket in support, but I hope Corsair is genuine about supporting DOA units so I don't have to return to Amazon :-(

• Corsair Employee

Hi All,

Please try the CLEAR CMOS button on the back of your unit for 10 seconds and see if this might resolve any of your unit's issue. With the unit powered off. Please let me know if this resolves any of the units.

For those with units that have a DOA issue. Please submit a support ticket on support.corsair.com

If you can also PM your Unit's serial number and and SKU, it would help us track these issues.

Already tried CLEAR CMOS (twice) during my call with support on 7/14, no effect on problem.

Next step was the attempt to flash the bios, which also did not work as described in my initial post.

Ticket and incident number in post should give you information on my unit.

My attempt to use support.corsair.com re-directs to <error> where I had previously failed to 'claim my account' after the 7/14 change in your account management system.

Just attempted the 'Create New Account' option, pressing 'submit' with everything filled in results in a band at the top with message "Please fix the following, then resubmit:" with nothing indicated as needing fixing.

Hi All,

Please try the CLEAR CMOS button on the back of your unit for 10 seconds and see if this might resolve any of your unit's issue. With the unit powered off. Please let me know if this resolves any of the units.

For those with units that have a DOA issue. Please submit a support ticket on support.corsair.com

If you can also PM your Unit's serial number and and SKU, it would help us track these issues.

Hi Alan, I replied your PM with my serial number and ticket ID. Clearing CMOS had no effect. For reference the SKU was CS-9000007-NA and unit was purchased direct from Amazon last week. I hope you can prod the support team into issuing the RMA, otherwise I see no other choice than to return the unit to Amazon for DOA refund.

• Administrators

My attempt to use support.corsair.com re-directs to <error> where I had previously failed to 'claim my account' after the 7/14 change in your account management system.

You should have just received a new link to claim your account. Please click on that link and you should be able to go through the process.

I received the link and my attempt to claim my account failed as before.

- I get a page that says at the top 'LINK TIME HAS EXPIRED'

- Entering a password results in an error at the top

An error has occurred. Please contact customer service with the following error codes:

An error has occured the Account cannot be Found Or The link has Expired

• Corsair Employee

We apologize for the frustration you are all experiencing. We recently migrated over to a new support site and have been experiencing some technical issues. We are working to resolve these as soon as possible. For those who were able to submit a support ticket, please PM me your ticket # so I can get you assisted on your issue.

95519.png;compress=true

• Administrators
I received the link and my attempt to claim my account failed as before.

- I get a page that says at the top 'LINK TIME HAS EXPIRED'

- Entering a password results in an error at the top

An error has occured the Account cannot be Found Or The link has Expired

I'll have to ask what the time limit is. Try requesting a claim link again, and then going to it ASAP. It should be at least an hour.

The Support website itself is dreadful, frequently hangs and times out, to the point that I've accidentally posted updates and attachments twice because it reports an error and just fails to refresh my last post
This is the first I'm hearing of it hanging and timing out. Tried from a different PC / location?

This is starting to remind me of an experience I had at a highly respected restaurant. I decided to go to this nice Italian place where friends were saying how the atmosphere and food was so good with my wife. We went the food was amazing and the atmosphere was on point for the occasion. Problem was our waiter had an attitude and service was garbage. I don't care how good your food is or how hard you have worked to get where you're at. If the customer service is garbage you will never get my business again and I will ensure anyone I know does not make the same mistake.

Fortunately my Corsair One Pro has not had any issues, it's just very hard to hear from other users that their experience with Corsair has been similar to that I have experienced in the past elsewhere many times. I don't expect this from Corsair and hope I don't have these problems.

Thank you to Technobeard and Corsair Alan for getting back with these folks otherwise from what I have read on these forums already in this products short release, I would be done with this Brand no matter how tasty or pleasing to the eye the One is. Someone high up "important" at Corsair needs to be made aware of these issues, because I can see whatever it is that is suppose to be working surely is failing your customers, it only takes One. This should be Corsairs priority to remedy as soon as possible.

A bit of follow-up on my situation:

My wife called Corsair again on 7/27 and talked to Diana in the Webstore, who said she would us a prepaid FedEx label via email that evening (after 9 pm EST).

** Received Shipping Label at 9:45 AM EST on 7/28.

I agree with zguy85's assessment completely; when I'm not playing games I work as a software development manager and have first-hand experience with customer support and 'service after the sale'. Some absolute rules for customer support are

- when you say you are going to do something within a time limit you do it (very important!)

- never dropping calls, calling transfer destination FIRST and confirm before actual transfer (unbelievable that Corsair did this to us three times!)

- taking ownership for fixing problem and following through

All of the Corsair folks that we have dealt with have been polite and seemed knowledgeable, but have flagrantly broken all of these rules, time and again, indicating this is NOT an isolated problem.

I really regret that I was not able to get to play with the Corsair One, but the risk of having an experience like this again is just too great for me to consider ordering one again. This experience cost my wife and myself many hours of time, including time off from work and a lot of frustration.

This is the first I'm hearing of it hanging and timing out. Tried from a different PC / location?

Hi Technobeard, your head of tech support called me yesterday and promised advance replacement RMA for my DOA unit so hopefully I'll receive a working Corsair One Pro soon. In the meantime the support website fails for me on four different devices (3 laptops and 1 phone) on three different networks (home LAN, work LAN and 3G wireless). Attached are two screenshots from different devices of different errors and warnings.

EDIT: Actually not "advance" replacement as they still need to receive the DOA unit in the nearest RMA location, which in my case is Taiwan. To speed up the process I took the unit to a UPS drop off location by taxi, but whole process is still likely to be 10 days.

Support_Corsair_Com_Android.thumb.png.85fe0a623c57c284f42c46cb0fbb490c.png

Support_Corsair_Com_Win10.thumb.png.a06e9108ff24ab71997d8a84cb642b33.png

• Administrators
Hi Technobeard, your head of tech support called me yesterday and promised advance replacement RMA for my DOA unit so hopefully I'll receive a working Corsair One Pro soon. In the meantime the support website fails for me on four different devices (3 laptops and 1 phone) on three different networks (home LAN, work LAN and 3G wireless). Attached are two screenshots from different devices of different errors and warnings.

What's the full URL you're looking at on Android, and what scripts does it want to run on W10?

I'm also trying to submit a simple ticket and the Create a Ticket widget is also telling me that my S/N is invalid. Part number validates okay, but it won't accept my S/N. I've checked it multiple times (no small feat since I eventually figured out that some brainiac decided to put this on the BOTTOM of the unit instead of on the back).

What to do?

thanks,

r

I originally posted a similar issue like this on amazon.com... however, it seems like corsair has a strong hold on the reviews that are on there and my review was immediately removed. Probably one of the worse customer service experience of my life and it doesn't even come close. I got a refund for my corsair pro one about a couple of weeks ago and finally have a sigh of relief.. hopefully everyone has their units replaced or refunded!!

Archived