The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Calomancer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 915222
Calomancer Reputation: 10
Question Utility Engine macro Stop working when screen is switched to another input

I'm trying to create shortcuts for my Dell Monitor using the DDM.exe command line options and the Utility Engine. Basically you run ddm.exe with some arguments and it switches your screen's input.

It switches inputs fine when the screen is looking at the computer's input. (ie, if I press the button to switch to DP or HDMI it will) When it switches to HDMI (or other inputs) the Macro/Action Stops functioning. Anyone have any ideas what's up with this?

I have a K65 RGB for reference.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:28 AM

POST ID # = 915363
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Did you link an application to the profile with all the macros? It's likely that it may have lost focus when the input source switched.
If so, try setting that profile as the default and see whether that changes anything. (Move the profile to the top of the list and remove the application link)

Old 08-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Calomancer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 915422
Calomancer Reputation: 10

The profile is the default. (saved to the keyboard) and there is no linked application.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:35 AM

POST ID # = 915860
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Is this a monitor with a in-built KVM switch? E.g. You connect the keyboard to the monitor and it allows it to be used on a second system?

If so, the actions/macros will not work as CUE will also need to run on the second system.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 915924
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calomancer View Post
I'm trying to create shortcuts for my Dell Monitor using the DDM.exe command line options and the Utility Engine. Basically you run ddm.exe with some arguments and it switches your screen's input.

It switches inputs fine when the screen is looking at the computer's input. (ie, if I press the button to switch to DP or HDMI it will) When it switches to HDMI (or other inputs) the Macro/Action Stops functioning. Anyone have any ideas what's up with this?

I have a K65 RGB for reference.
Switching your monitor to an input which is not controlled by your K65 RGB keyboard will produce the effect that your Macro/Action stops functioning, when actually it is simply that your display does not show what your keyboard is up to.

Tags
action, cue, error, macro, screen