The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2018, 06:06 PM
mulldogs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936156
mulldogs Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Link showing no devices all of a sudden

Since updating to the latest after a couple days of using it all of a sudden none of my devices, system specs or sensors are showing up meaning I cannot control my H115i or my RAM lighting. I've tried rolling back but it doesn't matter what version I install it still shows nothing

Old 01-18-2018, 06:56 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936167
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulldogs View Post
Since updating to the latest after a couple days of using it all of a sudden none of my devices, system specs or sensors are showing up meaning I cannot control my H115i or my RAM lighting. I've tried rolling back but it doesn't matter what version I install it still shows nothing
OK ... this means that the Corsair Link service isn't getting data to the Corsair Link UI. The question we need to figure out is why this started.
So ... some questions:
- Did you check to see that the Corsair Link Service was starting when you start up Link? Link starts this service on demand so it won't be running if Link isn't running. But it should be running when Link is.
- Are you running an antivirus or firewall product of any kind?
- Is there anything else that you've installed between the time it worked and the time it didn't?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:02 PM
mulldogs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936171

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
OK ... this means that the Corsair Link service isn't getting data to the Corsair Link UI. The question we need to figure out is why this started.
So ... some questions:
- Did you check to see that the Corsair Link Service was starting when you start up Link? Link starts this service on demand so it won't be running if Link isn't running. But it should be running when Link is.
- Are you running an antivirus or firewall product of any kind?
- Is there anything else that you've installed between the time it worked and the time it didn't?
Will the Corsair link service show up under task manager?
Yes I am running an antivirus program which is not running correctly so I'm about to uninstall it.
And no I haven't installed anything else

Old 01-18-2018, 07:03 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936173

Quote:
Will the Corsair link service show up under task manager?
Yes I am running an antivirus program which is not running correctly so I'm about to uninstall it.
And no I haven't installed anything else
What antivirus?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:17 PM
mulldogs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936176

Quote:
What antivirus?
AVG. I did a fresh Windows install a week or so ago and the reinstall of AVG hasn't been running nicely

Old 01-18-2018, 07:40 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936180

Quote:
AVG. I did a fresh Windows install a week or so ago and the reinstall of AVG hasn't been running nicely
Hmm. We've seen issues with Adaware Free but I've not heard of any with AVG ... yet. Try uninstalling that and see what happens.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:40 AM
mulldogs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936241

Quote:
Hmm. We've seen issues with Adaware Free but I've not heard of any with AVG ... yet. Try uninstalling that and see what happens.
I uninstalled and no different and Corsair link service is running. The only thing different I can think of now is a MOBO bios update I did but if my other monitoring programs are showing sensor readings shouldn't Corsair link have no problem?

Old 01-19-2018, 08:39 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936249

Quote:
I uninstalled and no different and Corsair link service is running. The only thing different I can think of now is a MOBO bios update I did but if my other monitoring programs are showing sensor readings shouldn't Corsair link have no problem?
What other monitoring programs are you running? Does this happen when you don't have them running?

Old 01-19-2018, 03:01 PM
mulldogs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936280

Quote:
What other monitoring programs are you running? Does this happen when you don't have them running?
I've tried uninstalling all of the monitoring software to see if that was the issue but it still doesn't work

Old 07-09-2019, 06:41 PM
Exsosus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010714
Exsosus Reputation: 10

Hi, everyone. After 3-months + with Corsair support the answer is simple.

Step 1: Run Winver in Run command.
Step 2: Uninstall iCue complete and if you have Link installed, that too.
Step 3: Restart Windows. (Yes I know its windows 10 but this is hardware related. Do it).
Step 4: Install Corsair Link 4.9.9.3 for Windows version 1809 OS Build 17753.557 or later.
Step 5: If you want iCue for your keyboard RGB and other accessories install that now.

You should have all devices showing in Corsair Link!

Enjoy.

Tags
corsair link, corsair vengeance, h115i