Corsair Community

jlg88

This is really directed at Corsair employees, but if anyone has built/helped build a 220T and managed this then your input is also appreciated.

I have seen a few builds where the AIO does fit on top with the Corsair vengeance rgb RAM, my question is this?

What MBs can support this? I currently have an ASUS z490 plus and also had my computer built for me (yeah i know) BUT I want to move it to the top of the case with help from a co-worker. It just a preference thing for lighting not a performance thing, I'd just like to know if we should even attempt to relocate it with my current MB. I recently found an interesting comment that sparked this post: "Why would corsair make a case with support for a 240mm top rad, and make it so you couldn't even use their OWN ram sticks.." haha

Thank you!

• Corsair Employee

Hello jlg88,

That is very dependent on which motherboard model. I cant tell from looking at your model if it would fit. My recommendation is that you measure out the radiator and fans and then also measure out if it would fit in the top mount.

the 220T is VERY cramped.. Honestly, i wouldn't consider more than a 240 on the front, or 360 is the HDD cage is removed.

Top position barely allowed to fit 120mm fans alone on my experience and fitting the EPS12V had to be done beforehand. 140mm fans would not mount at all, unless there's no motherboard..

of course it will vary depending on the motherboard, but it's still very very small in there.. wouldn't call this "mid-tower".

In the same style i'd rather use the 4000D airflow

So after looking at builds where the AIO was top mounted, the deciding factors have been different RAM installed and the MBs used had their ram slots slightly lower. So I'm gonna just leave it how it is, it still looks amazing either way to me. Thanks for the input i did receive!

• 2 weeks later...
I just encountered the same issue due to having an Asus MB and the Vengeance RGB PRO memory. I have to take back the H100i because there isn't sufficient space to mount it. Had to use the stock cooler that came with the CPU but fortunately the Ryzen 7 has a beefy cooler.

• Corsair Employee
Hi, I could not create a discussion, I wanted to know sen in the 220T in addition to the inculse fans I can connect 1 LL120 RGB fan (all connected to the integrated hub) (I don't care to adjust the fan speed)

Hi Happyy,

No you cant mix different RGB-fans on the same controller. What you can do is add another SP PRO RGB fan.