Corsair Community

Corsair Power Supplies Notorious for Coil Whine!

CoilWhine

Corsair Power Supply Guru "Jon Gerow" as well as "George Makris" (Corsair Director of Marketing) mentions the Corsair AX1600i is the worlds best power supply, does that mean it does not have Coil Whine?, as they both mention it is the "Worlds Best Power Supply", so in order to be the worlds best it should be free of Coil Whine Correct? Can Mr Makris or Gerow himself confirm this and on 230V AC, as they are talking about the "Worlds Best" not "Americas Best", not all of us use 110V!

[ame]

[/ame]

If Corsair continues to release power supplies with Coil Whine, will they eventually put them under the CW "Coil Whine" Series Line, much like the other lines they have eg AX/RM/HX/CX. Maybe we can have some input from Corsairs Director of Marketing (George Makris)?

I was wondering why Corsair keep releasing Power Supplies with Coil Whine?, If you check Amazon Reviews especially for the RM Series they are Notorious for Coil Whine!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CP-9020084-UK-RM1000i-Modular-Supply/product-reviews/B00YPQLRNO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewopt_sr?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&formatType=all_formats&pageNumber=1&filterByStar=critical

The Video below is exactly what the coil whine sounds like from the Corsair RM1000i, even above their stock loud intel cpu cooler it is very much noticeable! (My System Fans Run at Low RPM making the Coil Whine even more Noticeable)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/RTUNLJIV7SLGP/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00YPQLRNO

Do you think it's acceptable that I should have to hear your power supply whining/buzzing/chirping over my Graphics Card/CPU/Case fans and Speakers while gaming at night? Can you ask your Power Supply Guru "Jon Gerow" to comment on this and also ask him if he can hear the Coil whine in the Video from the First Link?

What is Corsair doing to rectify these Coil Whine Series Power Supplies, are they even taking this Coil Whine issue seriously? (Considering you keep releasing Coil Whine Power Supplies) and how would one replace a Coil Whine Series Power Supply with one that does not Whine?, are you testing replacements being sent out for Coil Whine (Do you even have anyone who can?) ? or do we just have to keep testing and returning them till we get a Whine free one, if so how will you compensate us for our time?

https://www.corsair.com/ww/ru/blog/coil-whine

This article above was written by Corsair Power Supply Guru "Jon Gerow", with respect some say because of his Age he cannot detect Coil Whine, it is a fact people over a certain age cannot detect it, Jon Gerow himself mentions it "these noises can be at such a high frequency that only some people are actually able to hear them. Many people, especially those over 25 years of age, cannot hear noises over 15kHz" in the article, yet he is your power supply guru but may not be able to detect something (coil whine) he wrote an article about!

So is this the reason why you keep releasing these "Coil Whine" Series Power Supplies, because you may not have the employees in your Technical/Test/Design/Quality Control department who are under the age needed to detect it?