Corsair Community

Using iCUE with only one set of Corsair LL Series fans

ehcarleton

I am a bit lost and confused as how to use the iCUE with only one set of Corsair LL Series. I have added the fans to the lighting setup and at one point was able to play with the different predefined effects and to get them to stick, sort of. Sometimes they would stick, other times not.

In playing around with things I created a second profile and deleted the default profile, now when iCUE is running the lights are OFF unless I open it up, go t the LIghting Library and pick one of the effects I have saved there.

The moment I close iCUE, the lights turn off again.

I have many, many questions, but figured it would be best to start with the basics: How do I get it to stick to the one lighting pattern I want all the time?

There seems to be some confusion about how the lighting Library works. It's just a clipboard for copy and paste, but when you click on it in the Library, it will show you how it looks with a forced preview. That is easier for differentiating between lots and lots of effects that have a similar two color icon.

When you drag the effect from the Library into the profile above, you may or may not have to apply the effect to the fans. It kind of varies. When there is nothing there, it is usually applied to all fans in the channel. If you have other effects, it may not automatically highlight the fans. Make sure the effect is in the profile and it is applied (CTRL + Left Click Drag).

ok so the 1st thing you need to do is open task manager and end corsair.service the service should automatically restart that will fix the LL flickering bug (yeah I know it's really annoying but it's been here since the first release of iCUE and they're still working on fixing it) than go in to icue and delete all them profiles you created in lighting Library all you need to do after that in click the + on the lighting channel tab for more info on the flicker bug go here http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177368

note: you may or may not need to end corsair.service after a restart or power on from sleep at least for me it always does the flickering after a restart or power on from sleep .

Next question: What would be the point in adding more than one lighting setup to a given profile?

Mostly just design or variation. You create a key color specific layout and have a rainbow wave going across the top. Some days you feel like rainbows. Some days you want plain white. You can toggle effects on or off rather than create an identical profile with one tiny color change. I tend to this while creating and then narrowing the list as to which effects I prefer. Easy to toggle them on/off in the effects list.

However, another more interesting thing to do is layer various color effects. The hierarchy is top dominant, so the highest on the list will be take priority, but not necessarily exclusively. So for example, you can take a color pulse effect and place it on top of a static color. Rather than fade to darkness, it will fade to the underlying color. This is one way of doing a 3 color shift with about 5 seconds of work. Similarly, you could layer rain on top of a specific color (like blue) to soften the effect. This layering is the big step forward for lighting control on the fans compared to Link. Not everything can be layered. 100% coverage effects like Rainbow Wave or Spiral Rainbow will simply cover whatever is underneath.

Archived